Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here. I'll be there on the 4th, but a reminder would be helpful.

I'm going to try to get a fill soon because I've not only been able to eat too much, but I've been on steroids for a few weeks due to an eye issue...both are causing me to gain a few pounds. Nothing drastic, but enough to bum me out. I also have to get my ass to the gym again! I'm a slacker.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Theresa

hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here. I'll be there on the 4th, but a reminder would be helpful.

I'm going to try to get a fill soon because I've not only been able to eat too much, but I've been on steroids for a few weeks due to an eye issue...both are causing me to gain a few pounds. Nothing drastic, but enough to bum me out. I also have to get my ass to the gym again! I'm a slacker.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Theresa

yayy... been awhile. Looking forward to seeing you.

j

Hello Ladies!! I haven't been here forever! How are you all doing? Long story short, Josh and I left the nanny scene and both have good dependable jobs now and I am able to afford regular fills. I am getting back on the band wagon, and got a good fill on Monday and am down 5 lbs this week so far. I know it won't come off that fast for long but at least I am heading down now. It is a relief to not be gradually climbing. I figured it would be good for me to get back on here. I need to kick myself in the butt and stay on the wagon this time!

Hello Ladies!! I haven't been here forever! How are you all doing? Long story short, Josh and I left the nanny scene and both have good dependable jobs now and I am able to afford regular fills. I am getting back on the band wagon, and got a good fill on Monday and am down 5 lbs this week so far. I know it won't come off that fast for long but at least I am heading down now. It is a relief to not be gradually climbing. I figured it would be good for me to get back on here. I need to kick myself in the butt and stay on the wagon this time!

Wow! Marie! So good to see you posting again! I have thought of you often and wondered how you were doing! Hearing that you're back on the bandwagon and getting your fills sounds great! I saw a study recently that stated the most successful LapBanders are the ones that get fills - not big ones, but small fills every 4 to 6 weeks - they tend to lose consistantly and do well. IT also keeps their minds on track for working out and being accountable.

I know that when I was doing my best, I was seeing Dr K or Tom regularly. Sometimes life gets in the way with work and stuff and we get off track! What is so sweeet about the Band is you can return and start back from square one!

Don't be a stranger!

Hello, nearly new here. Originally wanted Dr. K to do my surgery but never quite saved up the cash to move forward. Got a call today from Chae's office that insurance approved my lap-band request. Surgery set for November 28th. I really didn't expect this kind of mental reaction on my part. Suddenly I'm scared crapless. It's taken 2+ years to get here and now that I can see this is really going to happen, the fear of failure or the fear that I can't live without stuffing my fat face anymore is a reality. Anyone else have this kind of reaction?

Dan

Well, Dan. Your surgery is today!! Please let us know how everything went when you feel up to it. Hopefully you will be able to meet up with us on the 4th.

Holiday Special !!

Dr. John Weaver is offering the

Gastric Band Surgery for the price of $8495.00

Dr. Kirshenbaum's coordinator Natalie is

working for him.

His phone number is 303-320-7826

I am in the middle of a rough transfer for work. I start my new store on sunday. I dont know my schedule yet but will try to be there. 6pm right? Is it the one on havana?

I am in the middle of a rough transfer for work. I start my new store on sunday. I dont know my schedule yet but will try to be there. 6pm right? Is it the one on havana?

Actually it is the one at Arapahoe and I-25. Hope you can make it.

I've been having a lot of dreams this last week. One was this recurring dread of being in an airport with tickets in hand to go somewhere. I was dodging other people and many roadblocks. Must have been the obstacle course prior to surgery?

Then last night I dreamt I was on the op table and they decided to you use a midget's lapband and it was called "The Laptastic"??

Anyway, got banded today. Still a sore but not too bad. I have to use this oxygen tank/generator for a few days and I really hate it. 7 hours later I was still hallucinating and would start and stop in mid sentece. sleeping on the couch tonight.

Thanks for the support!

BTW, forgot to say good luck with the new store

I've been having a lot of dreams this last week. One was this recurring dread of being in an airport with tickes in had to go sowhere. I was dodging other people and many roadblocks. Must have been the obstacle course prior to surgery?

Then last night I dreamt I was on the op table and they decided to you use a midget's lapband and it was called "The Laptastic"??

Anyway, got banded today. Still a sore but not too bad. I have to use this oxygen tank/generator for a few days and I really hate it. 7 hours later I was still hallucinating and would start and stop in mid sentece. sleeping on the couch tonight.

Thanks for the support!

Glad to hear from ya, and that you're feeling OK (as can be expected, that is) thumbs_up.gif

Post op day 2. Incisions are really red and oozing. Very tender to the touch. I've thought about this for years now and this is not what I thought it would be? Hard to tell if I'm full, bloated, hungry or sick? I feel like crap all the time. Not enough food or is there something wrong? Not a fun time right now. I ventured out to a Vitamin Shoppe for some Protein and could hardly speak to the clerk. Sorry to ramble but my body aches all over and I can't take any ibuprofen. I have vicodin but that stuff shuts down all my sphincters and makes it impossible to eat.

D