Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved tuesday home last night

Hi guys. Surgery went great. Was supposed to b in the hospital 2 nights but was doing great so the let me come home last night. I have to stay on a liquid diet for 2 more weeks. Not a problem as I'm so thirsty. The told me the biggest challenge will b getting enough fluids so that's what I'm concentrating on. Stomach is making nasty noises. Probably from gas and bad heartburn. All in all I'm doing good but worried about getting enough fluids. Ill keep checking in to let u know of my progress.

Congrats on a successful surgery!

My surgery was on Tuesday and I came home yesterday afternoon, as well. Overall I am doing well, but woke up at 3 with serious gas and tummy pains. At first it was hard to remember not to chug the pain meds when needed, but my new tummy reminded me very quickly. Pain meds are kicking in, but I think I'm going to sit on the couch and try to sleep for a while instead of laying back down flat in the bed, I hope that will help with the gas!

Se here. Remembering to drink slow is the hardest part. I have a tablespoon for the meds a drink very slow. The gas pains are kicking in today. They really feel like hunger pains but I'm not hungry.

I know what you mean. My tummy is growling like I'm hungry. I am hopeful that means I can take in more liquids today!

Do u have a lot of pressure. Reflux type?

No pressure, but quite a bit of gas- That I am releasing every way I can! LOL. Gas x strips have been a life saver!

Lol. U go girl. I just have pressure and rumblings. Wonder if that's the gas and I should get strips

Sounds like it might help! The first burps and toots were utter relief!!!

I hear ya. Only on my second bottle if Water and supposed to drink 5. How are u doing? Are u on full liquids for 2 weeks?

I am also on liquids for 2 weeks and haven't gotten in nearly what I needed to today. I was supposed to try to drink around 6 oz each hour, but went on a little excursion with my daughter and missed quite a bit of that. My plan calls for 64 oz of liquids a day. I might hit about half that today, but will work on it again tomorrow.

I am also on liquids for 2 weeks and haven't gotten in nearly what I needed to today. I was supposed to try to drink around 6 oz each hour' date=' but went on a little excursion with my daughter and missed quite a bit of that. My plan calls for 64 oz of liquids a day. I might hit about half that today, but will work on it again tomorrow.[/quote']

Are you drinking any Protein?

I am trying to get in Protein, but was not very successful yesterday. I am making more of an effort to do so today and am measuring and tracking to ensure I do better with all liquids.

I was able to drink 1/2 Atkins shake but it kind of bothered me for about an hour. Doing better with liquids too. On my forth bottle if Water. My goal is 5 before midnight and then it starts all over. Lol

You are doing better than me, but each day seems a little better!!