Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC - December chat

hey guys, sorry I havent been posting much lately but it's been crazy because of the holidays. I have a question though, how much weight does everyone seem to fluctuate in a week? I am weighing in everyday and I seem to be playing with 2 or 3 lbs all week. I want to see it only move in one direction!! I guess I'm just inpatient lol.... Good luck to everyone over the holiday, eat just your favorite special holiday foods and savor the few bites you get of them lol. I know I am definately using my small space for some of my moms sweet potatoes and my aunts stuffing yumm. I dont miss not being able to eat a lot until I sit down to a holiday meal and there are sooo many good things on the table that even if I had two bites of each one I know I'd be over doing it. But I guess thats the price I am willing to pay to get the weight off and what a small price it is for being able to say proudly that I've lost 54 lbs or to be able to go shopping in a normal store or to look in the mirror and like what I see, who needs christmas dinner lol :P

:P:lol:

I went to my doctors check up yesterday and I've lost 8 pounds in the past month so he didn't want to do another adjustment. I'm feeling pretty good!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Thank you! My husband talked me into not weighing myself everyday anymore. It's driving him nuts. hahaha. I think I'll wait every two weeks or so. How often do you weigh yourself?

I weigh myself twice a day. I am bit of an addict. Well, twice a day religiously and then any other time I happen to pass by the scale! It's bad!

weight.png

Hubby told on me in front of the doctor:( hahaha

He says "why do you weigh that much? You'll be happier with results if you do it a little less then every day!"

I do it every day too. It's an addiction! I really have to at least go to every other day. It really stresses you out when you see the scale go up a bit.

Hello everyone! It looks like we are all doing excellent!!! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My company was sold back in September and I have been working 15-18 hour days pretty much everyday since then.

Life with the band has definately been interesting to say the least. My first fill in October didn't do anything for me except make me understand what the "stuck" feeling was. Then I had my November fill (6cc total in a 10cc VG band). What a differance. I was barely able drink 8oz of Water and eat a jar of baby food a day for two and a half weeks (this was over Thanksgiving). I went to see my surgeon and he said that he thought it was stress and a long swelling time from the fill, but offered to take some out if I wanted. Well I chose to keep my fill and I am glad I did. Since that fill I have lost 14 pounds!!! YEAH!!!

I am ready for the holidays. I find I am eating more junk food (chocolates, Cookies, fudges, etc.) during the day, but still losing weight. I am keeping under 1000 calories a day and 60g of Protein as instructed by my surgeon.

Life is going pretty good. Having some depression from the holidays, but not from missing food. I actually kind of HATE to eat anymore 'cuz I never know what 'Bandella' (we call her 'Ella' for short) is going to do that meal. Oh well, it will always be a guessing game I guess, but I wouldn't change a thing about getting the band.

If I don't "talk" to you before the holidays, please have a very Merry Christmas and safe and Happy New Year.

Love ya all,

Steph

I usually weigh in twice a day, but I am so sensitive to my body I can tell if I have gained or lost a pound.

I hope all the ABCers had a successful holiday. I am glad this one is over. Even though my daughter was born on Christmas (21 today), I find this day extremely stressful and depressing. Every year, I try to make it less so but I'm still ready for the 26th.

This is my first Christmas with the band. I was a little worried because our family does a morning brunch and I typically can't eat solids until afternoon. My parents and kids still don't know I have the band so I was drinking tons of coffee in hopes of relaxing the band. It worked! I was able to eat a biscuit and hash brown casserole without incident.

I almost told my family today but decided against it. When I walked in, my mom was talking about the lap band. Apparently, she had read an article in our local paper about a teenager having the surgery. Of course, this would have been a perfect segway, but I really couldn't tell what her opinion of the procedure was from her tone. So, I let it drop.

But, during the meal, Mom brought it up again and I asked what she thought of the article. She said, "It should only be a last resort." Well, at least I knew where she stood. I doubt she would have thought I need to resort to that since I've only been struggling for 20 years and didn't weigh 300+ pounds as the girl in the story. No, 85 extra pounds wouldn't have been enough. Diet and exercise was all I would need. Blah, blah. Sigh.

I really wanted shout out I had the band but just couldn't. My teenage boys thought it was dumb and wondered why people get fat in the first place. I felt my face get flush but no one noticed. Maybe someday I will share my secret. Maybe not. So far, my kids or parents haven't even noticed my weight loss of 29 pounds. But, I can!

Merry Christmas to me.

PatU

I had heard some of this too, but the minute I revealed the secret everyone was excited for me and wanted to know all about the procedure and what I could and couldn't eat. It was almost as if they all breathed a sigh of relief that I had started on a new path.

I felt great this year. I am down about 35 pounds and am currently stuck at 194-195. I can't seem to get below that so it is time for another fill. Everyone is seeing the difference and I can see it too. Now I just have to get the other half of it off. Good luck in the new year to all the August bandsters!!!

I hope all the ABCers had a successful holiday. I am glad this one is over. Even though my daughter was born on Christmas (21 today), I find this day extremely stressful and depressing. Every year, I try to make it less so but I'm still ready for the 26th.

This is my first Christmas with the band. I was a little worried because our family does a morning brunch and I typically can't eat solids until afternoon. My parents and kids still don't know I have the band so I was drinking tons of coffee in hopes of relaxing the band. It worked! I was able to eat a biscuit and hash brown casserole without incident.

I almost told my family today but decided against it. When I walked in, my mom was talking about the lap band. Apparently, she had read an article in our local paper about a teenager having the surgery. Of course, this would have been a perfect segway, but I really couldn't tell what her opinion of the procedure was from her tone. So, I let it drop.

But, during the meal, Mom brought it up again and I asked what she thought of the article. She said, "It should only be a last resort." Well, at least I knew where she stood. I doubt she would have thought I need to resort to that since I've only been struggling for 20 years and didn't weigh 300+ pounds as the girl in the story. No, 85 extra pounds wouldn't have been enough. Diet and exercise was all I would need. Blah, blah. Sigh.

I really wanted shout out I had the band but just couldn't. My teenage boys thought it was dumb and wondered why people get fat in the first place. I felt my face get flush but no one noticed. Maybe someday I will share my secret. Maybe not. So far, my kids or parents haven't even noticed my weight loss of 29 pounds. But, I can!

Merry Christmas to me.

PatU

Pat, they're going to notice at some point. My family was laughing because everything I tried to wear for Christmas was too big. I ended up in jeans and a sweater (that was also a bit too big) As strange as it may sound, aside from that kids, all of my family has struggled with weight. I'm actually glad about that as they were extremely supportive.

For the record, I'm avoiding the scale for a few days. I didn't eat a lot, but it was all the wrong thing. I fear the scale right now. BTW, I'm scheduled for a fill on 1-5...just in time!

Happy Holidays everyone! almost time for a new thread. We barely got this one going. Pat, Josette, Robin, Steph, Libra, you all look like you are doing great!

I am a scale addict too, however I don't plan to change, LOL, I don't really get depressed when the scale goes up because I can't eat very much so I know its not me. It could be Water weight or so many other things that it doesn't bother me.

Pat, my mom doesn't know either. I am wearing a size 16 pant and size 14 top. My mom brings out this sweater that was a 2x and asked me if it would fit me and if I wanted it. I was looking at how big it was while trying to think of something to say, then my mom goes, it would probably be too small for you anyway and she took it back into the bedroom. I didn't really know what to think of what she said. I guess she hasn't noticed that I went from a 22 to a 16 either.

Happy Holidays everyone! almost time for a new thread. We barely got this one going. Pat, Josette, Robin, Steph, Libra, you all look like you are doing great!

I am a scale addict too, however I don't plan to change, LOL, I don't really get depressed when the scale goes up because I can't eat very much so I know its not me. It could be Water weight or so many other things that it doesn't bother me.

Pat, my mom doesn't know either. I am wearing a size 16 pant and size 14 top. My mom brings out this sweater that was a 2x and asked me if it would fit me and if I wanted it. I was looking at how big it was while trying to think of something to say, then my mom goes, it would probably be too small for you anyway and she took it back into the bedroom. I didn't really know what to think of what she said. I guess she hasn't noticed that I went from a 22 to a 16 either.

Talk about seeing what you expect to see instead of what's really there! Tha's OK. We cheer your current clothes size!

Jo Ann

Faybie.. you should have said "sure I'll try it on" and threw it on over what you were wearing!

I weighed myself on Christmas morning and I was down 35 pounds. Yay! it seems I'm past my platue now.

My favorite jeans were hanging on my hips on christmas day and I wore a button up shirt that last year I couldn't button because I was too fat. It fits great now. That was my christmas gift to myself! Hubby got me a diamond and sapphire pendent on a gold chain.

t a g

Faybie.. you should have said "sure I'll try it on" and threw it on over what you were wearing!

I weighed myself on Christmas morning and I was down 35 pounds. Yay! it seems I'm past my platue now.

My favorite jeans were hanging on my hips on christmas day and I wore a button up shirt that last year I couldn't button because I was too fat. It fits great now. That was my christmas gift to myself! Hubby got me a diamond and sapphire pendent on a gold chain.

Isn't that a great feeling? I went and bought one of those shirts that you add on a piece to your shoulders and tie under your breasts. I have thought that was the cutest look since it came out, however I knew it wouldn't look cute in a size 22. LOL. I wore that to a Christmas party and got many compliments. Without my band, I wouldn't have been able to do so... I know I sound like a broken record, but I LOVE my band!

Oh, and btw, I wasn't taking my Vitamins like I was suppose to and started having mystery bruises the size of dimes show up on my legs. By Christmas morning I had over 250 bruises. If you aren't taking your Vitamins use my horrible experience as motivation to NEVER skip!