Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop having so many damn kids; population control, anyone?

What an A$$. I will say that late term abortion is absolutely wrong.

Why? At what point in the development of the unborn baby does abortion go from being OK to being "absolutely wrong"?

(And it's a fetus, but you can call it whatever you like.)

How much Latin do you use in your other daily conversations? Fetus is Latin for "little one" or "unborn child". I prefer to speak English because then people don't get confused by language and interpretation issues.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source

fe·tus (fē'təs) Pronunciation Key

n. pl. fe·tus·es

1. The unborn young of a viviparous vertebrate having a basic structural resemblance to the adult animal.

2. In humans, the unborn young from the end of the eighth week after conception to the moment of birth, as distinguished from the earlier embryo.

OK, so fetus = "unborn young". Therefore I choose to use the term "unborn baby" instead of the Latin, which so few people speak.

I guess I believe that our final destiny is already set, our job now is to take it a day at a time. And to just be nice to each other.

:eek:Missy

You said it, Sister!

Kat.

Why? At what point in the development of the unborn baby does abortion go from being OK to being "absolutely wrong"?

When if born at the same time aborted IT can survive. From about 26 weeks it is possible for a preterm baby to live if born.

Why not?

Why?

Why should abortion not be used a birth control? I think there are too many options that don't involve such abuse to the woman's body. Abortion is not simple in procedure, nor in theory.

Why would I never have an abortion? The fact that I can not have children without medical assistance is the answer to that. It is not right for me because I see children as something wonderful. But then again I have never had to make that choice.

This perfect world that so many keep speaking of is really scaring me. All these spoiled brats running around with not a clue how to take care of themselves or anyone else. The 'MEism' breaks my heart. This world is NOT becoming better for it and our country is going under more and more everyday because of the lack of backbone, morals and ethics.

quote]

Poverty is not the REAL issue, it is just an underlying one. I am glad for you that your mom choose life. I am speaking of all of those who we say either in our heads or out loud "they should never have children". Money doesn't have a lot to do with love. If you are not capable of loving a child, then you should rethink it. Just my honest opinion.

It is funny this thread started from people damning parents who want "Too many children" to damning those who choose not to have children.

OK, so fetus = "unborn young". Therefore I choose to use the term "unborn baby" instead of the Latin, which so few people speak.

Actually I think that we use Latin quite often and the people on this board would use and recongnize many Latin terms used by many on a daily basis..Shall i mention a few? Sure:

bonafide

carpe diem

carte blanche

ad nauseum

ex posto facto

in loco parentis

mea culpa

pro bono

vini vidi vici

et cetera

memento

de facto

cum laude

per se

I could go on but......

When if born at the same time aborted IT can survive. From about 26 weeks it is possible for a preterm baby to live if born.

So 50 years ago a pre-term baby was a human being many weeks later than a pre-term baby is a human being in 2006?

Actually I think that we use Latin quite often and the people on this board would use and recongnize many Latin terms used by many on a daily basis..Shall i mention a few? Sure:

bonafide

carpe diem

carte blanche

ad nauseum

ex posto facto

in loco parentis

mea culpa

pro bono

vini vidi vici

et cetera

memento

de facto

cum laude

per se

I could go on but......

The point is that when you use a word that's from another language, you should define it. There are many of the above words or phrases that most American people wouldn't understand. When one uses a word that other people don't understand, one is often compelled to supply a definition. The definition of "fetus" is "unborn offspring" or "unborn child" or "unborn baby". Why do people who support abortion bristle when the term "unborn baby" is used? Because they are trying to deny the humanity of the object that's growing in the womb, and that's a heck of a lot easier when you call it by a Latin name.

So 50 years ago a pre-term baby was a human being many weeks later than a pre-term baby is a human being in 2006?

The Dionne quintuplets were born in 1934, two months premature, and all 5 lived to adulthood.

The quints were delivered at home by a rural doctor, without benefit of running Water or electricity.

Today it's quite common to selectively "reduce" a pregnancy when the mother is found to be carrying more than 3 babies.

50 years ago the chances of living were lower. This is what it comes down to...many of you WERE complaining about people that ACTAULLY want "too many kids" now you are complaining about people who DO NOT WANT kids?

Can we say you want your cake and eat it to. When it comes down to it, I am entitled to my opinion just as you are as to yours. I am not trying to change anyone's mind, as you should not be trying to change mine. it would be a waste of your time.

I know what it is like to want a child more than life itself. But I understand with complete compassion that some women do not want to have children, and it is NOT MY PLACE to pass MY MORAL judgement on them and force them into a life they do not want to live.

I am not God and it is not my place to do act as such. I see both sides, but I think in the real world. Not everyone is June Cleaver, and should not try to be unless they really WANT to!

But I understand with complete compassion that some women do not want to have children, and it is NOT MY PLACE to pass MY MORAL judgement on them and force them into a life they do not want to live.

I am almost of the same opinion as you, Boo Boo. I absolutely think that every abortion kills a human being. But I am not going to march in protest in front of abortion clinics. I am not going to campaign for the reversal of Roe vs Wade. If another woman wants to kill her baby, I will not try and stop her. Nor will I try and make her feel like a terrible person after the fact. I will never, ever agree that abortion is a good thing, but I have serious reservations about legislating morality, in any form. And the abortion issue IS one of morality.

I have a lot of compassion for women in general (being one myself tends to make me biased). I thought the Andrea Yates verdict (from the first trial) was a travesty. If there ever was a woman whose quiver was TOO full, it was Andrea Yates.

I have a lot of compassion for women in general (being one myself tends to make me biased). I thought the Andrea Yates verdict (from the first trial) was a travesty. .

You think it was wrong to convict her? I mean for real She could have stopped after the first one. It takes along time to drown someone.. how can you look at your child with their eyes open stuggling and fighting for air. And then do it over and over again. The 7 yo put up a hell of a fight also. I mean he was trying to save himself. I dont care how depressed she was, she could have just killed herself.

This was a deiberate and sucessful attempt to kill just them. I think the second trial was a travesty.

She had choices, she choice to kill them.. but they had a name and a face and a personality. Very different then abortion. It was a child not a fetus..or unborn whatever you want to call it.