Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Dr. Guillermo Alvarez patients here?

I flew from Texas to Memphis with no issues at all. I stayed an extra day just to make sure it was all going to be fine but I could have flown the day before. I was a little nauseous as well those first couple of days but before my feet hit the floor I chewed one of the nausea pills Dr. A gave me before I left. After that there was no issues in drinking the chicken broth I brought with me. I sure didn't think I would have ever just drank chicken broth but it was really good. I used the coffee maker in the room to dissolve it. mmm, mmm good. :)

Hello!

I haven't set a date yet, but will be going to see Dr. Alvarez in either October or November. I've heard nothing but amazing things about him! He sleeved my mom last July and after seeing her progress I know it's time for me to do the same. At first the thought of it made me incredibly nervous...but now I'm just excited.

I hope your experience is nothing but amazing! Keep us updated. :)

- Madison

You sound just like me. I kept thinking i should just go on another diet. Losing it was always the easy part it was keeping it off that was the hard part. I had tried every diet and lost but always gained it back plus more. I was sleeved march 2, 2013 by Dr. Alvarez and i have lost 44 lbs so far. It has been awesome besides really bad reflux. I would recommend this surgery highly. Everyone was mortified when i told them i was going to mexico to have 80% of my stomach removed. Not anymore because they see the fat just melting off me :). My husband is going on 7-18 to have it done. good luck

wow you look awesome, to bad your married.. ;) you are a total insparation to me, and love the fact you went before me and will be there to take care of me when i get home. Thanks you my lil Putzi petite :wub: :wub: :wub:

I was there on march 2' date=' 2013. Maybe we passed each other walking the halls. How is it going? I have lost 43 lbs and I couldn't be more excited.[/quote']

How was it going by yourself I will be going by myself too. No support nothing but negative from family.

I leave tomorrow all by myself to go see Dr. Alvarez, I will let you know how it goes. I have to admit, I'm a little freaked out doing this all on my own.

You will do great!! Dr. Alvarez's staff is with you during the whole process. I didn't go alone but I feel I certainly could have. I would only suggest you pack lightly so you don't have to lift any heavy luggage afterwards

Consider it a great adventure toward a whole new life!!

Congratulations!!

Minniexoxo don't let your family get you down. What you are doing for yourself is a great and amazing thing. Your family will come around when they see how great you are going to do. Don't be worried they take such excellent care of you. I'm happy and excited for you!!

I went a lone and Dr a carried my bag to the van