Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi All:

OHHHH WHHHAAAA I woke up, weighed and I gained 5.8 pounds overnight!!

My throat is sore, :frown: head is pounding and I feel nauseated. I didn't exercise Wed., Thurs., or Friday. I'm payiing for it.:hurray:

*snort* Oh my Mona... your post has me rolling.

Lap.. sorry you are not feeling well. I hope oyu feel better soon. Try some hot Soup, will calm the throat and hopefully nix the nausea.

I need help ladies!

So I weighed myself today again... just for shits and giggles and it says I am down another 7 pounds since Wednesday. That just seems insane to me. That means I would have lost 13lbs since last Friday. Think my scale is wonky? That is so unhealthy.

I need to get more Protein in, I am not getting enough nutrition in period. I had one packet of instant oatmeal, half of a muscle milk, and a can of blended vegetable soup yesterday. That was it. Barely any Fluid intake. Bad Lori.

I need suggestions on what I can do to increase my intake. I am sure this is why I am depressed. I just don't feel like eating though.

It's been awhile since I posted but wanted to say congrats to everyone on their new bands and new losses. :hurray: Ya'll are soooo inspiring!!!

I am making my plans for my trip to Colorado! Man....I just can't wait!!! My surgery is on Feb 26 at Parker!!! I start my pre-op on Feb 12th. I agree with ya'll....it's not a hard diet, but Pasta looks soooo yummy. :frown:

MissMona - I remember you said there was a hotel around close to Parker that you stayed at that had reduced rates. Which one was it? Anyone else remember where you stayed and the cost? I'm trying to get an idea of how much I need to take with us.

We're driving up to Colorado a day before my pre-op appointment. I'm in the Oklahoma City area...it's only about a 9 hour drive for us. Knowing my husband...he'll make it a 6-7 hour drive. We've never been that far north in Colorado before. Any suggestions on things we should see before we leave? I figured we have a few hours to blow before my appointment at 4pm....might as well enjoy it while we're there.

Wooohoo...I'm getting sooo excited!!! I like Banditos! That's cute!

Amie

Hey Guys!

Last night before I left work I got an email from the finance dept. of the hospital. I had requested they check to see who and when I needed to pay my money to for the overnight stay -- I asked them to send me an email when they got the information.

The email subject was: Gastric Bypass patient 1/29/08.

Gastric Bypass? What? Who? Me? NOT! I responded back that it was not Gastric Bypass. I'm just glad that Dr. K knows what kind of surgery I'm having! Talk about a 'time out prior to procedure' If I had any doubt I'd have to take a big sharpy and write on my tummy:

NO GASTRIC BYPASS

LAP BAND PLEASE!!!:hurray::eek::frown::eek::redface::eek::wink2::eek::eek:

MissMona - I remember you said there was a hotel around close to Parker that you stayed at that had reduced rates. Which one was it? Anyone else remember where you stayed and the cost? I'm trying to get an idea of how much I need to take with us.

I stayed at the Raddison Hotel Denver Southeast on 3200 Parker Rd in Aurora, Co. You have to book the room through Hotels.com with at least a 7 day advance purchase and you can get the room for $59 a night. The regular room rate is over $125.00 per night. It is a really nice hotel, I definetely recommend it.

It's been awhile since I posted but wanted to say congrats to everyone on their new bands and new losses. :hurray: Ya'll are soooo inspiring!!!

I am making my plans for my trip to Colorado! Man....I just can't wait!!! My surgery is on Feb 26 at Parker!!! I start my pre-op on Feb 12th. I agree with ya'll....it's not a hard diet, but Pasta looks soooo yummy. :frown:

We're driving up to Colorado a day before my pre-op appointment. I'm in the Oklahoma City area...it's only about a 9 hour drive for us. Knowing my husband...he'll make it a 6-7 hour drive. We've never been that far north in Colorado before. Any suggestions on things we should see before we leave? I figured we have a few hours to blow before my appointment at 4pm....might as well enjoy it while we're there.

Wooohoo...I'm getting sooo excited!!! I like Banditos! That's cute!

Amie

If you're having your surgery at Parker, the Holiday Inn Select is within sight of the hospital. There is also a Hampton Inn. I work at the hospital and stayed there during the Blizzard of 2006 and it was so comfortable.

