Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow, getting nervous......

Hello!

I'm going to be sleeved tomorrow and feeling very nervous.

Had a band for 18 months, lost 88 1bs, felt like a different person.

Then the band started causing huge reflux because it had slipped, so had to have it removed as emergency at the end of Dec. 2012.

Was told I would need to wait at least 3 months for my stomach to recover before having a sleeve, during that time I have gained 29 1bs and hated every minute.

My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of a sleeve, because at my current weigh I am in no danger but I just can't face going back to my pre-band weight and then asking them again, so am funding the op. myself.

Really excited about getting the sleeve but very nervous about the surgery, really hope it all goes ok.

Currently sitting in hospital, having had all the blood tests, ECG, visits from my surgeon and the anesthetist.

All set for tomorrow morning, all I can do is wait.........

Hello!

I'm going to be sleeved tomorrow and feeling very nervous.

Had a band for 18 months' date=' lost 88 1bs, felt like a different person.

Then the band started causing huge reflux because it had slipped, so had to have it removed as emergency at the end of Dec. 2012.

Was told I would need to wait at least 3 months for my stomach to recover before having a sleeve, during that time I have gained 29 1bs and hated every minute.

My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of a sleeve, because at my current weigh I am in no danger but I just can't face going back to my pre-band weight and then asking them again, so am funding the op. myself.

Really excited about getting the sleeve but very nervous about the surgery, really hope it all goes ok.

Currently sitting in hospital, having had all the blood tests, ECG, visits from my surgeon and the anesthetist.

All set for tomorrow morning, all I can do is wait.........[/quote']

I'm being sleeved in a few hours... I wish you the best

Congrats! I will be having my band removed and sleeved at the same time (hopefully) on May 31st!

My band has prolapsed & I'm waiting for insurance approval. Was wondering how many incisions are needed to remove the band & do the sleeve, Also h

ow many weeks are we on Clear Liquids after sleeve surgery, the band was 2 weeks for me.

Morning!

Just waiting to be picked up and taken to surgery, I'm first up today.

John, my band was removed using the same incisions as when it was fitted - 3 small and 1 a bit bigger where the port was.

Not sure about the incisions for the sleeve, guess I will find out soon!

I have 2 weeks on clear Fluid, the same as with the band.

Just want to get the surgery over now..... :mellow:

I'm being sleeved in a few hours... I wish you the best

Hope it went well, all the best for you.

I had my band removed in October and I'm scheduled for my sleeve on Monday April 8th. I hated every minute of the band as I never felt full just in pain. I have high hopes for the sleeve. Good luck!!! I'm sure it went great!

Thank you for all your kind wishes.

The op went ok, spent a few nights in intensive care, just under observation.

Really pleased to be back home today, a bit sore and weary but ok.

Had my first Protein Shake today, took over an hour to manage 250ml, but that's not surprising since my new stomach has a capacity of just 120ml.

Feeling positive, just need a good nights sleep :mellow:

Glad it went ok, I get my revision on May 6th. I am very nervous. Best of luck with your recovery.

Hi Everyone

I'm scheduled to have revision April 18 in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz . I haven't had any success with the band and I've had it since 2004. Latest issue is esophageal dilation due to band being to tight when there is only .25cc in it. Last time I had a sweet spot was 2005. I also have gerd and have been on nexium for 5+years. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am 5'7'".. And 186 lbs. my goal is 139. I'm hoping that this will be the answer. I'm so scared because I thought the lap band was the answer too.

My bariatric surgeon recommends bypass because of GERD. That's just crazy..I can't do that. That's why the sleeve is attractive to me. Cigna will pay for non emergent surgeries outside of the US.. So my hope is that they will cover the expense considering hx of complications w lap band.

Thanks for listening . Everyone on this site is helpful.. I am open to hearing everyone's opinions

Why were you in intensive care so long Missy?

Why were you in intensive care so long Missy?

Hi John,

My drain somehow fell out when I stood up to use the toilet and I was sick a few times the day after the surgery. They put me on some extra "anti sickness" drugs and just wanted to keep me under observation for a while. Maybe just being cautious.

Almost 2 weeks out now and feeling good!

Hi John,

My drain somehow fell out when I stood up to use the toilet and I was sick a few times the day after the surgery. They put me on some extra "anti sickness" drugs and just wanted to keep me under observation for a while. Maybe just being cautious.

Almost 2 weeks out now and feeling good!

fantastic. good for you.

Missy, What kind of drain are You talking about?