Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Dr. Guillermo Alvarez patients here?

I can send you the actual one Susan sent me if you want. I think the hardest part for me was the 2 weeks of liquids after the surgery before I got to the week of liquids that included Soup, juices are great for that phase. I know after I sent all my info and my deposit I gained weight before the rating but I don't know how much as I didn't weigh myself out of fear! I had my surgery on May 10th and I have lost 35 including the original pre surgery amount.

I get to start full solids next week and I'm nervous I won't lose as I might have hit a plateau now but not sure :/ . However, I'm thrilled with he whole experience!! You are going to love them!!!!!!

I can send you the actual one Susan sent me if you want. I think the hardest part for me was the 2 weeks of liquids after the surgery before I got to the week of liquids that included soup' date=' juices are great for that phase. I know after I sent all my info and my deposit I gained weight before the rating but I don't know how much as I didn't weigh myself out of fear! I had my surgery on May 10th and I have lost 35 including the original pre surgery amount.

I get to start full solids next week and I'm nervous I won't lose as I might have hit a plateau now but not sure :/ . However, I'm thrilled with he whole experience!! You are going to love them!!!!!![/quote']

Susan sent me the Soup recipe :) that's my shopping mission next Wednesday lol. But thank you for the offer. Wow, 35 pounds in a short time is great, actually no.... It's amazing and your doing awesome!! I look forward to that day :)

I have read lots about the surgery and they say plateaus are a good thing... Maybe instead of pounds, inches will disappear. Don't ever get down on yourself (we are definitely our worst critic) just think, wow you lost 35 pounds!!!!!

I've been eating great and preparing myself for liquids so far Ive lost. Hoping to keep up with it!!

Good luck with full solids. What are you wanting to try 1st?

I am 15 days out of surgery. Did great. Love the staff and Dr. Alvarez of course!! We drove to Eagle Pass from South Carolina. It was a long trip but certainly worth it!!! You will do great.

We are thinking about driving instead of flying due to the outrageous price for airline tickets...it's a 14 hr drive. How did you handle the drive after surgery?

I'm booked for surgery with Dr. Alvarez July 5th. I have 3 weeks of liquids pre-op and am already scared to take that on' date=' but I know it has to be done otherwise no surgery for me. My highest weight was 334, which was 2 weeks ago. Today I weighed in at 322. I'm really hoping to be under 300 for surgery!!! How do you get thru 3 weeks of liquids?? Any advice??[/quote']

Hi! Have you started your liquid diet yet? I start mine on the 21st. I'm definitely going to make the veggie Soup. Lol

KristenH,

I did fine with the drive. It was no problem. We did stop one night which I was glad for but I think our drive might have been longer than yours? We left our car at the Holiday Inn Express where you will be staying. There was no problem leaving it there for the two days you are in the hospital. When you check in they have a message from Rosie on what time she will pick you up in the morning. His office/hospital is only like 10-15 minutes away.

It was all so easy!!

Hi! Have you started your liquid diet yet? I start mine on the 21st. I'm definitely going to make the veggie Soup. Lol

I start mine tomorrow... I went and purchased all the ingredients for the Soup today so after the labour it takes to make it.. And having to smell it all day... It is definitely going to taste delicious :)

best of luck to everyone with surgery dates upcoming! If you have any questions about Dr Alvarez or the experience in Mexico feel free to drop me a line! I have zero regrets and Dr A and I keep in contact via Facebook.< /p>

Best of luck to everyone! I am scheduled for surgery August 9th.

Oh my goodness! I leave for Mexico Friday!! When I first scheduled my surgery, I thought June 29th is so far away...then I blinked and it's here! I'm now in panic mode lol. What do I pack? What are some things I need to get for post-op? Any last minute tips or advice? The nerves have set in :/

Oh my goodness! I leave for Mexico Friday!! When I first scheduled my surgery' date=' I thought June 29th is so far away...then I blinked and it's here! I'm now in panic mode lol. What do I pack? What are some things I need to get for post-op? Any last minute tips or advice? The nerves have set in :/[/quote']

Hi Kristen! I'm having my surgery on July 1st (Monday) with Dr Alvarez. I'm driving from Houston. I'm starting to freak out too. Lol. I already packed everything that is on the list that Susan emailed me to take to the hospital. It would be great to meet you. You'll probably be released on the day of my surgery. Keep in touch :)

What were the facilities and hotel like? How long were you in both places? Need help deciding, thanks!

We drove to Eagle Pass and the hotel was a Holiday Inn Express. It was nice, clean and comfortable. It was anything super fancy but I don't know if they have anything super fancy in Eagle Pass but it is a quick ride to his office and the hospital. We spent one night in Eagle Pass, Rosie picks you up pretty early the next morning. As far as the hospital you are there the day of your surgery, the entire next day and night and you get discharged the morning of the third day. The hospital was going through a major renovation when I was there which was May 10th. They had a couple of rooms finished and they looked to be nice. I was in an older room but it was fine. There was a pull out couch for the boyfriend to sleep. The hospital itself looked to be a little older than the new fancy hospitals in the states. But I felt entirely comfortable and very well taken care of. I would say with Dr. Alvarez's staff that is there for you 24 hours a day, I felt I got better one on one care than you get in the states. I would go back for surgery with him and his team in a heartbeat.

We drove to Eagle Pass and the hotel was a Holiday Inn Express. It was nice' date=' clean and comfortable. It was anything super fancy but I don't know if they have anything super fancy in Eagle Pass but it is a quick ride to his office and the hospital. We spent one night in Eagle Pass, Rosie picks you up pretty early the next morning. As far as the hospital you are there the day of your surgery, the entire next day and night and you get discharged the morning of the third day. The hospital was going through a major renovation when I was there which was May 10th. They had a couple of rooms finished and they looked to be nice. I was in an older room but it was fine. There was a pull out couch for the boyfriend to sleep. The hospital itself looked to be a little older than the new fancy hospitals in the states. But I felt entirely comfortable and very well taken care of. I would say with Dr. Alvarez's staff that is there for you 24 hours a day, I felt I got better one on one care than you get in the states. I would go back for surgery with him and his team in a heartbeat.[/quote']

I'm so glad to read this. My fiancé & I just confirmed today for surgery with Dr Alvarez on Sept 30. We're very excited, but nervous as well. I'm glad everything went well for you and look forward to following your progress. What pre-op diet did you have to do? My fiancé has to do a 30 day liquid diet & lose 25 lbs before surgery. I only have to do 14 days, but will do the 30 days with him.

I'm glad this post was helpful! :). I had to do 21 days liquid diet. I really liked the Protein and instant Breakfast shakes. I kinda mixed them together with skim milk which was totally yummy I thought! Also I love Tomato Soup so I had a lot of that. Susan from Dr. Alvarez's office sent me a really good veggie Soup recipe which I believe saved me! She did admit I could have diet soda which helped. They are not thrilled with diet soda because you can't drink it post op because of the carbonation. I'm glad you made your decision! It is an exciting venture for you two!! Let me know if you have any questions! You are going to love them!!