Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Nick Nicholson- Dallas, TX

Well, i am a hard stick but never that hard. They were very kind, knowledgable and caring. They just need to brush up on IV and blood draws or bring a good lab tech in a soon as they see they can't do it.

I would go back and recommend them to anyone for everything else.

Well' date=' i am a hard stick but never that hard. They were very kind, knowledgable and caring. They just need to brush up on IV and blood draws or bring a good lab tech in a soon as they see they can't do it.

I would go back and recommend them to anyone for everything else.[/quote']

I'm a hard stick too and it doesn't help that you are dehydrated when you go in. She actually got it the first time but it was in such an odd place. I'm going to ask them to do it in my hand next time. Where did you end up getting your IV? I'm normally very patient with the iv and even let a student try me for her first stick ever when I had back surgery. Poor girl was so nervous but this one was by far my worst, and I've had a lot of IVs.

How are you feeling 2x4NoMore? You are just over a week post op now, right?

I wound up getting it in the bend of my arm 3 inches below the elbow. The thing is I can go to the little lady that does blood draws for my PCP and she will get it on her first try everytime. If she can do it then it seems to me that its a matter of practice and technique and they need more of both.

I'm doing OK. I'm pretty sore from the left stitch in the muscle he does. That seems to get worse before it gets better, at least for me. I'm very tired a lot of the time. I'm still very glad i did it. The left pain thing will pass as soon as it pops in another 2 wek or so. The fatigue will pass in the next few weeks too as i continue to mend. I'm anxious to get on with a normal life.

Happy to hear your feeling ok. What is the left stitch that everyone talks about?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the thread and enjoyed reading... Dr. Nick gave me a sleeve on July 8 at Baylor Plano and egd at victory. (i can agree with what I have read about the iv sticks, I was a pin cushion) I have loved Dr. Nick and his staff and the experience. My first few days were a mess, so much nausea and vomiting! Doing well now, most pain is gone, I think my side stitch popped. Was moving around and felt something similary to cracking joints but in my side, and the excruciating pain is gone. I'm very ready to be off of the liquid diet. Very nice to meet others so close to me!

Let me just tell y'all, I'm 5 weeks out and my left incision is still bothering me. I have an appt 8/1 and ill be asking about it.

Let me just tell y'all' date=' I'm 5 weeks out and my left incision is still bothering me. I have an appt 8/1 and ill be asking about it.[/quote']

Does the pain come and go? Is it subsiding at least? Sorry you're going through that.

Does the pain come and go? Is it subsiding at least? Sorry you're going through that.

After the stitch popped on day 17 I was fine for a week. It's sore, feels likes a bruise. It started about a week ago. I think I overdid it. I can eat and drink fine.

After the stitch popped on day 17 I was fine for a week. It's sore' date=' feels likes a bruise. It started about a week ago. I think I overdid it. I can eat and drink fine.[/quote']

Aww, take it easy, get some rest, and I hope you feel better.

Happy to hear your feeling ok. What is the left stitch that everyone talks about?

With the large incision on the left ( the one he pulls the removed stomach through) he does a stitch. I think its to prevent a hernia. What he does is from the inside of the hole he stitches back and forth between the hole and the muscle in your side. The stitches are pulled very tight. Mine is tight enough that it is drawn in seveal inches into a several inch deep tight crease. The stitches are dissolvable and after 2-3 weeks they break lose from the muscle. You should feel a pop when it lets go. After that when your muscle and tissues are released and allowed to return to their normal position the pain goes away.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the thread and enjoyed reading... Dr. Nick gave me a sleeve on July 8 at Baylor Plano and egd at victory. (i can agree with what I have read about the iv sticks' date=' I was a pin cushion) I have loved Dr. Nick and his staff and the experience. My first few days were a mess, so much nausea and vomiting! Doing well now, most pain is gone, I think my side stitch popped. Was moving around and felt something similary to cracking joints but in my side, and the excruciating pain is gone. I'm very ready to be off of the liquid diet. Very nice to meet others so close to me![/quote']

Congrats! My stitch popped last weekend and life has been much easier since. We were probably floor mates since I had mine at Baylor Plano the same day.

Congrats! My stitch popped last weekend and life has been much easier since. We were probably floor mates since I had mine at Baylor Plano the same day.

Congrats, i have to say my stitch is the bane of my existence. It is e excruciating and getting worse daily. How many days out were you? Someone told me yesterday that Dr Nicholson said it might take 6 weeks. I cried!

Let me just tell y'all, I'm 5 weeks out and my left incision is still bothering me. I have an appt 8/1 and ill be asking about it.

I go to Dr. Nicholson's Plano office on 8/1 too for my 6 weeks check-up. I agree with everyone that the 2 week check-up was a waste of my time and gas money. I am writing down my questions as I think of them where I will be prepared to get every one of them answered before I leave. I also have that horrible pain in my left side but it was gone away. I never felt my stitch pop but I am assuming it did. I did fall of the porch about 2 weeks ago and fell hard on my right shoulder and hip and although I feel fine it really worries me that I did something to hurt my stitches or my stomach. My whole body was so sore from the fall for about a week and half and I had a huge bruise and knot in my shoulder. Probably needless, stupid worry but......

Congrats' date=' i have to say my stitch is the bane of my existence. It is e excruciating and getting worse daily. How many days out were you? Someone told me yesterday that Dr Nicholson said it might take 6 weeks. I cried![/quote']

I was a little over 2 weeks post op

Hey! Nice to meet ya, maybe we passed each other in the halls. Idk about you, but I am SO ready to eat food Monday! Really really tired of liquids.< /p>