Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know your appointment is tomorrow but I just want to suggest Greek yogurt. You get a ton of Protein for the size of a serving, I think the last type I got was 12g Protein for a 5.3oz cup. I use the vanilla or original flavors the. Add a little of sugar free pudding powder to change the flavors up a little. Yum!

I was on Clear liquids days 1-3 post op, now on full liquids aiming for 60-80oz or protein. Full liquids include yogurt, pudding, protein shakes, cream of Soups that are strained out, no sugar added applesauce etc...also it really surprises me how quick certain things make you full when the same amount of something else leaves you wanting more

Good luck with your appointment! I'm sure he will move you to your next stage.

Tomorrow is my week out' date=' and thank god I pushed my doctor appointment to tomorrow and not Thursday. I feel soooo weak. Other then that I feel great, my main incision is feeling better every day, even getting itchy which means its healing. I can take down liquids, such as Water and watered down apple juice is my favorite or crystal light. On the other hand I only have 1 bottle of Isopure left which I'm drinking at the moment and packets I received in the hospital. I really don't understand why if you're new tummy can't take a lot of anything, would they give us something with only 15% Protein? They're telling me to drink 4 of those a day!?!?! I can barley get down a cup.....I'm freaking out. I really just want pureed foods so I can eat Protein from a food source. I feel like my body can take it! Is it wrong if I just make myself something without my doctors approval? I know he's the surgeon but I know my body better then anyone. The worse thing that would happen is I throw it up, which I can deal with. Idk if anyone knows any Proteins with high protein content but still taste good let me know!!!![/quote']

I was sleeved the 21 and I feel the same way you took the words right out of my mouth i swear except for each day I'm able to drink more and more Water but them protein is not working out to great for me :(

I was sleeved on May 6. When I went for my 1 week f/u appointment, I asked my surgeon when I would be able to advance my diet to include Soup (specifically pureed lentil soup in my case - I was dreaming about it!). He said I could introduce it on the 17th, so boy was I counting the days! However, when the time came, even having thinned out the soup, I was only able to eat maybe a teaspoon of it. Not at all as satisfying as I had imagined it would be, nor as delicious as I had remembered. Even though I can't stand the Protein Shakes, I find that diluting them with Protein fortified skim milk helps and I feel a lot more energetic (relatively) than trying to depend on food sources of protein only. I gather from the posters on this site that getting to that point will take time and patience. And although we all want to know how long it took for others to reach a certain stage, how much weight was lost by a certain point, etc., we are all individuals with unique journeys and timelines. I plan to take it slow and enjoy the process.

I'm getting yelled at enough I don't need harsh replies' date=' I get it. I know I would be able to have Soup that's all I'm saying and I'm sure tomorrow my doctor will say the same thing.[/quote']

I agree that the best thing you can do is follow the doc's timeline for allowing your stomach to heal.

I appreciate your frustration and struggle with food, but you came on here looking for permission to potentially put your recovery and overall health at risk, so plz don't snap at those who are being the voices of reason you're fighting to tune out.

You chose WLS. You entrusted your life and recovery with your chosen surgeon for a reason. If we truly knew better we wouldn't be having surgery for WLS. We'd do it ourselves. Without surgery. But obviously we're not doing it ourselves and did choose surgery. Don't fight the process and listen to your surgeon and/or nutritionist. That's why you hired them.