Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

To all Dr. K's bandster patient's he is now the proud grandfather of twins...a baby boy and a baby girl. Their names are Sam and Madeline. Please join me in congratulating Dr. Kirshenbaum on a new chapter of his life.

That is awesome!! Next time I go I will have to ask to see pictures!

Ok, so my husband insisted that I go get a fill because he knows that I am dying here. So I got a flight for the 27th, I will land at 9:15 and you can pick me up anytime it is convenient and my appointment is at 11:30. Then my flight out is at 3. Thanks so much for putting up with my on again off again issues!

No problem at all. I will PM you with my phone number in case your plans go awry. Otherwise, I will plan on being at the top of the escalator when you get off the train, holding a sign with your name on it, since we don't know what each other looks like.:biggrin:

No problem at all. I will PM you with my phone number in case your plans go awry. Otherwise, I will plan on being at the top of the escalator when you get off the train, holding a sign with your name on it, since we don't know what each other looks like.:biggrin:

Thanks! You are great!

So I had a great NSV today! I was trying on slacks at Kohl's and tried a 24 which was huge (I am normally a 22 now but slacks can run small) And then I tried on a 20 because it was the only other size and I wanted to see how close I was. IT FIT!!!!! I officially bought a size 20 because it fit!! YAY!!!!!

No problem... I can do the 17th too.

Okay! The 17th it is!!! Anyone else available? Please join us! WE have to get a in touch with Snowgator! I hope she can come too!!!

To all Dr. K's bandster patient's he is now the proud grandfather of twins...a baby boy and a baby girl. Their names are Sam and Madeline. Please join me in congratulating Dr. Kirshenbaum on a new chapter of his life.

This is great news! I wondered if those tiny ones had arrived yet! Please tell Grandpa that I send my best wishes and I hope he gets his fill of hugs and smoochies from those sweet babies!!!

So I had a great NSV today! I was trying on slacks at Kohl's and tried a 24 which was huge (I am normally a 22 now but slacks can run small) And then I tried on a 20 because it was the only other size and I wanted to see how close I was. IT FIT!!!!! I officially bought a size 20 because it fit!! YAY!!!!!

Congrats on that NSV! :thumbup:I know how that is! I find it so frustrating that almost every pair of pants is a different size! Today I went to an interview wearing a size 16 and I had to keep pulling them up! IT was ugly! I am still hoping that it wasn't too obvious! BUT then I try on jeans and I have to buy a size 20! My thighs are huge and that is what makes jeans almost impossible to wear! I hate my thighs! :biggrin: Does Kohl's have nice dress pants?

I am still planning on going to see Dr W in Denver for a plastics consult. I am hoping he may be able to push it through my insurance for the hernia(s) I have. Maybe you can tell me....does he do free consultations?? (this is who you saw, correct?)

Yeah, Dr W does free consults and he is very sweet! I wish I had the money to have him do my face! I have seen his work and it is amazing! You're going to love him! He makes you feel very comfortable in that thin paper gown! Yikes!

Congrats on that NSV! :thumbup:I know how that is! I find it so frustrating that almost every pair of pants is a different size! Today I went to an interview wearing a size 16 and I had to keep pulling them up! IT was ugly! I am still hoping that it wasn't too obvious! BUT then I try on jeans and I have to buy a size 20! My thighs are huge and that is what makes jeans almost impossible to wear! I hate my thighs! :w00t: Does Kohl's have nice dress pants?

Kohl's has some great dress pants! But I only shop the clearance racks, so I only paid $7.90 for a $50 pair of slacks. My kohl's is super small though, so the plus size section is TINY. I am going to the one at the south end of the Salt Lake valley so that I can really get some use of my 30% off this weekend. Sorry about jeans! I seem to have the opposite problem. My waist is a lot bigger than the size my thighs would fit in, especially since I started working out on my elliptical. So if i went by thigh size I might even get into a 16. but not gonna happen for a while!

Yeah, Dr W does free consults and he is very sweet! I wish I had the money to have him do my face! I have seen his work and it is amazing! You're going to love him! He makes you feel very comfortable in that thin paper gown! Yikes!

I'll have to go ahead and make an appointment. I guess I have been hesitating since I don't want to get my hopes up and then have them dashed (even though I know going in my cheap a** insurance company almost definetly will deny me) :w00t:

But...I guess nothing ventured nothing gained, huh?? :laugh:

Kohl's has some great dress pants! But I only shop the clearance racks, so I only paid $7.90 for a $50 pair of slacks. My kohl's is super small though, so the plus size section is TINY. I am going to the one at the south end of the Salt Lake valley so that I can really get some use of my 30% off this weekend. Sorry about jeans! I seem to have the opposite problem. My waist is a lot bigger than the size my thighs would fit in, especially since I started working out on my elliptical. So if i went by thigh size I might even get into a 16. but not gonna happen for a while!

I hear ya!!!

I never wore jeans when I was bigger because I always felt they looked like clown pants on me due to the fact that my thighs are not that big (still big, but not in proportion to my huge belly)

I invariably wore stretch pants, since I could get them a bit smaller and they wouldn't look so baggy on me. I have a theory that this fact, in a small part, is how I got so big. Dress pants/jeans are a lot less forgiving than stretch pants. When you gain weight wearing them you know it. :laugh:

If it weren't for this stomach I would probably be able to get into a 16, no problem. But.... right now I am still in a 26 :w00t:

Anyone going to join me at Red Robin's tonight at 7pm?

I hope so!!!:thumbup:

Anyone going to join me at Red Robin's tonight at 7pm?

I hope so!!!:thumbup:

Oh Man.... I was planning on it right up until 5 minutes ago when Ron called and said he has to work late (someone called off) So I am going to have to bail. :rolleyes: I am so sorry. I was so looking forward to seeing you.

julie

Hope someone else is able to show up. If you decide not to go.... maybe tomorrow??

Oh Man.... I was planning on it right up until 5 minutes ago when Ron called and said he has to work late (someone called off) So I am going to have to bail. :thumbup: I am so sorry. I was so looking forward to seeing you.

julie

Hope someone else is able to show up. If you decide not to go.... maybe tomorrow??

do you know if Laptastic was going to be there? Snowgator can't make it either. I won't go if I'll be there alone. Thanks for letting me know.

Do you have Laptastic's phone number?

Julie,

Congrats on getting to the new BMI level..I was also delighted to get to "overweight"! :o

Did red robin night happen this month? Sorry I couldn't make it, that was the day of my daughter's ankle surgery.

So I went for a fill with Tom today, and got to meet laptastic!

She was awesome! So sweet to take me to the appointment and then back to the airport! Thanks again!

Now for the bad part of my day. Tom was listening to me talk about how I have no restriction, and am voraciously hungry all the time, and he decided to see how much is actually in my band. He could only get out 1.5. I was supposed to have over 5. So he thinks I have a leak. He had Dr. K come in and he agreed. It could be that the tubing was punctured, but it could also be that the tubing was rubbing wrong (problem with the manufacturer). Either way I am needing a revision so they can replace the port with the tubing. I am not sure when it will happen, but I need it to. I have gained 20 lbs since my lowest. At least I know it's not my fault. I have been working really hard to not gain. I am up to 40 minutes on my elliptical every day and am eating a lot of salads and high Protein and staying with my supplements too. I just hope I don't gain too much more before I can get the surgery.

This sucks.

Marie, it was great meeting you. I'm sorry your appointment didn't go well...the bright side is that you will come out here again soon. When that happens, we'll set up a Red Robin night just for you.