Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I always see clothes that I would love to wear if I was just skinny. With my surgery scheduled in August, I'm hopeful I'll be able to wear those clothes in the near future! Anyone pre-purchase a goal outfit? Got pics?

I'm 3 mos out. I won't be doing this because knowing me I won't like the way the outfit looks on me. I'm very picky. I'd like to get a pair of sexy underwear though.

I agree with amytug. I can't wait to go shopping and try clothes on, but I won't be buying anything until I can try it on. I really look forward to going to places like Fredrick's of Hollywood and buying a sexy bra, underwear and lingerie!

I was too cheap to buy a goal suit. I went to Macy's and talked to the row of suits which were all too small for me. "I'll be back and one of you mugs will be mine!"

I went back about a month ago and got 2 suits, only they were farther down the rack toward the smaller sizes than the ones I was talking to.

No but my dream is jeans and shorts which is something I will not do now. When I had my surgery I told my husband if I freaked out before surgery or changed my mind to whisper "jeans and shorts" in my ear!!

I didn't do this, because I honestly don't know what size I will be at the end of this thing.. I just got 2 new outfits (my first new clothes because wearing my old stuff was starting to look like a little kid wearings dads clothes) and I was able to fit in a 36 inch waist jeans!! My old jeans are 42-44 inch.. I was soooo excited that I fit into them. I got 2 xl shirts which do fit, but are still a little tight right now.. They should fit great in a month or two though :)

Now that I hit the half way mark it is a bit easier to see myself fitting into a 32 inch jean one day.. but I will wait until I am there to spend the money.. that way I can see how awesome they look at the time of purchase.. :)

I have been every size ....I have a wide assortment from 11/12 up to size 30/32...I am in what I call my 'skinny closet'...clothes from like size 20 down that I haven't fit into in a lonnngggg time...I am in some of the 20 jeans, depending on fit. I hung a size 14 (my goal size) dress on the outside of my closet, so it is the first thing I see every morning. I want to be able to rock a little black dress again, and a red one, and a blue one...etc etc...

Best of luck to all of us with our goals!!!

Good point, we may surpass our goals! I dream of looking good in a little black dress, but then again, I buy so much black now to help me look smaller that I can't wait to add some color to my wardrobe!

This is not necessarily a "goal outfit", but one of my goals is to fit in this totally adorable dress that I bought and it was tight when I bought it and the one and only time I wore it. I cannot wait until it will be able to wear and "rock it"!

I buy a pair or two of jeans every month. I thought al my cute xxl sundresses would carry me thru summer but I was wrong. I'd wait to buy that outfit until you reach goal.

I have been every size ....I have a wide assortment from 11/12 up to size 30/32...I am in what I call my 'skinny closet'...clothes from like size 20 down that I haven't fit into in a lonnngggg time...I am in some of the 20 jeans, depending on fit. I hung a size 14 (my goal size) dress on the outside of my closet, so it is the first thing I see every morning. I want to be able to rock a little black dress again, and a red one, and a blue one...etc etc...

Best of luck to all of us with our goals!!!

Ditto! Only my sizes will start from 26/28! I have some cute things that I bought for my honeymoon (19 years ago tomorrow in fact) which I never got to wear & some things even still have the price tags on them! So I am hoping to fit back into those clothes! Actually, I've even been having dreams of seeing myself in those smaller sized clothes too! It just makes me so happy!! Lets hope I don't freak out when I get a sleeve date! LOL!

I am 7 mos post-op and my goal weight was 150, last week when I weighed myself I was 131. So I would hold off until you are at goal weight and can stay there a couple of weeks. I purchased myself bra's from Victoria Secret's and two weeks later they were too big :( So I wouldn't go overboard till your able to maintain the weight.

Good luck :)

I only bought cloths that fit. I do have a few tops that are too big so I just layer my clothing. :)

I am waiting for my surgery date. I'm a size 14, I have several goal outfits....my first is my size 7 and I have a size 3 for my next goal. I can't wait really excited to look great and be a healthy size!