Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you get through 2 weeks pre op?!

I am in the pre-op stage and just got verbal approval. We are waiting on the written approval letter and then they will schedule my surgery date and pre-op appt. When/where do you get your pre-op diet? Do you meet with the Nut again at the pre-op apt and get it then? A little confused here.....

Every surgeon has a different diet leading up to surgery date and they vary quite a lot. Mine was 4 weeks (2 weeks clean eating, 1 weeks full fluids and 1 week clear fluids) I've since had surgery, so I'm on a clear post op diet now. I would ask your surgeon or WLS company for a specific pre-op diet plan (which is usually REQUIRED) in order to shrink your liver for surgery. Hope that helps.

Every surgeon has a different diet leading up to surgery date and they vary quite a lot. Mine was 4 weeks (2 weeks clean eating' date=' 1 weeks full fluids and 1 week clear fluids) I've since had surgery, so I'm on a clear post op diet now. I would ask your surgeon or WLS company for a specific pre-op diet plan (which is usually REQUIRED) in order to shrink your liver for surgery. Hope that helps.[/quote']

Thank you! They will probably give me that info when they get my approval letter then.

It gets better everyone... in fact, it gets FANTASTIC!

I just feel horrible on day 2. My nausea is so bad along with the cramping. I keep thinking 12 more days! But this is so much harder than I thought it would be. I don't feel like I'm hungry yet just the need to get sick is overwhelming.

I just feel horrible on day 2. My nausea is so bad along with the cramping. I keep thinking 12 more days! But this is so much harder than I thought it would be. I don't feel like I'm hungry yet just the need to get sick is overwhelming.

I felt HORRIBLE on day 2. I wanted to sleep non stop, had to have something for nausea several times. It was all uphill after that. Day 8 today, still sore in manipulation site but better everyday. I hope you feel better soon. ;)

I'm on day two, just working on my mental staying power. I have stayed in the house the entire weekend as there is nothing here to tempt me. I can have up to 5 shakes a day (bariatric advantage), unlimited broth, Water, sugar free Jello. I can also add yogurt and fruit to my smoothies. Clear Liquids the day before surgery. Technically I didn't have to start until Monday but I started Saturday, so that I could work out my issues before work. I'm sooo hungry, I'm dreaming and fantasizing about food.< /p>

I am ending day 1 of pre-op diet. I made it but not fun. Mine is only one week but I am limited to shakes and Water. No broth, no yogurt, no nothing extra.

Wow only a week. One month for me but I had yogurt..I didn't like plain..broth..protein shakes. Two weeks egg whites were added.. Ricotta cheese and cottage cheese but I didn't eat that.. I just added the whites to what I had already been on.. on the third they allowed me to have chicken and turkey up to 3 ounces 3 times a day can't be dry and low fat cheese..tuna..salmon.. a lot of meat except beef but I don't eat that anyways and pork. which I don't either

I'm on day two, just working on my mental staying power. I have stayed in the house the entire weekend as there is nothing here to tempt me. I can have up to 5 shakes a day (bariatric advantage), unlimited broth, Water, sugar free Jello. I can also add yogurt and fruit to my smoothies. Clear Liquids the day before surgery. Technically I didn't have to start until Monday but I started Saturday, so that I could work out my issues before work. I'm sooo hungry, I'm dreaming and fantasizing about food.< /p>

lol..it's helping me now to prepare food for others

I'm on day five of my two week diet. We have to buy most of our foods (very high Protein, low carb) from our surgeon, which I think is a racket, but he's the best in town so I'm not complaining. The food is pretty much terrible except for the Protein Bars and protein chips. Anyway, it adds up to about 800-900 calories per day. I actually started my diet a couple of days early to try to lose as much weight as possible.

Anyway, the first three days were absolutely horrible, not helped by the fact that we have to also stop caffeine, and I'm a total addict. I didn't really want to cheat, but I thought about food constantly, counting down to when I could eat my next meal, etc. I just generally felt physically miserable: starving, terrible headache, grouchy. I found that doing stuff that requires movement helps me a lot -- so I clean the house instead of watching tv, walk the dog instead of playing a game on my computer, etc.

I felt much better starting yesterday. Physically I feel great if a little hungry now and then. I can tell I'm losing weight (although I refuse to weigh myself until it's been a week) and that helps me keep going with this.

I'm on day 8 of my pre-op diet which is 5 shakes of Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement and 64oz of Water daily. S/F popcicles and Jello are also allowed.

I've lost 19 pounds! Wow!

Here's my personal truth. I haven't done a lot of feeling hungry in my lifetime. I'm not really used to it and the consequences are what's brought me here. I am surrendered to do what it takes to improve my quality of life.

What I keep saying to myself is, "I'm having most of my stomach removed! If I can't stick to the pre-op diet, how can I possibly expect that I would do it post op?! They can't put my stomach back if I don't follow the program! Now is the time to be sure about my decision."

This is an important time for all of us. It's defining.

I am going through a hospital-owned surgical weight loss program in Metro Atlanta. Maybe that's the difference. I was very carefully vetted for this procedure and am being very closely monitored during the pre-op phase.

If you are struggling, I wonder if a call to one of the surgeons team members might be a helpful next step. You are their patient, this is major surgery, and you deserve their A-Game!

I wish you peace during this important part of the process.

I kept thinking about surgery day and how awesome its gonna be that I'll never be fat again after that(as long as I follow the rules). I also kept telling my self that this is a phase and that I will be able to eat normal foods soon. It is sOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth It Im 5 months post and went through a difficult time and would go through it again and again knowing I will be were I am today 92 pounds lighter :) Stay strong time passes quickly you can do this :)