Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Nick Nicholson- Dallas, TX

Awe I'm sorry you had a rough time of it. You stayed two night because you were from out if town right? Who was your nurse that day? I was wondering how many patients each nurse had. I had Callie and I guess bc I was low maintenance I did not see her much. The previous day I had Henry who was in a lot. He was so nice!

Yes, I was staying two nights because I was from out of town, but I bet they would have kept me two nights anyway since my vomiting wasn't under control until late Wednesday night. I *think* her name was Patricia. I was so out of it, I'm not sure. She was a perfectly capable nurse, but we didn't exactly click. I got the feeling that I was annoying her because I wasn't walking enough. She would tell me she wanted to see me walking and then immediately leave the room without unhooking my leg things or unplugging my IV. I was like "so how am I supposed to walk if I can't undo anything myself?" (my husband was with our baby, so I was by myself after that first night) I was so drugged on the anti nausea stuff that I would just go back to sleep after she left.

Yes, I was staying two nights because I was from out of town, but I bet they would have kept me two nights anyway since my vomiting wasn't under control until late Wednesday night. I *think* her name was Patricia. I was so out of it, I'm not sure. She was a perfectly capable nurse, but we didn't exactly click. I got the feeling that I was annoying her because I wasn't walking enough. She would tell me she wanted to see me walking and then immediately leave the room without unhooking my leg things or unplugging my IV. I was like "so how am I supposed to walk if I can't undo anything myself?" (my husband was with our baby, so I was by myself after that first night) I was so drugged on the anti nausea stuff that I would just go back to sleep after she left.

Yeah I see your point, I had my husband there to help me. But when he went home, I needed help getting out of bed so the nurse or aid would have to help me. It would seem if she wanted you o walk, she should help you.

I had my egd today and called Dr. Nick's office to schedule my next appt. they can't get me in until the 8th!! Last time I made an appointment they were able to get me in quickly. They said I can call to see if there are any cancellations. But everything else has been moving so quickly I hate now having a 2 week wait. I know it's just an appointment to set surgery date. I know the date I want. Any suggestions? Think I could email to get a date set up?

I don't know why you have to go in for that, I wondered too. They phoned to say I was approved. I went in made the appt. Nothing in between except paying an office call and being handed a packet with pre-op instructions. It really should be able to be made over the phone. As far as nowing what date you want, that may and may not work for you. I think he does surgeries on certain days of the weeks only. I wanted a Friday but he doesn't operate on Fridays, I got a Tuesday. I hope your chosen day jives with his schedule.

I should have said I know the week I want to have surgery. It's completely flexible but I'm trying to have it the week before school starts back up so I don't have to try to coordinate kids getting to school. It doesn't really matter which day.

Have you called and asked if you can do it over the phone? Maybe you can. At least explain the week you want and why and maybe they can assure you get in.

I should have said I know the week I want to have surgery. It's completely flexible but I'm trying to have it the week before school starts back up so I don't have to try to coordinate kids getting to school. It doesn't really matter which day.

Good luck! I hope they get you in. My dad was told they were already getting booked for August 20th and so it would have to be after.

It moves fast. He has a lot of patients and all are moving through the process as fast as they can. My anticipated date went from June to July in 8 days.

I think I'm just going to let it be and not rush it. I'll call next week and see if there are any cancelations for next Thursday. I may push the dates I want to the end of September...after two of my sons birthdays and my husbands birthday. If my oldest has to miss a day of school or two in order to have child care taken care of then so be it.

I witnessed what's like to be the last patient today at Victory. Lol I felt like I waited forever for the egd today after checking in. Victory is nice. Very small but the nurses I had were nice. It seemed a little disorganized. I still like forest park better.

I didn't see any disorganization there. I had an early surgery. Even though i was number 8 I was finished and settled in my room by 10am. I've never been to Forest Park but I've heard good things about it. Good luck

wherever you go.

I checked in at 7:45 and didn't have the egd until 10:30. The nurse that did my IV put it on the underneath side of my forearm. It hurt everytime I just rested my arm because it put pressure on it. Then the nurse that took it out couldn't get it out. she literally pulled on it until the tubing disconnected from the part in my vein and then had to pull the part in my arm out. Lol my arm is bruised and rock hard where the iv was. Certainly not huge issues and I'm still planning on having surgery there.

I checked in at 7:45 and didn't have the egd until 10:30. The nurse that did my IV put it on the underneath side of my forearm. It hurt everytime I just rested my arm because it put pressure on it. Then the nurse that took it out couldn't get it out. she literally pulled on it until the tubing disconnected from the part in my vein and then had to pull the part in my arm out. Lol my arm is bruised and rock hard where the iv was. Certainly not huge issues and I'm still planning on having surgery there.

Remember that if you plan to file a hiatal hernia on insurance I believe you have to go to victory. I may be wrong. I loved it there.

Remember that if you plan to file a hiatal hernia on insurance I believe you have to go to victory. I may be wrong. I loved it there.

Yep! That's why I'm having surgery there. I wasn't unhappy with my experience there this morning, I've just had better at other hospitals.

I will say this. The nurses at Victory Plano are the worst i have ever encountered for starting IVs and doing blood draws. There is no contest. I am a tough draw and i expect problems. Not like the ones i had at Victory though. To start the IV took 3 nurses and 30 minutes at least. They started off by trying to do it in bizarre places. As you say, in the underside of your arm. Before i went into surgery i had at least 10 bad attempts and bruises already forming. After surgery they needed blood. 3 nurses tried. Eventually one actually pricked my arm and squeezed blood into the vile in a pumping motion. Not enough though because shortly thereafter they came back wanting more. The trickles in the first vile had dried up before getting to the lab. Thank God by that time the nurse that was supposed to try asked permission to call (?) from the lab because she could see i was impossible to do. The angel from the lab walked it, drew blood and left in 2 minutes tops. i tory seriously needs to either train their nurses in this or have the lab there ready to do it. 8 days later and my arms are still lack and blue. They gave me amazing care but boy, they gotta work on the lab draws big time

I will say this. The nurses at Victory Plano are the worst i have ever encountered for starting IVs and doing blood draws. There is no contest. I am a tough draw and i expect problems. Not like the ones i had at Victory though. To start the IV took 3 nurses and 30 minutes at least. They started off by trying to do it in bizarre places. As you say' date=' in the underside of your arm. Before i went into surgery i had at least 10 bad attempts and bruises already forming. After surgery they needed blood. 3 nurses tried. Eventually one actually pricked my arm and squeezed blood into the vile in a pumping motion. Not enough though because shortly thereafter they came back wanting more. The trickles in the first vile had dried up before getting to the lab. Thank God by that time the nurse that was supposed to try asked permission to call (?) from the lab because she could see i was impossible to do. The angel from the lab walked it, drew blood and left in 2 minutes tops. i tory seriously needs to either train their nurses in this or have the lab there ready to do it. 8 days later and my arms are still lack and blue. They gave me amazing care but boy, they gotta work on the lab draws big time[/quote']

Wow! I'm sorry that happened! They it me first time both times.