Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Julie,

I wanted to let you know I lost 4.2lbs.

I weighed on Wednesday morning since I worked Wed, Thurs and Fri nights and knew I'd gain a lot of Water weight with my ankle edema.

Thanks!

I love my daytime job, BUT it pays $10.00 less per hour - which means, I could work 2 night shifts or 4 day shifts a week and make the same money! (night shift has differentials - to make up for the hell of working nights) - so I'm going to quit the day job. I don't have a choice. It will be years before I get back on days. After my daughter leaves for school, I'm going to try to get a traveler's job out of state. I love Colorado, but I hate the winters. I'd love to move to Arizona.

jacking your thread

you could take a travel job in florida i live in west palm beach and we have lots of open spots at my hospital..

jacking your thread

you could take a travel job in florida i live in west palm beach and we have lots of open spots at my hospital..

Hey! You've done great! I love the part on your signature about saving money on make up! HA!

Do you know if they have openings in the NICU at your hospital? I could do Mom/Baby or Neonatal Units Level I,II or III. I'll ask my recruiter if they have a contract with a hospital in West Palm Beach, Florida! THANKS!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

April 1st Challenge

Minidriver ------(Goal -10lbs) biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Lap_dancer-----(Goal -33lbs) biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Deboregon -----(Goal -15lbs) biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Julie.Ann -------(Goal -19lbs) 4.9, biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

PrtyAntOvrYt---(Goal -30lbs) 4.2, biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

BellaPerdente--(Goal -12lbs) biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Lotzasunshine-(Goal -12lbs) biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Jmegirl----------(Goal -15lbs) biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Well, put me down for a big fat zero. I have been a bad, bad bandster. I am falling into some old habits and can't seem to stop. I am eating the wrong foods and snacking waaay to much. I don't know what's wrong with me. :tt2: I am sooo afraid that this will get the best of me and I won't be able to get back on the wagon. That was always my problem in the past. I would lose and then start eating bad again....and you all know the rest of the story. I haven't been exercising either. I have to get control, but I can't seem to do it.:thumbup:

I weigh 213.8 and just in case you didn't notice that puts a bigger number on the left side of my ticker than the right!

I AM OVER HALF WAY TO GOAL and I have lost 50% of my excess body weight! YEAH! I am almost 4 months post-op. I love my band! I hope to be in onderland by April 1 and hit the -100 pounds by my 35th birthday in June!!!!

Thank you guys for you great support.

I thought I was needing a fill. Starting to look for food again betweem meals. Well my hubby broke his foot and will be off of work for a month (surgery yesterday to put a screw in his foot where he broke it) so I don't think I can afford a trip to Denver. What I noticed picking up a few days a clinic for my practicum is that I didn't get hungry between meals. I think I have been fighting that very coniving enemy called head hunger. I'm usually quick to pick up on it, but I think it was sneaking up on me and that's what the problem has been. I thought I was very wise to head hunger but sometimes it is so hard to tell the difference.

So I might not get a fill soon, but I think I will be ok with that. I'll have to see closer to the time if I have any money to go. I was supposed to go two weeks from tomorrow.

Well ladies, my fill has helped (for now) and I'm -2.6 this week!!!! :smile::thumbup:

JulieAnn, just a suggestion that you put a minus (-) in front of our weightloss numbers. Though we hate it, there may be weeks where we :tt2: gain, and we'll need to notate those with a plus (+) sign, so we may as well note the losses with a minus sign! Just a suggestion, you do it any way you like.

I'm just dancing in my chair that I've lost 2.6lbs!!!! :lol::laugh::laugh: I'm really starting to notice a difference in my face and neck/shoulders area. Alas, not much else has changed. All in due time....

