Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not getting enough protein or liquids in

Went to my two week post-op appointment yesterday and got told I have to get in 40oz of liquids and the same goes for Protein. I've gotten every Protein shake and powder on the list they gave me' date=' tried them all, most make me feel sick. The ones I can get down only have 15 grams of protein:( I just feel kinda stuck![/quote']

Try Jay Robb shakes! They r awesome. nectar makes me vomit!! Premier makes me vomit too. Ive been living off of tea w unflavored Protein Powder

I was sleeved on May 21st and having the same problem. I am getting about 45oz of fluids in a day and only 25 grams of Protein. I drink one Protein Shake a.day (8oz) and that takes me 2 hours to get down. I really liked my Protein Shakes preop, but now they taste terrible to me, so I gag with every sip. I was told to get protein "shots". They have different flavors and they are only like 2 or 3oz. I saw some at Walmart that have 42 grams of protein in one shot. Since I am having problems getting my protein in, I think the shots are the best option.

I was sleeved on May 21st and having the same problem. I am getting about 45oz of fluids in a day and only 25 grams of Protein. I drink one Protein shake a.day (8oz) and that takes me 2 hours to get down. I really liked my protein shakes preop' date=' but now they taste terrible to me, so I gag with every sip. I was told to get protein "shots". They have different flavors and they are only like 2 or 3oz. I saw some at Walmart that have 42 grams of protein in one shot. Since I am having problems getting my protein in, I think the shots are the best option.[/quote']

Im having the same problem with Fluid intake!!! Just cannot drink enough!!!

I have a hard time with fluids too. I've always been an eater and never a drinker. Prior to surgery I'd drink 8oz of Water a day on average. Now I drink 35 to 40oz. I am slowly working my way up to 64 to 70oz. Just keep at it slowly and eventually it will become habit. It won't happen in a week.

I started mixing flavorless whey Protein into 20oz of Water with 2 packets of crystal light (fruit punch, and pink lemonade). Add lots of ice and its actually good. I've done this every night for the last 4 nights and lost 2.5 pounds.

highest weight = 228 DOS = 219 CW = 201 DOS was May 7th 2013

I got the Unflavored whey Protein and its nasty. And all the other Protein drinks are starting to taste gross to me too. Where do you you get the flavorless soy Protein at?

I bought it at Safeway. I live in Canada but I'm assuming most grocery stores would probably have similar? It was called Genisoy. Also, the key for me is definitely to make it in a smoothie, not a "shake".

Just mixing it with milk was always inedible for me but when I mix it with the fruit, yogurt, and juice, I can't taste it at all!

I also use it in baking. I made Breakfast "cookies" with pumpkin and oats, Splenda, and some other stuff and used 1/2 cup of the soy protein in place of flour. Turned out quite well. I think I'll try it with oatmeal raisin next time.

I really like the Premier Protein ready made shakes. I buy them at costco. There are 30g of Protein in just 11 oz, so was able to handle them early on. They have been my saving grace! I also sucked on SF popcocles and crushed ice in the early days after surgery to stay hydrated.

I bought it at Safeway. I live in Canada but I'm assuming most grocery stores would probably have similar? It was called Genisoy. Also, the key for me is definitely to make it in a smoothie, not a "shake".

Just mixing it with milk was always inedible for me but when I mix it with the fruit, yogurt, and juice, I can't taste it at all!

I also use it in baking. I made Breakfast "cookies" with pumpkin and oats, Splenda, and some other stuff and used 1/2 cup of the soy Protein in place of flour. Turned out quite well. I think I'll try it with oatmeal raisin next time.

i so know what you mean about needing some stuff in a smoothie and not a shake. the thickness and other ingredients just make it easier to handle. that is a good idea - making the Protein Cookies. i started making psyllium Cookies back when i was low carb dieting. im gonna go look for some home made protein cookie recipes. thanks for the idea!!

I really like the Premier Protein ready made shakes. I buy them at costco. There are 30g of protein in just 11 oz, so was able to handle them early on. They have been my saving grace! I also sucked on SF popcocles and crushed ice in the early days after surgery to stay hydrated.

now you have me wondering if there is a way to make home made protein popsicles. heehee.

such good ideas in here!!