Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This should be fun for the whole family!

My two week pre-op diet starts today and marks the beginning of my period, too.

My diet isn't nearly as bad as some that I've read on here. That said, I am so thankful I started a modification of this two weeks ago to ease my fat ass into healthier eating and smaller portions.

Breakfast: One shake.

Lunch: One shake and one small piece of fruit.< /span>

Snack: 6-8oz non fat greek yogurt or 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese.

Dinner: 4oz lean meat and unlimited non-starchy veggies.

Snack: 1/2 cup veggies.

I can have unlimited veggies all day as well as needed.

I did make one great discovery this morning. Our NUT said not to knock ourselves our looking for the perfect Protein powder. She recommends dried non fat milk. She did say that my favorite Protein Shake, EAS Carb Advantage does NOT meat the dietery requirements as they are too low in carbs and calories, but with the addition of nonfat dried milk, they are perfect.

Mixed one in a blender with 1 cup of crushed ice and 1/3 cup of the powdered milk and the stats are: 190 cal/ 16 carbs/ 3 fat/ 25 Protein. Rich, creamy and much more like an ice cream shake. Next to start adding SF coffee syrups to add variety.

What a barrel of fun I am! From mixing cocktails that would make your pants fall off in the sorority house to mixing Protein drinks in my own home to make the pounds fall of. HA!! I'm officially old.

wow....your pre-op diet would be nice...I dont start mine for 2 more weeks..but for me we have 5 days of CLEAR liquid diet. not much on that list of things we can have for 5 days...LOL..but it will be sooo worth it when it is all said and done

My two week pre-op diet starts today and marks the beginning of my period, too.

My diet isn't nearly as bad as some that I've read on here. That said, I am so thankful I started a modification of this two weeks ago to ease my fat ass into healthier eating and smaller portions.

Breakfast: One shake.

Lunch: One shake and one small piece of fruit.< /span>

Snack: 6-8oz non fat greek yogurt or 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese.

Dinner: 4oz lean meat and unlimited non-starchy veggies.

Snack: 1/2 cup veggies.

I can have unlimited veggies all day as well as needed.

I did make one great discovery this morning. Our NUT said not to knock ourselves our looking for the perfect Protein powder. She recommends dried non fat milk. She did say that my favorite Protein Shake, EAS Carb Advantage does NOT meat the dietery requirements as they are too low in carbs and calories, but with the addition of nonfat dried milk, they are perfect.

Mixed one in a blender with 1 cup of crushed ice and 1/3 cup of the powdered milk and the stats are: 190 cal/ 16 carbs/ 3 fat/ 25 Protein. Rich, creamy and much more like an ice cream shake. Next to start adding SF coffee syrups to add variety.

What a barrel of fun I am! From mixing cocktails that would make your pants fall off in the sorority house to mixing protein drinks in my own home to make the pounds fall of. HA!! I'm officially old.

First of all, Congrats on starting your pre-op! That means in two short weeks you will be on the losers bench! That is fantastic!

Second, starting your period the same day as your pre-op, look at this this way, you're going to be a b***h anyway so may as well kill two birds with one stone instead of having to be a b***h with your period and then again with the pre-op. Just put on some lipstick (get it? Lipstick Lady?) so they can tell the difference between you and a pitbull! :P In addition, better to have it now rather than during surgery and early recovery for a million reasons! I mean, can you imagine, honey, I can't reach this, can you help me with this tampon??? :ph34r:

Have you tried the premier Protein shakes from Sam's or costco? They are wonderful and 160 calories, 30 grams of protein and only 5 carbs, plus they have fiber! They are yummy!

For a morning shake, dump some coffee in it and you have a mocha, not quite Starbucks but not bad either!

You are so gonna rock your sleeve, you have such a great attitude and wonderful sense of humor, that will go a long way!

Oh, and BTW: you are not old! Old is what I did yesterday. I got my labs back and my cholesterol, triglycerides and all the results were down an amazing amount and I was tooting my horn on our family Facebook page! And I'm the youngest of all my siblings and dozens of cousins! Made me feel old, but it really made them feel older! :P

I'm still besties with many of my sorority sisters (and yes, it was 18 years ago that we graduated). We have a private FB group and we've noticed the shift of talk from drinking and dating and hangovers to recipes, husbands and report cards. UGH.

I have tried Premier and I like them, too. They are still too low in carbs for my NUT to approve, but the higher calorie count works. I am saving those until after surgery when I need more calorie per sip.

Love the coffee idea! I made one the other day with coconut and almond sf Syrup, and it resembled a mocha coconut frap from Starbucks. YUM! It did need the coffee flavor for sure. :)

wow....your pre-op diet would be nice...I dont start mine for 2 more weeks..but for me we have 5 days of CLEAR liquid diet. not much on that list of things we can have for 5 days...LOL..but it will be sooo worth it when it is all said and done

That WOULD be hard. I feel for you. That said, you can do anything for 5 days. Just tell yourself that everytime you inhale/exhale and sleep your way through it as much as possible.

Hugs to you!!