Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

**** warning stomach pic included***

Pre op, I did research for few months , went to 2 seminar state side and found out my insurance would not pay for gastric sleeve. They claimed it was experimental but they would cover RNY/DS/Banding. I said thanks but no thanks and looked to Mexico.

Came across Dr Ilian and his coordinator Omar ( thanks GAmom ). I called Omar sent him my healthy questionnaire and traded question about time line ,payment etc. Scheduled same day surgery for a month out to allow delivery of my first baby. Got my cashier check $4000, no deposit required, round trip plane ticket delta ATL to San Diego 269... such a steal

Wednesday April 10th, grabbed my back pack hop on the plane (4.5 hr) Got to San deigo ( 10.30 am) and was picked up by beautiful Aracely. took about 20 min to get to Oasis/florence hospital. Checked in and was usher in a beautiful room with huge glass wall. I was still trying to enjoy the scenery and I heard behind " please sir change into this hospital gown you need to go to xray" another nurse came simultaneously said " blood draw for the lab" I kinda panicked I was not expecting it to go so fast but too late to back out. Spent the 30 mins doing x ray cardiologist , weight in and blood draw. IV drip was not good all, I have small veins and pre op dehydration made it worse ,I had 3 nurse try and insert the drip no luck after over 1 hr the anesthesiologist herself finally made the insert. Dr illian came into the room I spoke to him and I was so comfortable he explained the details of the surgery ( I opted to preemptive remove my gallbladder? and introduced me to his team. I was wheeled into the OR about 2.15 and I remember saying please make sure I woke up...pufff

I remember waking up with some gas pain and fell in and out of sleep till the next morning, my body was trying to catch up from 2 weeks of sleep deprivation with a screaming newborn. Some anxious hours for wife back home when could not talk to me immediately after surgery. Spent the next day walking the halls with other patients . checked out from the hospital on friday and immediately went to Angeles hospital for the contrast leak test ( passed ,I had 4 in total , one gas , 2 blue dye and contrast ) then next to the nutritiologist, got some chicken broth and checked in at Lucerna Hotel . I opted to spend only one night at the hotel so that I could go be with wifey and baby . I had some gas pains for about 3 day, zero pain and enough meds if I need it. The trip back across the border took about 30 mins thanks to the driver having medical pass. I saw dr Ilian twice before leaving the hospital and again at the hotel. he is the nicest dr I have ever met. If money was not an issue I would still go back to TJ for the surgery . I believed I received better care and skill with dr Illian and his staff best $4000 ever spent. I am 2 weeks out and down 24 lbs. So happy i did this .

post-53530-13813664938938_thumb.jpg

So glad everything went well! And lol I remember those sleepless nights with a newborn very well! Enjoy them tho kids grow up so fast!

Congrats on surgery and on baby! Good luck with everything.

That is one super cool picture (I'm in the med field).

That is one super cool picture (I'm in the med field).

Cool pic! I thought about asking for one too lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches