Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeved may 6th..this is tough!

I was sleeved May 6th prior to the surgery, I was all for it and sure this is exactly what I wanted but now that it's done, I think I may have made a bad choice. This is so hard, I feel very sad and I have no energy at all. I want to feel normal again and the way things are going, doesn't feel like I'll ever be there. I know now that there is nothing I can do, I can't change time I just need to get through this but its hard, i mean i knew it wasn't going to be easy but i guess i didn't expect this. A friend of mine had it a few wks before me and she is so happy amd energetic. I hope I get to that phase soon. I don't want to regret my decision, I just want to be happy again.

I feel the same way :( I got sleeved on Monday and I cried yesterday just because I am so frustrated :( I hope this is all worth it :)

Hi Janett, I hope it is also. I have cried a few times also, but I'm told it will pass. We just gotta be strong.

Good luck to you, please keep in touch so I know how you are doing.

Yes keep in touch! I guess we have to make the best of it... There is no going back :(

I am 5 months out and I remember feeling just like you. Fast forward 4 months and its a whole different ball game. No regrets! Down 75 pounds, eating more reasonable portions and able to drink an entire water bottle within an hour. I remember sipping thinking I can live like this! Rest assured it gets easier with time. Things are very swollen and your main focus right now is healing. The rest will come in time, you'll see...each day you'll start to feel a little bit better. I have so much energy now, going to the gym and feeling better than my previous self. Best wishes to the both of you! You'll be surprised how fast time will go by, you're going to do great!

I am 5 months out and I remember feeling just like you. Fast forward 4 months and its a whole different ball game. No regrets! Down 75 pounds' date=' eating more reasonable portions and able to drink an entire Water bottle within an hour. I remember sipping thinking I can live like this! Rest assured it gets easier with time. Things are very swollen and your main focus right now is healing. The rest will come in time, you'll see...each day you'll start to feel a little bit better. I have so much energy now, going to the gym and feeling better than my previous self. Best wishes to the both of you! You'll be surprised how fast time will go by, you're going to do great![/quote']

Wow that is awesome! Ok lets give it time :) thanks for your motivation! :)

Don't you think a little depression and anxiety comes along with this? I had a lot of anxiety before surgery, which was a week ago today, but it was the fear of the unknown more than anything. Even though I had researched everything I possible could there was still a little anxiety. My energy level sure isn't very high right now but I'm still on a full liquid diet phase of the program. I'm wondering if you need to see your therapist (I was required to see one before my surgery). If you don't have a "mind set" for this he or she can help you though it..Don’t be second guessing yourself, you wanted this so embrace it and work with it and give it everything you have! Good luck and keep in touch!

I was sleeved may 7th and I hate it, I'm in the same boat, I am so depressed all I do is sleep. I just want real food.< /p>

Its all what you make of it. If you want to succeed, you will find a way.

I, too, was sleeved on May 6 and am feeling great. Back to wearing clothes I couldnt before, going out, coaching ball, dancing .. back to normal.

Get negative thoughts out of your head, think positive and you will be fine. Just think of the long run, you will be skiny and healthy! Good luck to you and this too shall pass

I was sleeved 5/20...this first week was really hard. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who broke down and cried, felt like I made a mistake, etc. I know it will get better and that we can get through this. I just try to keep thinking positive and know that I really wanted this and I will get past this. I'm so glad I found this forum because its nothing but support. Keep posting please ;-)

I was sleeved on May 7th, I am feeling great for the first time in a long time. I will admit I am still having some cravings and it is so hard to not give in. I treat myself with sugar free ice cream, with sugar free toppings and fat free cool whip. 1/2 cup is very filling. I have been walking when the weather permits, I found myself walking 3 miles, which was unheard of before my surgery, I don't have much energy, but I know I have to get my butt off the couch and do something, or all of this $$$, time and effort to improve my health was for nothing. I have been told the emotional stuff is normal, just be positive and pray a lot, if I can do this anybody can! Wishing all of you success and happiness!!!

I'm sorry you feel that way. It certainly hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine for me either, but I do feel like everyday I feel better and better. But you are not alone, I have had a lot of mixed emotions. I hope you feel better. Xo

I was sleeved on may 15th. The first two weeks have been hard but like I told my husband...past diets have been hard but we were able to quit.

This time there is no quitting...so that's the hardest part. Dont let food control your life. You now control what you eat. So do it with a smile. Dont complain about what you can't eat...rejoice in what you can eat.

Wow, such great inspiration. I am not due to be sleeved until July 5, and like so many of you have anxiety and fear. I have also read everything I can get my hands on. I have watched the YouTube videos of the surgery and of those that have had the surgery. However, after reading your posts I am even more nervous about this. food has never really controlled my life, I just have a Portion Control problem. Im a little nervous about the after effects that I will have to face. It is even harder as I am on my own with no significant other. My children are my support system and they have been very supportive. Good luck to you all, and may we all be on the loosing team.

Its all what you make of it. If you want to succeed' date=' you will find a way.

I, too, was sleeved on May 6 and am feeling great. Back to wearing clothes I couldnt before, going out, coaching ball, dancing .. back to normal.

Get negative thoughts out of your head, think positive and you will be fine. Just think of the long run, you will be skiny and healthy! Good luck to you and this too shall pass[/quote']

I hope you guys feel better and get out of this funk! I haven't been sleeved yet, but I am so excited! I went through all of the classes and tests and prepared for surgery about 2 years ago and then chickened out. I thought 1 more time, I will try and lose weight on my own for the umteenth time...needless to say I am back and hoping for surgery some time in August! I have regrets about not doing it then and it hurts my heart to think where I could be right now if I would have. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Xoxo