If you tell them you're having surgery at Parker Adventist Hospital, surgicenter, they do offer a discount. I'm sorry, I don't know the cost.

Good Luck!

dee~

I watched a good M. Knight Sham. movie so I'm handling the weight gain much better now that I'm chilled.

L.A. how are you feeling?

My girls... I miss you. Thinking of that FIRST Red Robin gathering and how great it was. I hold you all dear to my heart and that moment in time.

Mona you are funny and I love that you write with emoticons like I do. The drool one is my fav.

Mona you are funny and I love that you write with emoticons like I do. The drool one is my fav.

I love all the new emoticons, some of them are too funny. I am very vivacious. When I speak to someone in person, I use a lot of hand motions and facial expressions, so using the emoticons help me convey myself more appropriately.

I hope you fell better soon, it sucks to gain back weight you have lost. I have gained 4 pounds back but I have neglected to update my ticker because I just got my first fill on Wednesday. Since the fill, I am tighter than a toddler's t-shirt on a grown man, so the 4 pounds should come off quickly, along with a few of their friends.

By the way, you are a very beautiful woman. Keep up the great work, you look fabulous.

Hey L.A., I'm sorry you're feeling rough. Maybe you need to be putting Protein Powder in everything you're eating?

OMG!!! I just got home from the ER!!! LONG story short I had Kidney Stones! I have NEVER cried nor been in that much pain in my life, I literally thought I was dying a very painful death. AND the Dr. saw a rash on my back and said it looked like the begining of Shingles!!! GAWD what a day! and I was supposed to be in Winter Park taking my boys snowbording, but instead I was at a park in Denver watching them snowboard (I feel so bad that I had to cut their day short). Thank goodness we didn't go to WP!

I am on morphine and vicodine and something for the rash. But I am at home in my bed with my Buster and hubby trying to relax now.

has anyone ever had Kidney Stones before? I am absolutly terrified of it happening again!

Om gosh Mal. What a bummer. Did it just come on suddenly? I have never had them but one of my friends has frequent bouts with them. Poor girl. I hope you feel better soon! Do they just go away on their own?

Thanks LA~it went from an achy back to full blown "OMG, I'm gonna die" in about 30 minutes! Just barely enough time to load the car (thank goodness my hubby was with us) and head straigh to the ER. The most bizzare and awful experience of my life! I guess it or they have passed through the kidney. I am so scared of not being on the pain medicine, I fear the pain will still be there...

How in the world does your friend live with having this? I want to be on morphine for the rest of my life so that I will never feel that kind of pin ever again!

She has some type of kidney disease and I think she had to have part removed or biopsied? I know she would have several aattacks a year... not sure if she still does.

She also had uterine cancer and went through a lot of chemo and radiation before the finally removed everything. She is one strong cookie. Beat the cancer and is still fiesty and lovable as ever.

I can't imagine dealing with that in a 30 minute span. Yikes. Hopefully when the pain meds wear off, the pain will be gone! :cursing: Then you can go snowboarding! Wheeeee

OMG!!! I just got home from the ER!!! LONG story short I had Kidney Stones! I have NEVER cried nor been in that much pain in my life, I literally thought I was dying a very painful death. AND the Dr. saw a rash on my back and said it looked like the begining of Shingles!!! GAWD what a day! and I was supposed to be in Winter Park taking my boys snowbording, but instead I was at a park in Denver watching them snowboard (I feel so bad that I had to cut their day short). Thank goodness we didn't go to WP!

I am on morphine and vicodine and something for the rash. But I am at home in my bed with my Buster and hubby trying to relax now.

has anyone ever had Kidney Stones before? I am absolutly terrified of it happening again!

Mal,

I'm so sorry! I have never had Kidney Stones, but I've heard that when a man gets them -- that is the closest to the pains of child birth that he'll ever get. I have heard it is horrible painful! AND Mal, shingles are really bad too! That's the worst! Kidney Stones and Shingles at the same time!!! That's really bad! I am so sorry!!!

Take care of yourself Mal, Your kids will understand about their day being cut short -- they love you.

dee~

Mal, I am so sorry you were in so much pain. I have a friend that had kidney stones and he thought he was dying too. I have heard it is the WORST pain you can ever have. The good news is that once the stones pass, the pain usually ends quickly.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.