Mini:They are steroid injections for bulging discs and other related back pains. I have had one before and it helped tremendously. Hopefully, this will work without having to have a second or third one. Plus I love the percocet!

i used to get those also! it was like an epideral of steroids. so I'm doing a drive by weigh in from my phone while waiting to board my flight. i'm down 4.5. yay! i can't update my ticker but I think my BMI should drop into the overweigfht category. woohoo,

i used to get those also! it was like an epideral of steroids. so I'm doing a drive by weigh in from my phone while waiting to board my flight. i'm down 4.5. yay! i can't update my ticker but I think my BMI should drop into the overweigfht category. woohoo,

YAY Mini! Enjoy Mexico!!!!!

Thanks! BUT I have to be honest, if I had any way of NOT working nights, I would go for it! Money or no money, it's just not worth what it does to your health!

I remember once, I was in Haiti and I choked on something I was eating. It was during a blackout. No lights, only candles and we were eating. I couldn't breath, I couldn't talk and I could feel my fingers tingling. My MIL got up and hit me on the back, up it came and I survived! It was truly the scariest time of my life!

I think traveling would be a blast! I hate to leave the clinic - I love it there, but the money just isn't enough to make my bills if I can truly pick up more hours in the NICU. I have to install my black out canopy when I get home in the am. I was so sleepy driving home this morning, it scared me. My reflexes were very slow and I kept drifting off when I was stopped in traffic. It seriously is just like driving drunk, which I have never done - and I hope to not drive that sleepy again! I was able, thank God to sleep today. I slept about 4 hours. Woke up with the stupid leaf blowers outside my window! DAMNIT! AND then I was able to fall back asleep around 3pm and wake up in time for work at 4pm. Life goes on...

I am with you Deb! I hope for 199 in 09! Hmmm, I wonder if you and I should put that in our signatures!

i would certainly add that to my signature if I knew how to freakin' do these computer antics! Notice I have never had a ticker cuz I am computer illiterate. Unless someone SHOWS me, I am dead in the water!

Well, put me down for a big fat zero. I have been a bad, bad bandster. I am falling into some old habits and can't seem to stop. I am eating the wrong foods and snacking waaay to much. I don't know what's wrong with me. :tt2: I am sooo afraid that this will get the best of me and I won't be able to get back on the wagon. That was always my problem in the past. I would lose and then start eating bad again....and you all know the rest of the story. I haven't been exercising either. I have to get control, but I can't seem to do it.:thumbup:

Bella, don't be so hard on yourself. Gosh, you have lost over 100 pounds in a short period of time. Relax....

Mini, have a great time in Mexico and STAY IN THE Water, just don't consume it!

Julie, put me down for -2.6 this week. Finally headed in the right direction and I start water aerobics on Wednesday.

April 1st Challenge

Minidriver ------(Goal -10lbs) -4.5, biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Lap_dancer-----(Goal -33lbs) biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Deboregon -----(Goal -15lbs) -2.6, biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Julie.Ann -------(Goal -19lbs) -4.9, biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

PrtyAntOvrYt---(Goal -30lbs) -4.2, biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

BellaPerdente--(Goal -12lbs) 0.0, biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Lotzasunshine-(Goal -12lbs) biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Jmegirl----------(Goal -15lbs) -2.6, biggrin.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif, smile.gif

Well ladies, my fill has helped (for now) and I'm -2.6 this week!!!! :lol::smile:

JulieAnn, just a suggestion that you put a minus (-) in front of our weightloss numbers. Though we hate it, there may be weeks where we :thumbup: gain, and we'll need to notate those with a plus (+) sign, so we may as well note the losses with a minus sign! Just a suggestion, you do it any way you like.

I'm just dancing in my chair that I've lost 2.6lbs!!!!

Jmegirl - thanks I forgot. By the time we are done with this everyone will be ready for me to retire from keep score! :tt2:

Hey that is great about your weight loss jaime. Are you noticing alot of difference with your meals?

Everyone is doing great. Thanks for posting your progress. We are only missing 2 for the week so far!

