Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm at my goal size!

I wonder if anyone who is criticizing knows anything about this op other than the amount of weight she wanted to lose. Perhaps she is a revision or had commorbidities or like all of us has tried everything else. When I began this process I was not that overweight either but it was continuing to go up not down and I was borderline prediabetic. I watched diabetes ravage my mil until it killed her and it is doing the same thing to my dad. I wasn't going to sit around and wait for that to happen to me. Double masectomies are not considered preventative medicine either.generally but Jolie just reduced her risk of breast cancer by 80%! Kudos to this op for taking control of her health and her life.

Very well said.....

Well' date=' sunmoonstars, peace out to you too man! Yeah cool space buddy, let's all float on the clouds where life is beautiful and pretend we are all movie stars. Or we could face reality and realize that this surgery is major and that people die having it.

Sometimes support is telling people that they don't need it! But, no, let's all just smoke what ever it is that you are and pretend that this is a miracle cure for everyone who has a couple of pounds to lose.[/quote']

All I can say is LOL to this....really doesn't even deserve a response....

All I can say is LOL to this....really doesn't even deserve a response....

Just wondering? When was your your surgery and how much do you have to lose?

I have had this surgery' date=' have you? And I knew it wouldn't be long before someone would quote Angelina Jolie, but that is a totally different situation and sad you couldn't be more intuitive.[/quote']

What is sad is that even post surgery you are still unhappy enough with yourself to spend your time coming on these forums just to act holier than thou and spew negativity. At over 500 posts you've been here awhile. Shouldn't you be out enjoying your new life? I actually have one and am not going to spend one more second of it here arguing with the likes of you.

Wow. I can understand a concern for others, but the OP already had the surgery and no one knows about her past medical history. Wow.

OP - Sounds like it's time to hit the gym and do some strength training. Also, have you ever looked in to skin brushing? It supposedly helps with skin cell regeneration.

What is sad is that even post surgery you are still unhappy enough with yourself to spend your time coming on these forums just to act holier than thou and spew negativity. At over 500 posts you've been here awhile. Shouldn't you be out enjoying your new life? I actually have one and am not going to spend one more second of it here arguing with the likes of you.

Unhappy with myself, no. Unhappy with this surgery, yes. As for my new life, well it consists of pain, not being able to eat, and what I do manage to eat comes up again. My body is covered in bruises because I am so anaemic that a slight bump bruises me. I regularly pass out because my blood pressure is so low, so I have had to give up driving. I could go on but why? No-one wants to hear from the likes of me who has seen the other side of this surgery. Everyone wants to pretend that all problems are solved when they are thin, but that isn't always the case.

Unhappy with myself' date=' no. Unhappy with this surgery, yes. As for my new life, well it consists of pain, not being able to eat, and what I do manage to eat comes up again. My body is covered in bruises because I am so anaemic that a slight bump bruises me. I regularly pass out because my blood pressure is so low, so I have had to give up driving. I could go on but why? No-one wants to hear from the likes of me who has seen the other side of this surgery. Everyone wants to pretend that all problems are solved when they are thin, but that isn't always the case.[/quote']

Her(OP) surgery is done can't be reversed and she is fine. If you can't say anything nice then nothing at all is a good option . Or do you think your criticism is somehow constructive for her?

This forum usually is very supportive...I love coming here because it is normally a pick me up. OP- some believe if you are not morbidly obese you don't deserve to have this surgery. So you get post like these. Because that attitude opens a big can of worms. This is a very serious surgery which I am sure you have realized because you have been through it. We don't know what your situation was. But you have most of our support. And at this point in your maintenance I agree...exercise with a strength training component would work. And if you can't get the results you are looking for plastics is always an option...great work so far and I am sure you will be a great success in your maintenance phase. Hope all the petty going back and forth doesn't scare you off because this really is an awesome supportive group.

33 lbs.?? You had surgery and all you needed to lose was 33 lbs.?? I can just about lose that going to toilet. You obviously didn't qualify for insurance so you must really be a spoilt brat! Maybe you should have spent your money on a gym membership.

Aussie do you know her health? It has nothing to do with insurance, a doctor won't operate on you unless you meet criteria. Just because that is her goal doesn't mean that's all she had to lose, maybe she had the Lapband and is getting it removed and wants this to maintain, Maybe she has underlying health issues, or maybe it is none of our business

33 lbs.?? You had surgery and all you needed to lose was 33 lbs.?? I can just about lose that going to toilet. You obviously didn't qualify for insurance so you must really be a spoilt brat! Maybe you should have spent your money on a gym membership.

Aussie do you know her health? It has nothing to do with insurance, a doctor won't operate on you unless you meet criteria. Just because that is her goal doesn't mean that's all she had to lose, maybe she had the Lapband and is getting it removed and wants this to maintain, Maybe she has underlying health issues, or maybe it is none of our business

Unhappy with myself' date=' no. Unhappy with this surgery, yes. As for my new life, well it consists of pain, not being able to eat, and what I do manage to eat comes up again. My body is covered in bruises because I am so anaemic that a slight bump bruises me. I regularly pass out because my blood pressure is so low, so I have had to give up driving. I could go on but why? No-one wants to hear from the likes of me who has seen the other side of this surgery. Everyone wants to pretend that all problems are solved when they are thin, but that isn't always the case.[/quote']

I am sorry for what you are going through. I am a revision and have had many problems with a lap band. Had you started your original reponse with a "glad you are doing well but I have this concern for others considering the surgery" perhaps people could hear you. The problem is with the harsh tone of your delivery and personal attack. It is hurtful and puts people on the defensive. Please just consider this so that you might continue to receive the support that you need as well. I wish you the best of luck.

Aussie do you know her health? It has nothing to do with insurance' date=' a doctor won't operate on you unless you meet criteria. Just because that is her goal doesn't mean that's all she had to lose, maybe she had the Lapband and is getting it removed and wants this to maintain, Maybe she has underlying health issues, or maybe it is none of our business[/quote']

Or maybe she is a spoiledbrat like her profile name says.

Or maybe she is a spoiledbrat like her profile name says.

Jezzzz......really?