Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeved may 6th..this is tough!

When I find myself getting frustrated, I remind myself that my sleeve is for life. This means I have a lifetime ahead of me where I'll be able to eat normal food (albeit in smaller amounts.) This transitional phase is a blip on the radar, and is already working its way into the rear view. My life right now is not indicative of my life in the future.

I got sleeved april 3rd & I have had & still sometimes have feelings of regrets it is hard & frustrating sometimes I wonder what in the hell did I do 2 myself my nut & MY DOC ACT like it would be so easy its not ,not at all I have break outs on my body that I neva had b4 still have 2 take naps so I can't no longer work cause no1 is gonna put up with that I just knew this was what I wanted now I feel like I took my life away not because of the food but because of the pills I have 2 take everyday,hair loss & the emotional part I wish I could turn back but now its 2 late yes I like the weight I loss but I don't think it was worth it having 2 stick myself with needles once a month now plus Constipation & feeling alone please pray 4 me as I'm gonna do the same 4 yal good luck & think very very hard b4 making this decision its not easy at all very very hard !!

I got sleeved april 3rd & I have had & still sometimes have feelings of regrets it is hard & frustrating sometimes I wonder what in the hell did I do 2 myself my nut & MY DOC ACT like it would be so easy its not ' date='not at all I have break outs on my body that I neva had b4 still have 2 take naps so I can't no longer work cause no1 is gonna put up with that I just knew this was what I wanted now I feel like I took my life away not because of the food but because of the pills I have 2 take everyday,hair loss & the emotional part I wish I could turn back but now its 2 late yes I like the weight I loss but I don't think it was worth it having 2 stick myself with needles once a month now plus Constipation & feeling alone please pray 4 me as I'm gonna do the same 4 yal good luck & think very very hard b4 making this decision its not easy at all very very hard !![/quote']

I'm really sorry to hear you're having so many troubles. You definitely sound depressed. I hope you are seeing someone regarding this. Nothing worth having ever comes easy. Just keep reminding yourself of that and this too shall pass. I've yet to be sleeved, but did go through having a band placed and then emergently removed because of complications. Good luck!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having so many troubles. You definitely sound depressed. I hope you are seeing someone regarding this. Nothing worth having ever comes easy. Just keep reminding yourself of that and this too shall pass. I've yet to be sleeved' date=' but did go through having a band placed and then emergently removed because of complications. Good luck![/quote']

Thanks & I am thinking bout going 2 the support meeting maybe actually being around some 1 that's going through the same thing I am will help

I was sleeved May 6th prior to the surgery, I was all for it and sure this is exactly what I wanted but now that it's done, I think I may have made a bad choice. This is so hard, I feel very sad and I have no energy at all. I want to feel normal again and the way things are going, doesn't feel like I'll ever be there. I know now that there is nothing I can do, I can't change time I just need to get through this but its hard, i mean i knew it wasn't going to be easy but i guess i didn't expect this. A friend of mine had it a few wks before me and she is so happy amd energetic. I hope I get to that phase soon. I don't want to regret my decision, I just want to be happy again.

Are you feeling better yet?

I'm sorry for those of you that are having a tough time. One thing I remember that the psychologist told me is that a person going through this process will have a lot of emotions as I'm sure many of you were told the same thing. It's almost as if you are going through a divorce' date=' you have divorced food. You have broken up with all the comfort food you are used to and now just left with liquids. Just like your mate taking everything and leaving only the clothes on your back. It's going to hurt at first but eventually it gets better. I think what makes it hard is that after being sleeved you can't do anything but sit at home and keep track of your Fluid intake. That's boring and with boredom comes our wanting to eat. The thing that helps me with this process is journaling. I know it sounds super cheesy but I write down exactly how I feel. I was sleeved exactly one week ago. On my 4th day out from surgery I was upset because here I was trying to get in as much liquid as possible when all I really wanted was a bite of real food even if it was a vegetable or fruit. So on that day I have an angry journal entry. After writing my feelings down I did feel better. Did it take away my want for food, no but I recognized why I was angry and sad. It's like talking to someone. It may not solve the actual problem but afterwards you feel better.[/quote']

I agree with you and did the same thing!!! Write those feelings down and it makes it easier to move on and get positive.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

This is just what I needed to read right now. I am feeling pretty down right now. I am only 10 days out and I just want something other than a liquid. I want pizza so bad! I read on this board before that you just have to take each day and remember in a year from now this will be a memory!

