Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My confession. I fell of the wagon

Thank you everybody. It does feel better to come clean. And to know so many people have my back.

If you want to have a fellow addict of all things food to check in with, I'm here.

Just wanted to put that out there..

do not want to admit this. I had a relapse.

O.T.R.

hey guy

"confession" - good for the soul??? I think so

i know you knew you had to stop the overeating and all - but if it was so easy to do that , none of us would be here

i think a slip like you had is inevidable for all/most of us sleevers

we're like those "recovered" alcoholics - that always must say "i am an alcoholic", regardless if their better - they will always for considered an alcoholic

well..........I'm a food addict - don't know if i feel better admitting that - but what i said it the truth

if you/us don't admit we have a problem - how can we "fix" it?????

i know/think it helps to speak about what you/me/us "did"

you feel more accountable - you might not feel better immediately about admitting your goof , but it does help me

for me its like getting a weight off my shoulder fessing up - even if its only "me" giving myself a good talking to :mellow:

when i "put it out there" its like i am making it official to myself/or you guys

i now have told the world - so i go ahead and get back on that wagon

if i don't get back to my new normal ways, i'm always afraid that one of you guys will kick me in the a sssss if i fall again ;)

I won't mention any names - this is just between laura-ven and myself!!!!oooops :lol:

course a good kick in the butttt is never a bad thing :lol:

you just gotta look harder now to find my buttttt :lol:

don't be too hard on yourself - you don't deserve to beat yourself up anymore

we'll talk next month at the "whats best" meeting!!!! ;)

i'm bringing an extra lrge Water bottle with your name on it!!! :)

take care

you are back on the road of success with your best friend and mine - The Amazing Sleeve :)

I am happy you felt comfortable enough on the forum to be so open and honest. We are all here for you.

Thank you for being this honest. As someone just starting out, I appreciate the honesty and the reality check.

Don't feel bad OTR!! We're only human and messing up is part of life! I think it's good you reaching out for support! The great thing about the sleeve is you can mess up and still get back on track. You know what to do, get back to the basics! You can do it! I know you can! You did it before! :)

Well I fell off the wagon rolled down the hill and got hit by the train lol. My daughter brought home a large jar of nutella and wouldnt ya know that is my biggest weakness. Lol. I ended uo eating about a quater of the jar and I feel sick. I think the devil made nutella it is so sinful and delicious!!!! Someone give me some strenght to throw the rest away, before my spoon jumps in the jar again.

I'm new to this forum I am 6 months Post Op there are things I struggle with but it's great to have a support system when you fall. OTR it's great that you have so many great people to depend on when you need help. Thanks for sharing your story of struggle and I pray that you have the strength to overcome all obstacles in the future.

Chin up OTR your knowledge and advice on this site is priceless and has helped me numerous times. You took a big step in acknowledging what you have been doing wrong and I have full faith in you that you can and will correct any slight misstep you may have taken. Best of luck to you man!!

Leanne71 don't just trash it, pour detergent over it so it is absolutely non edible!! I have to keep myself away from sweets and things like that or ill ruin everything I've been working towards. Being a single guy helps because I choose what is in my fridge and cabinets so I am sure it is even tougher having a family whose food choices might not fit with your goals but you can do this!!

Are we the same person? The past few weeks have been rough for me. I was burning out of this forum about 2 months ago and my aggression as starting to show and so I took a break. The thing is - this forum is so good for me in terms of keeping me focused, I just need to find that balance so I'm not tearing out my hair and unleashing hellfire, and then not being totally MIA as well. While I was away I slowly backslid a little bit. Not to any crazy extent because at 106 days post op, I'm still extremely limited, but I can say that I wasn't giving it my all either.

I'm glad you decided to real it in. Sometimes this is why I cringe when people say "throw out the scale" because some of us, especially food addicts, need that wake up call that the numbers on the scale provide. I don't know about you but I don't necessarily notice 5 or 7 pounds in my clothes, but that's enough to make my jaw drop to the floor if I see it on the scale.

I started tracking food on MyFitnessPal again, that seems to be helping more than anything. I didn't gain any weight but I only lost 7 this previous month and I feel like at this stage in the game I should have easily doubled that.

Thank you for your honesty! I find it's harder for me to slip up when I have people that I'm accountable to. My husband really helps with this for me.

OTR You haven given me tons of the best nutrition advise. You taught me about the differences in Proteins and so much more. I am 4 mo out now and 53 lbs down since surgery (73 total). I have fallen down and picked myself up as you did. I am so happy you told us what is going on because it teaches us to be honest and human. No one who needed this surgery can change instantly and you've done fantastic. your right I am the same type of person and I needed your advise today.I will also think of good and necessary and acceptable choices and clean my diet up. I accept the falls and so getting back on track is not a shameful thing but a natural thing that everyone struggles with. I know your going to be fine. Thanks for sharing.

I'm right there with you, buddy.

But you stopped it at 8 pounds!! Good for you for getting back on track!

One of the things that I learned in Weight Watchers (not sure which of the 12 years it was..) is that in order to keep these things from happening, we should PLAN to have Cookies, cakes, pies, candy...whatever it is that we love. Planning for it means that we work it into our calorie intake and work around it. Maybe work out a little more during that week or whatever. I know that when I was doing it, I would plan for a Butterfinger. I had one twice a month or so. I didn't ever want to feel deprived, but knew that if I did it more often I would be courting trouble.

Depending on how things are with you, that may or may not work. But the idea of NEVER having anything sweet scares me.