Bella - don't be too hard on yourself. It is a process. Sometimes your body just has to catch up.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hi, guys and gals! I am not a patient of Dr K's, but I have met and spoke with a few of you in the past and you are always so friendly and kind I thought I'd stop by and say hello. I haven't posted on Lapbandtalk in a while so I wanted to start again and get revamped into posting and I know there are many of you in and around my area on this thread so I'd thought I'd stop here first :tt2:

Looks like you are all doing amazing! Just wondering what part of town everyone is in, for those who are around here. And I wanted to say hello to the lovely ladies I met at Red Robin a while back if you are around :thumbup:.

Hope everyone, everywhere is doing awesome today on their band journey. Talk to you guys soon. I really need to reconnect with some people in my area and generally - just anyone with a BAND! Family and friends are trying their best to 'get it' but I knew I could come here for some good conversation !

And congrats on everyone's Valentine's Challenge, that's amazing.

Hi, guys and gals! I am not a patient of Dr K's, but I have met and spoke with a few of you in the past and you are always so friendly and kind I thought I'd stop by and say hello. I haven't posted on Lapbandtalk in a while so I wanted to start again and get revamped into posting and I know there are many of you in and around my area on this thread so I'd thought I'd stop here first ;)

Looks like you are all doing amazing! Just wondering what part of town everyone is in, for those who are around here. And I wanted to say hello to the lovely ladies I met at Red Robin a while back if you are around :(.

Hope everyone, everywhere is doing awesome today on their band journey. Talk to you guys soon. I really need to reconnect with some people in my area and generally - just anyone with a BAND! Family and friends are trying their best to 'get it' but I knew I could come here for some good conversation !

And congrats on everyone's Valentine's Challenge, that's amazing.

Hey Girlie!

I remember you from Red Robin! I'm Dee! We met not that long after your surgery. You look to be doing well! We should be meeting at RR soon. For certain we will be meeting somewhere on the 1st of April since Mini will be here for a conference. You're welcome to join us!

Come here and hang out anytime! We're all in this journey together!

dee~

Hi all,

I haven't been around for awhile. I have been a bit down. For the last few months my abdomen has getting bigger and bigger (right over my belly button) I look pregnant (and I didn't even look pregnant when I was 5 years ago!!! :( ) Anyway, when this started in November I went to see Dr Metz (my surgeon) for a fill and showed him my belly. At first he said he thought it was a big hernia, then he said it might just be "architecture <sp> " of my body, he suggested I go to my pcp to order a CT san. He also told me if I did have a hernia he would not repair it til I got down to a 40BMI.

Anyway... I finally had the CT scan a couple of weeks ago, and my pcp called to tell me I had a very large hernia (no big suprise). I figured I would have to lose about 28 pounds to be at a 40 BMI for the surgery. I knew that was doable in a fairly short amount of time. I was going to see if I could get a paniulectomy done at the same time. I was somewhat excited about possibly having surgery (and this is something for me... seeing how very, very badly the lap band/hernia repair went for me last year) I went to see Dr Metz, and he agreed the hernia is really large. He also told me he would not repair it til I am at a 35 BMI :lol:. This means I need to lose another 60 some pounds. At my slow 1 pound a week average (If I'm lucky) it is going to be over a year before I can have this repair done. I told him it hurts... a LOT (which it does) but he told me getting it repaired any time soon will just cause it to tear again (this is my third hernia in the same place, my surgery was the end of June, and it was back by the end of October ;) I understand the reasoning of him wanting me to be under a 35 BMI, but I am still quite upset and bummed about this whole thing. <sigh>

I am tempted to go to a different surgeon, but....

1) I don't want a non band surgeon poking around in there.

2) I really do believe him when he says it will come back, due to the size of my belly, and I have done some poking around online and am fairly sure my insurance will not pay for a paniulectomy at this time (it seems most insurance companies do not consider recurrect hernias enough to pay for the surgery)

I guess I'll just have to wait and put up with the pain :D

If you're still reading... thanks for listening to my whining :huh2: