Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I started the denver area losers group. if ur in the denver area feel free to join.

Someone should write him a review!

http://www.lapbandsu...ld-kirshenbaum/

He's retired ............ the BEST surgeon, but now retired .......

Well all, my surgery is Tuesday. Have a feeling the bypass is gonna be a lot different than getting a band (more pain, I'm guessing... as if my band wasn't painful enough) 001_huh.gif Start my diet Saturday. Guess I'm going to spend a couple days being hangry. Just love that word... it says it all.

Maybe we can start thinking about a date in January to get together??

I'm in for Red Robin in January Julie. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Well all, my surgery is Tuesday. Have a feeling the bypass is gonna be a lot different than getting a band (more pain, I'm guessing... as if my band wasn't painful enough) 001_huh.gif Start my diet Saturday. Guess I'm going to spend a couple days being hangry. Just love that word... it says it all.

Maybe we can start thinking about a date in January to get together??

Hey Julie, how are you mama, hope life is good for you! Best in recovery, I hope the surgery is a breeze!

Julie,

I don't have a date set up but I'm shooting for the first week in January. I'm feeling virtually no restriction and can eat most anything I want. Still losing weight because I am being careful and trying not to pig out over these holidays. Sometimes I fear the band has slipped and it's not where it should be. But I searched these forums and that seems to be a concern for many bandsters. Looking forward to that first fill and hoping I feel some restriction. Merry Christmas and good luck Tuesday.

Dan

Julie,

I don't have a date set up but I'm shooting for the first week in January. I'm feeling virtually no restriction and can eat most anything I want. Still losing weight because I am being careful and trying not to pig out over these holidays. Sometimes I fear the band has slipped and it's not where it should be. But I searched these forums and that seems to be a concern for many bandsters. Looking forward to that first fill and hoping I feel some restriction. Merry Christmas and good luck Tuesday.

Dan

Hi Dan, I'm Patty in Florida. Hope to meet you some day soon. I think it's a common fear to have a slip. I would not know what slippage feels like other than they say you can eat larger amounts. I think the forums here have that as a topic. You can research it and find out what other symptoms there are. LUCK.

Julie,

Dan

Hi Dan, I'm Patty in Florida. Hope to meet you some day soon. I think it's a common fear to have a slip. I would not know what slippage feels like other than they say you can eat larger amounts. I think the forums here have that as a topic. You can research it and find out what other symptoms there are. LUCK.

Hi Patty. Hope to meet you too. I did some searches here and on youtube. I doubt I have any slippage, I'm just nervous that I can still eat as much as I can. I was hoping for more restriction right after surgery but this is normal I understand. Jan 5th is my first fill. Looking forward to hitting it hard in 2012.

Merry Christmas to all!

Dan,

So great to see you at the NSMC support group last night! Everyone else, you are welcome to attend, there is no charge. It is the 3rd Wed. of the month at 6pm at NSMC, 9191 Grant Street, Thornton, in the Aspen/Spruce room. Patients with band, sleeve and bypass all come and share, and it is moderated by a R.D..

Julie - how was your surgery??? Update us asap on how you are doing.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to everyone!

I've been thinking of you too Julie. I hope you are healing without any problems this time around!

Thanks for the info about North Suburban. I put it on my calendar for January. I need to find a fill doctor up north. I got the referral from Dr. K. to go to Dr. Metz - but I work in Ft. Lupton and live in that area...Parker is too darned far to go! I hope I can find someone up north.

Dan - be really careful while you are healing. Even though you feel like you can eat a lot, you are probably still swollen and healing after your surgery. The first month to six weeks is really hard because the lapband isn't doing its job yet. Hang in there - it is a great tool.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope to see some of my lapband buddies at NSMC in January.

Mary