Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Governor Christy had lapband surgery.

Maybe someday, he will join all of us!

HA HA my bad I meant to say 1st amendment not the 2nd I made a mistake my bad. I never ever want to bring guns on this site I am a bad girl! and I am ha ha (little enough to say it)

My guess is Christie choose band for the same reason most do - it's not permanent. I hope he is wildly successful with it, and if not, I hope he'll look into the sleeve and maybe stumble onto this site and get his questions answered. It would be so helpful to be able to tell people "yeah, I had that surgery that Christie had" and then they'd go " oh yeah, how cool" instead of "you did WHAT?" and "you went to Tijuana to have it done?" I would love to see someone famous touting an actual weight loss SOLUTION, instead of ripping people off selling WW, Atkins, Jenny Craig and the lot. I see those commercials now and I just want to scream "nooooo, save your money and get the sleeve!,,,"

I think most people go by their PCP's suggestion as the best surgery for them and his PCP probably isn't a Bariatric surgeon! I also agree that because it isn't a permanent change the lapband may sound right to him.

Today on the radio & TV I have heard the terms "easy way out" and "short cut" and those news people I have heard/seen so far almost all think he should have just worked harder at eating right and exercising. I have been VERY annoyed. I did like how Rev Al Sharpton who lost weight "the old fashioned way" as he calls it, supported him losing weight in any way that worked for him and offered his assistance at weightloss and maintenance. Not like I'm a Sharpton fan or anything but he was the only notable person I saw today make encouraging and not somewhat disparaging comments. Maybe I missed some favorable comments, I don't know but it disheartened me.

Good for him. And double kudos for him speaking about it publicly. It takes a lot of courage to have the surgery. Even more to speak about it as someone in the public eye.

I'm sure he weighed the pros and cons of each surgery and decided on what was the best personal decision for him. We are very biased about the sleeve. Same with people about the bypass and the band. If you go to the band talk forum, I'm sure you will read so many stories about people who are in love with the band.

I hope the band works for him. And if it unfortunately doesn't, I hope he looks at all his surgical options.

Jen Larsen wrote Stranger Here! Great book! I read it!! I even e mailed her a note thanking her for sharing her journey! It was funny yet serious and I recommend it to all of you. She even responded to my email thanking me for reading her book! Very cool!!!

And I say KUDOS GOV. CHRISTY!!! You rock that band Mr. Governor!! ! Just like we are rocking our sleeves!!!! I admire the man for speaking publicly about it as I tell everyone I had my sleeve done if they ask how I lost the weight!!! As a nurse I feel that it is important to spread info promoting good health and that there are so many roads to take for weight loss and what worked for me!! WE ARE AWESOME!!!!

I was just in the hospital getting my egd and the lady was trying to get her lap band removed and get the sleeve.....i hope it work for him but i do see so many ppl wanting to change and sometimes insurance won't cover a second or they just having so many problems that they need to have the band removed but i wish him the best of luck!!!

I wonder if there is a way that we, as an online community, can send Gov. Christy a supportive shout-out from all of us? I'm not a techie so I don't know....

I'm not a techie either but I like the idea.

He seemed so confident with his weight and I never thought it was an issue for him. In a recent interview he talked about a meeting with a Dr who liken WLS to surgery to remove a disease. Most don't look at obesity as a disease. They just see us as fat overeaters.

Good for him.

That's awesome I love kris christy. It was about time too. But unless he has the mindset for it..... I c him getting sleeved in the future.

My surgeon refuses to do the lap band on his patients. He says the only way he'll do it is if the person is too over weight. He do the lap band have them loose 100lbs and then do the sleeve or bypass.

And you know this how? please leave this man and his family alone this is his choice; not our's if it works fine and if it don't work it is him not your choice' date=' good lord we don't own this man just because he is a governor.his personal life has nothing to do with us.[/quote']

Honey relax. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Don't take it personal it wasn't about you.

Lol what respect ? He's a politician. Not someone here on the forum that we are brain washing and forcing to have the sleeve.

Btw.....has anyone read Al Roker's book? If so how was it and is it worth buying?

I did and its the reason I decided on getting the sleeve. It's like it was my life on those pages.