Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello every1 my name is Marisa and I had my surgery on April 9th. Tomorrow will be 7 days post-op. I did great with my surgery minimal pain. My problem is the Protein Shakes. I HATE them!!! I've tried several different ones and I hate them all. I'm lactose intolerant so the milky consistency is not helping. I'm drinking the lite Muscle Milk that doesn't contain any milk but even though that 1 is the best one Ive tried. I still hate it. I can't wait to eat tuna. Any suggestions am I the only one that has this issue?

I am pre-op but I have been writing down other people's recommendations...here are ones that get a lot of good ratings

unjury chocolate (mix with PB powder)

Syntrax Nectar shakes

Matrix (mint cookie flavor)

Premier Protein chocolate flavor

I was sleeved on the 8th. I honestly think I am the only one who actually still likes Protein Shakes. I'm having no issues with taste at all. I use Body Fortress from Walmart, vanilla and chocolate/Peanut Butter. I don't have a lot of money and can't afford to buy the expensive brands everyone mentions on here.

My issue now is that I am worried I am not losing like others have. I know I can't compare my weight loss to others, and I may be a slow loser. But I can't help it. What have you lost so far, or do you know?

I was sleeved on the 8th. I honestly think I am the only one who actually still likes Protein Shakes. I'm having no issues with taste at all. I use Body Fortress from Walmart' date=' vanilla and chocolate/Peanut Butter. I don't have a lot of money and can't afford to buy the expensive brands everyone mentions on here.

My issue now is that I am worried I am not losing like others have. I know I can't compare my weight loss to others, and I may be a slow loser. But I can't help it. What have you lost so far, or do you know?[/quote']

Katieokiedokie, I'm not sure what I've lost yet. I go for my 1st appt on tomorrow. Wednesday. I can see some body changes already. I will let u no 2 morrow. Honestly, I had to eat baby good. I'm a very picky eater. The liquid diet didn't work for me. I hate broth. I think u have to just take it easy and relax. Your weight loss will come. You're only a few days. It will come. Don't get discouraged. We're in this journey 2 gether.

Re Protein Drinks - I hated them too. Then I tried cold Decaf coffee with a scoop of unflavored Protein and the usual 1/2 and 1/2 and equal. Blend with ice. Perfect iced coffee, no icky protein taste. :)

Syntrax Nectar fruit flavored shakes were my savior - I just finished my last day of liquids yesterday. I couldn't take the thick, milky ones either. I mixed them with 16 oz of Water and some ice. I ordered them from BJs Bariatrics - you can choose your own sample pack and they ship quickly. Hope this helps.

http://www.bjsbariatrics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=bjb&Product_Code=synSamplePack&Category_Code=syn

I also craved tuna! As soon as I could have some, ate it for Breakfast and lunch! Made it with the seasoned tuna that comes in a pouch, with mayo and the bloomin onion sauce from miracle whip. Put some in my ramekin topped with cheese and warmed in the oven. yum.

EAS dark chocolate in the blender with a little ice and Peanut Butter powder is pretty good.

I love dark chocolate...never heard of this EAS brand before...where do you buy it? it is a powder?

I love dark chocolate...never heard of this EAS brand before...where do you buy it? it is a powder?

I've bought EAS at costco. I'm a chocoholic, but actually like the Premier Protein vanilla better than the chocolate (also at Costco). You can add sugar free Torani syrups to them to adjust the flavor, too. 160 calories, 40g Protein and less than 1g of sugar.

I found that the Isopure fruit flavored Protein Drinks were pretty good. The flavors of Icy Orange and Grape are pretty good but some of them are awful. I try to mix it up because chocolate and vanilla get pretty boring fast. The brands really make a difference for me so shop around. I tried a few before I found the ones I liked the best and everyone is different. Good luck.

EAS is found most anywhere. Kroger, Albertsons, costco etc. Its pretty good but I won't drink it unless its mixed with something in the blender. I haven't tried the Premiere shakes but everyone says they are really good.