Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I've been thinking of you too Julie. I hope you are healing without any problems this time around!

Thanks for the info about North Suburban. I put it on my calendar for January. I need to find a fill doctor up north. I got the referral from Dr. K. to go to Dr. Metz - but I work in Ft. Lupton and live in that area...Parker is too darned far to go! I hope I can find someone up north.

Dan - be really careful while you are healing. Even though you feel like you can eat a lot, you are probably still swollen and healing after your surgery. The first month to six weeks is really hard because the lapband isn't doing its job yet. Hang in there - it is a great tool.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope to see some of my lapband buddies at NSMC in January.

Mary

Mary,

Dr. Georgescu at NSMC will take Dr. K's patients for fills. Just call his office for an appointment. 303-452-0059!

Thanks to everyone asking about me

Well, I am home. Surgery went well, other than the fact that he ran into a lot of scar tissue from the hernia mesh I had implanted. Took him longer for surgery than anticipated, though he said the bypass part went really quickly and well, expecially since he was expecting problems because of the scaring from the erosion.

Spent 2 nights in the hopital Glad to be home, as you know no one can sleep there. Been having issues with my O2 levels while sleeping for years, so Dr Chae ordered home oxygen for me this time. Hopefully that will give me more energy. Dan.... wondering if it's helping you at all??

Still on Clear liquids til next Tuesday, then switch to full liquids.< /span>

Glad it's finally over with.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Hopefully in Jan??

Julie,

Apria came by and picked up my O2 Tuesday. Chae took me off O2 on the 15th. I sure slept better when I was on O2. If not for the hassle it creates with all the tubes etc, I'd use it every night if I could.

Looking forward to seeing you again at our next Red Robin Rendezvous.

Merry Christmas!

Julie great to read you are home. so glad the surgery is behind you. Good journey friend. Am looking at Feb to come to Colorado if all works out. Just love it there and eager to get away. Keep well.

Thanks to everyone asking about me

Well, I am home. Surgery went well, other than the fact that he ran into a lot of scar tissue from the hernia mesh I had implanted. Took him longer for surgery than anticipated, though he said the bypass part went really quickly and well, expecially since he was expecting problems because of the scaring from the erosion.

Spent 2 nights in the hopital Glad to be home, as you know no one can sleep there. Been having issues with my O2 levels while sleeping for years, so Dr Chae ordered home oxygen for me this time. Hopefully that will give me more energy. Dan.... wondering if it's helping you at all??

Still on Clear Liquids til next Tuesday, then switch to full liquids.

Glad it's finally over with.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Hopefully in Jan??

hey! So happy to hear you're doing okay! A little O2 isn't a biggie! It can help you have more energy! So when can you start eating regular food? I would love to see you all in Jan at Red Robin and there is another new person who would like to join us.

January 18th would be perfect for me, as I will be there in town. What about anyone else?

I look forward to meeting you and others but I believe that's my local support group meeting day so I may not make it.

Dan

hey! So happy to hear you're doing okay! A little O2 isn't a biggie! It can help you have more energy! So when can you start eating regular food? I would love to see you all in Jan at Red Robin and there is another new person who would like to join us.

January 18th would be perfect for me, as I will be there in town. What about anyone else?

The 18th should work for me!!!

The 18th should work for me!!!

Nope, I don't mind using the o2 at night. Not getting much extra energy.... but maybe that's cuz I'm starving to death eek.gif . Just kidding, of course. Been really week and dizzy because of this liquid diet. 3 days pre and 7 days post. Tomorrow I get to start on full liquids. Looking forward to 2 T of mashed potatoes..... and I don't even like potatoes!!!!! I know it's just what we have to go through, but I'll still be glad when it's over.

Hey, I hope you all don't mind me butting into this conversation for a quick question.

So as you all know, Dr. K retired. I got one letter saying he recommends some other doctor, but then not too long after that, I got another letter saying he's recommending a different doctor, and will be sending all our files to them, and that this new doctor will honor the price of fills we had with Dr. K.

Of course, now that I need a fill, I cannot find the letter(s).

Can you help, and let me know who it is that already has our files, and will honor the cheap fill cost? Thank you so much in advance!

Hey, I hope you all don't mind me butting into this conversation for a quick question.

So as you all know, Dr. K retired. I got one letter saying he recommends some other doctor, but then not too long after that, I got another letter saying he's recommending a different doctor, and will be sending all our files to them, and that this new doctor will honor the price of fills we had with Dr. K.

Of course, now that I need a fill, I cannot find the letter(s).

Can you help, and let me know who it is that already has our files, and will honor the cheap fill cost? Thank you so much in advance!

Never mind, I figured it out. :)

So, I heard this thread was dead? Julie? Nora?

My email is jdanielphillips@msn.com

Hey. It's working again!!! rolleyes.gif It wasn't working for awhile.

Now that it's working again..... Red Robin anyone??? I still have a $5 gift card til the end of the month I don't want to go to waste biggrin.png

I'm available pretty much anytime except the 3rd Wednesday of every month(support group).

Hey Dan,

Nora said you're still in Bandster Hell? I feel for ya. I'm in bypass Hell right now blink.png Evidently, when you have a bypass it takes around 3 months for the nerves to regenerate enogh to feel restriction. Grrrrrrrrr...

I recall someone telling me that one of the advantages to bypass is that you don't have to wait for the right fill to start your new life? I feel for ya. I really want my new lifestyle to begin so I can settle into some kind of groove.