Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 1 year surgery anniversary is today!

Congratulations on a job well done!!!

Ooh wow! Congrats you look fab! You are such an inspiration..

Wishing you all the very best!

Sent from my S Galaxy using VST

Wow it's a brand new you! Great job!

IS there a program u followed or certain foods u ate?

I am going to post this at the end of the thread!

What is your workout plan?? And meal plan??

Will post at the end if the thread! ????

Alright here is my secret to success! Exercise, follow the meal plan, stay away from breads and sweets as much as I can because my body loves to hold into carbs, and I treat the sleeve with the respect it deserves because it is giving me back my life. Everyone is different on how we process nutrients so here's what helps me stay fit and healthy. Your dr may have different recommendations, so find what works for you! My dr recommended 50-60grams of Protein a day. I normally stick to that. Sometimes, I will go into the 70-80 g per day range and if it is seafood, I can easily hit 100g per day. I do chose chicken and fish most days only because with pork and beef, I have a harder time getting in what I need before I feel full. Nothing is fried ..I prefer roasted, baked, broiled, or grilled meats...reason why is I slime and then promptly vomit when I eat fried meats...or it takes my hours to eat small bites here and there and to me...that's just too much work and not worth the effort. I eat fruit and veggies everyday...without fail. Now I will indulgent in an occasional piece of chocolate, cake, bread, ect. But I find when I do, I 1) don't feel as well, 2) can't eat healthier foods because all that other stuff took up my space. Honestly, eating healthier has become such a habit that I actually will crave those foods and I don't miss too many of the old foods. I still drink a Protein shake daily to help with Protein intake, but I now mainly get my protein from foods. Now realize I am a year out and Protein shakes where the way I got my protein in for a long time. I also had lactose intolerance immediately after surgery so any milk or dairy was off the radar for 6 months. I lived on Soy milk and unjury Protein powder. Eventually my tiny tummy decided to start making lactase again so now I enjoy EAS Carb Advantage shakes, milk, cheese without worry of horrible diarrhea. So for those of you wondering when the diarrhea will stop...check to make sure you aren't lactose intolerant. And now...constipation is on board...so that's a whole other discussion.

Now onto exercise. I had a trainer in the beginning and it helped, but you don't need a fancy gym to become physically active. Walking is one of the best forms of exercise to do in the beginning. I walked but my favorite was yoga. I found a peace with yoga and my trainer informed me that yoga only burns 10% less than aerobics. And then proceeded to ask me do you ever see a yoga instructor that isn't fit? So, for the first 6 months...I strictly did yoga with the occasional treadmill and weight routine. Rodney Yee was my best friend and still is. Then once I got enough weight off to be able to run, I started the couch to 5 K app but due to incorrect form( thanks to a very special bud on here for correcting my form..you know who you are..many thanks to you!!) I injured my hip..so I am getting ready to start that back now that I have healed. So in the mean time, I got into Leslie Sansone's Walk Fit...love it. I exercise 5 days a week religiously...it's important for the success of your sleeve. Yes I have hanging skin...but I'd rather have sagging skin and less hair than diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. And I can always get plastic surgery.

Now onto fluids, I drink the majority of my fluids as Water. I do indulge in a glass of sweet tea here and there. I do not partake in carbonated drinks or artificial sweeteners. It's not that I have anything against these..it's just my preference. I do get some artificial sweetener in my Protein Shake ...so like I said I am not against it...it's just a personal preference. I also do not partake in alcohol. Again...I not opposed to alcohol, I just prefer not to drink it. I drank maybe 4 cocktails a year prior to surgery so for me that wasn't much of a stretch to stop. I could take it or leave it. Same thing with carbonated beverages. I grew up with tea and Water ...soda was a treat ..so that wasn't a stretch. Now I will mention one more thing before I end this...I drink from a straw. I get more fluids in. I asked my Dr and Nutritionist what the scientific basis of not using a straw was and they said there isn't any...it's just a recommendation. Ask your provider for studies showing that straws are detrimental to the sleeve...it's not there. So, if you get less air from a straw..I say use it. I gulp too much air without it. If you have anymore questions...please feel free to contact me! I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability, but remember your surgery team is your best bet! Good luck everyone! You can do it!

You look fantastic! And I bet you feel great too! What an amazing transformation, you should be so proud of this huge accomplishment! Definitely an inspiration to us all! Thank you for taking such great pics along the way and sharing with us! Love your faithful companion too, makes me miss my kitties! Cheers to you and your continued success!

You look great. I hope I have good results. Thanks for sharing what you have done.

I have a feeling I will be referring back to your post many times throughout my journey!! Thanks for sharing so much information with us!!! Congratulations! You look awesome!!!

Great work!!! And love the cat!!!

So hello VST peeps! Today is the day! I can honestly say the sleeve gave me my life back. It's been a heck of a journey. I am not at my ultimate goal of 200# down' date=' but so far I have lost 145#...so just a few more steps and I will get there. I also encourage everyone to take measurements from beginning to end because I am happy to report I have lost a total of 48.5 inches from all over my body...wild huh? I wanted to share a pictorial journey with you . So here we go!

Me 12 hours before surgery

Me 6 months post op

Me at 9 months out

And me today right before my workout

So that's my story ..it's still a work in progress but with hard work, dedication, and diligence, it's becoming, finally, a reality!

[/quote']

What a huge accomplishment, I hope I can be successful as you....TRUELY a inspiration!