I am 2 weeks out and my family ordered pizza last night. Since I can have cheese I took a small piece of cheese off of a piece of pizza and it totally satisfied me. We have to do things like this to feel normal. At least I think.

I am about 10 days post op (May 22nd) and physically feel great. I am starving though and crave real food. I mistakenly thought the cravings would go away' date=' but they don't. I am having pureed Soups but getting sick of those quickly. I blended half a banana in my whey Protein and milk today to fill up, but was hungry within an hour. I have about 1 cup of Soup or something pureed per meal, but it really doesn't do much. Not sure if should have more or just deal with it. I don't want to stretch my stomach. Not sure if others dealt with major hunger immediately following surgery, but by day 3 I was hungry all the time.[/quote']

I am hungry throughout the day as well!! I'm trying to eat foods with Protein but still get hungry. Hope this gets better with more dense foods!!!

I've notice that I feel hungry when I'm not keeping busy & I believe its head hunger not actual hunger be strong & try 2 stay busy good luck

I was sleeved on May 13, 2013 and felt the same way I found myself taking bites of my husband's food chewing it and then spitting it out just a few day post op. I just knew I made a horrible decision. Then on May 21, 2013 my brother in law who was a year older and 20lbs heavier than me passed away from a heart attack due to his weight. It was definitely a reality check for me. I am so happy I had this surgery and even though I continue to struggle with eating and getting my liquids in, I know I made the right decision.

Hi there.

I'm five weeks post-op. I had a VERY difficult 2-3 weeks healing process but at 4 weeks I started to feel better..finally..I had a lot of pain..difficulty with my bowl movements..a rash down south..was hungry all the time..and so so tired! It continued until almost exactly a month after surgery then I woke up and felt less crappy :)

Im 5'2" and started my journey at 248 lbs on April 1st. I lost 10 lbs during the pre-op diet period and I was sleeved on May 1st. By June 1st I had lost 11 more lbs. I have lost a total of 21 lbs in two months. I admit I'm disappointed, especially reading how so many people are losing so so so much faster :-( I try to remain positive and keep in mind that I'm losing and not gaining!

Ive also become really hungry..not head hunger but real hunger! I can also eat quite a lot..a lot more than I expected or wanted in fact =-O I'm still figuring out out I'd guess.

I don't regret my decision but am filled with doubt that this surgery is actually going to work! I haven't lost a pound in weeks and weeks! This forums pretty good for support and information..hang in there!

I was sleeved on May 13' date=' 2013 and felt the same way I found myself taking bites of my husband's food chewing it and then spitting it out just a few day post op. I just knew I made a horrible decision. Then on May 21, 2013 my brother in law who was a year older and 20lbs heavier than me passed away from a heart attack due to his weight. It was definitely a reality check for me. I am so happy I had this surgery and even though I continue to struggle with eating and getting my liquids in, I know I made the right decision.[/quote']

Sorry 2 hear about your bro passing & yes we made this decision 4 a reason but @ times its so hard goodluck 2 u & may god watch ova u & ur fam durning this trying time

OK, by the time you folks a few weeks out are feeling better and getting a grip on working your sleeves, I should be be in the early miserable weeks of my post-op -- I will be the one in pain, constipated, and trying to get all my Protein and liquid. I hope that all of you on here today will respond to my post and tell me it gets better. I'll look forward to that.

I felt exactly the same way. Wondered what the hell had I done and could not go back. I was sleeved on May 24th. First 10 days have been more than frustrating trying to get it all figured out, but, last 3 days I have felt great. I wasn't sure if I would ever feel good again, but folks kept telling me it would be ok. This forum has helped me more than anything, seeing that I wasn't the only one and seeing everyone's improvements day by day. It WILL be ok. Give yourself a break. Try to relax.

Not trying 2 be funny but ppl say its gonna get better and hold on ,soon as some1 post something negative its a big problem I think we should be interested in the good and the bad & not bash the bad goodluck 2 all