Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC - December chat

Here it is our December thread. This thread is for August 2006 Bandster December chat.

ABC stands for August Band Crew.

Happy Holidays!!

Happy December everybody! I can't believe it is here already. I'll be taking my 4 month pics. pretty soon. I hope everybody has a fabulous month. I also hope you lose more than you receive this season. :confused:

okay so I didnt make my scale goal for Nov but the gym I joined has the machine that shows you body fat lbs vs everything else and I've lost fat and gained muscle so hopefully the scale will start moving again soon. I'm actually working out 5 times a week now for the last 3 weeks and I can't believe the amount of energy I have and my clothes are loose again too! Also I've been eating badly again, stress makes me crave chocolate and other comfort foods :confused: My best friend is on a plane right now going to Iraq and I'm having some financial problems therefore I'm stressed out to the max and starting to fall into old habits. I may not post much but I log in a read everyday, you guys are an inspiration to me! Lets keep it going through the holidays!

Happy Holidays! Are You All Finished With Your Gifts And Wrapping? All Mine Are Wrapped And Under The Tree Except For The Ones I Have Made. I Still Have To Glue And Make A Bow On All 25 Items I Have Made And Then Wrap. I Love The Holidays! Everyone Just Seems To Care For Others This Time Of Year.

Diane

I made my November goal but my band has definitely loosened. The sweet spot is gone. The restriction is still there but not as tight. If perfect is a 10, my restriction is a 7. The good news is I am maintaining my weight and continuing to regularly exercise. I have decided not to do a fill until after the first of the year. With the restriction I would not be able to eat at all at the holiday parties. With it loosened a bit, I can eat small amounts, not feel like I am about to PB after a few bites, and not be noticeably refraining from eating. The good thing about the band at a time like this is it alllows me to take a small break from dieting, enjoy food a little more, without my weight zooming back up the scales. I hope I don't sound like I am giving up, because I am not, but these breaks from a stict diet are what are keeping me sane.

Hello everyone I havent posted in awhile things have been kinda crazy for me lately. Holidays have been rough, my cousin is in Iraq and we all miss him so much. Serendipity Its tough but be strong for him and I will keep you and your friend in my prayers as well as all the troops.

Well I go to the Dr tomorrow so I will update my ticker then I wanna wait so I have an accurate #. I think Ive lost a good amount since my first fill which was a few weeks ago and I think I might get another fill just so that I dont over do it during the holidays. I want to be at my half way mark to my first goal by christmas. Which I should do because its less than 10lbs. If I make that my next goal will be to be at 250 by xmas YEAH I hope I can do it. Well I'll be posting alot today if anyone replies cuz I'm statin in all day and enjoying my day off. HAHA

Well Happy Holidays to all you ABC'ers and keep up the great work!!!

Happy Holidays ABC!!!

I've gained 2 pounds back after my unfill. So needless to say, I'm calling for another fill, hopefully this Friday. I feel like a human yoyo here! Sheesh!

I checked the scale today and apparently I've gained a few pounds back since the last time I weighed myself. I'm assuming it was from before my fill. I have the distinct impression I'm not meeting my goal of 50 by Christmas, so now I'm hoping for 40.

My ultimate goal is to lose 100 by the end of the summer and another 54 over the next year. I'm hopefully optimistic. :(

I know what you mean about feeling like a yo-yo. I can't seem to stay below 220 for more than a day at a time. I've got another fill scheduled for next Wednesday. I'm hoping it'll be "the one." I'm only 15 lbs. away from my 3rd. mini-goal. Yay! I need to hurry up though, cuz my reward is on sale and might be unavailable if I don't get a move on. I'm pretty sure I"m not going to make my Jan. 1 challenge either, but hey, at least I'll be close.

I just took some 4 month pics. Check 'em out.

4monthsALL.jpg

The good thing about the band at a time like this is it alllows me to take a small break from dieting, enjoy food a little more, without my weight zooming back up the scales. I hope I don't sound like I am giving up, because I am not, but these breaks from a stict diet are what are keeping me sane.

Robin,

I know exactly how you feel. The band is keeping me sane too during the holidays. I am able to enjoy all of the foods I love without "over indulging". If I don't have room for something I really wanted at a meal, I pack it up and have it for dinner. I still feel satisified without being glutonous.

Kutia,

I stayed at the 200 mark for one and a half months. I went down a whole pant size and never lost a pound. If you get "stuck" at a certain weight, use your clothes to help you. If they are feeling more loose then you are still "compacting". I think compacting is very healthy because you will have less saging skin in the end.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Interesting I just discovered a few things that I didn't know...

using this website http://www.bmi-calculator.net/ I found that...

1. I am 7 pounds away from being just "Overweight" down from Obese Class 2. woohoo!

2. That according to my body fat calculator I need to lose 64 more pounds, which puts me at 133 not 145 (my original goal) according to my frame size.

Okay, now I'm in a really bad mood. I had to have an unfill because I couldn't keep down liquids. Well, they took too much out and I'm gaining weight like crazy. 3 pounds in 3 days!!! I called to have another fill and he's booked until 12-22. Hello!!! That's 3 days before Christmas!! Who wants a fill 3 days before Christmas!!!??? The next available date is after the New Year. I'm an absolute panic about going through the holiday feeling little restriction. I'm afraid of gaining back what took so much effort to lose. If I can gain three pounds in three days, I'm in trouble.

Libra,

I'm sorry that you are gaining weight. Do you think it could be Water weight? Maybe you could try the liquid pre-op diet until you get your fill. You might not be able to stick to the pre-op 100% but it could balance out when you don't.

About 3 days before Christmas that is a real tough one. At this point, I personally would go for the fill especially if your Dr. is so popular and booked solid. If you just have to have something at Christmas dinner save it for left overs and eat it in the next couple of days.

You are in a tough spot, I wish you the best!

Happy holidays everyone! I have more energy than I every remember. Thanksgiving was a breeze for me (not a big fan of all the staples of the day). I know that this is probably covered somewhere but since you are fellow ABC er's I thought I would pose this to ya'll. For those that have seen a nutritionist (or those that haven't), what is the breakdown on what we are supposed to eat (meat, veggies, fruit, etc.) and how much at each sitting? I have lost 41 pounds so I'm extremely happy with that but I also want to be healthy about it! I would really appreciate hearing from ya'll! Thanks for the support because I don't feel alone with ya'll here!

:D :angel: