Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To be sleeved in a month and scared as hell!

Hi Post Op-ers!

I just wanted to hear about your experiences within the first 6 weeks. I'm to be sleeved 6/26 and I'm really scared. I'm trying to fit this surgery in while I'm between jobs, I will be starting a new job on 7/15. Is this doing too much? I've heard of ppl going back to work within 2 -4 weeks. How is your energy level around then?

It all depends on the kind of job you have. I went back after 3 weeks, but I mainly have a desk job. I probably could have done it in 2, but my energy was pretty low. Everyone is different though. I have a friend who had her surgery on a Tuesday and was back teaching the following Monday. Just listen to your body and your surgeon!

Thx so much responding! Yeah listening to my body is my new thing!! So excited for all the newness

YOU'LL BE FINE. Promise.

I was sleeved 4/18. I have a pretty intense job- a resident in medicine so I have long hours and often a 24 hour call. My weight management doctor suggest 4 weeks in case there were any issues. I could have gone back by 2 weeks. I still had low energy but it was managable. I think you should be fine- but what kind of work do you do? I was more nervous and anxious about a month before but once everything started lining in to place I became less nervous the week before. I told myself listen you're doing it and just keep the negative thoughts out. I also stopped coming to the forum the week before. I would see great posts about people's progress which was uplifting and encouraging but every time I saw a post about someone having a hard time- that weighed on me a lot more heavily. The first 5 days was rough for me because I had pain every time I ate or drank something. It wasnt horrible but I was getting concerned like gosh is it always going to be like this? And then literally on day 6 all of that pain was gone. I still had incision and abdominal wall soreness but that was completely gone by 2.5 weeks. Just over 4 weeks out now without any pain. I was on puréed since day 3 and regular since week 3. I've been advancing somewhat slowly but so far so good. I have not vomited at all and have tolerated everything I've had including steak, chicken, veggie burger, salad, soft fruits, eggs. I've lost 24 lbs as of week 4 and more since I think but haven't weighed again. I started at 259 :) Everyone's experience is different so take what I say with a grain of salt! I have been following many who were sleeved the same month as I have and overall everyone is doing quite well. Only one person that I know of with a major complication - bleeding spleen that had to be removed during procedure but as I understand they are doing well now. Some people have had problems with "things getting stuck", not tolerating certain foods (ie: eggs) or not being able to eat more than a couple oz at a time- which I don't think is abnormal. If I eat 2-3 oz I am usually very comfortable but there have been times I pushed it to 4 oz and while I was very full I haven't gotten that omg I am going to die feeling. I've been lucky I think but there are so many others that are happy with their progress. Don't get me wrong it's not a walk in the park.. It's the learning curve that has been the most difficult for me- weighing food, knowing what hungry, satisfied, and over full feel like. I'm still getting used to not eating and drinking at the same time. I have not had the feeling of omg what did I do? Not have I regretted it yet...

So here's hoping that stays the same :) and I wish you the best of luck. Honestly I would take the week before your surgery and stay off the boards. Unless for some reason you feel a lot better about it when you do read... If youve done your research and not making a hasty decision, then you should know whether is the right choice for you! Just take deep breaths every time you get nervous and remind yourself why you think this is the best thing for you. I also wrote a list of all the things I looked forward to after surgery and the closer I got to goal.. And would look at that when I felt nervous :) thought it really helped. Okay I am ending my novel now. The very best luck to you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches