Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prettynpink headed to Mexico!

We didn't have to show anything going to Mexico. The car just pulled up to a light, and if it flashed green you got to go through without having to show your passport. On the way back it's typical to be asked on the US side "what was the purpose of your visit?" and you just tell the truth "I had surgery." no biggie.

We didn't have to show anything going to Mexico. The car just pulled up to a light' date=' and if it flashed green you got to go through without having to show your passport. On the way back it's typical to be asked on the US side "what was the purpose of your visit?" and you just tell the truth "I had surgery." no biggie.[/quote']

Are you gone? It was so nice to meet you :-)

Just weighed myself, between the pre op diet snd surgery Friday, I am down 15 pounds. Very motivating :-)

Yay girl. I'm still up 3 lbs from day of surgery. I'm sure it's still bloating. I hope mine goes Down Before travel tomorrow.

Great news that you are both dong well!!!!

In order to get back o m schedule with central time, I woke up 2 hours. Time to leave baby!!!! Tijuana its been real! For anyone interested, I will type more details about the last 4 days with Dr. Garcia, Ready 4 a Change, The Marriot, Florence/Oasis, etc. Thanks for the encouragement and prayers again, I needed all of it.

Ok here is my detailed experience with Dr. Garcia/ Ready 4A Change

I was initially contacted by email to receive a quote from alma with r4ac. She was not pushy at all and answered my questions within minutes. It wasn't until I realized how many people inquired on a daily basis that I was truly impressed with her customer service. She makes it seem as though she has all the time in the world just for you (even on Sunday...sorry Alma) . With something this new and serious I needed someone to be available and she ALWAYS was. Dr. Garcia could have been the best surgeon in his country, but if his coordinators were awful, I would have certainly reconsidered.

Day 1- Marriot Stay

Samuel picked me up on time, even though I missed my first flight. He was still there is less than 20 minutes. We waited for another sleever, crossed the border with no problems, headed to hotel. Check in was seamless and I had a good first night. Within 2 hours of check in I met Rosie, she is very detailed and very sweet also. They are on the ball!

Day 2-3 Hospital

Went to Florence/Oasis by hotel shuttle (Marriot driver was on some Speed Racer juice, Good God they drive horribly). Trip was only about 15 minutes. Within 10 minutes of arrival the so sweet Meli met us. We talked, she gave us the run down and we were in our rooms immediately. Pre op testing began immediately (blood work, urine samples ekg, x-rays). Following that the doctor, who also has WLS comes in to talk about the procedure and answer questions. Following her another doctor who has also had WLS comes on for questions. Paper work, questions...boring stuff. Then in come the man with the Happy drugs plan. He explains that he is the anesthesiologist and he will be by your side the entire time.. then following him....drum roll please....The One The Only DR. GARCIA. He has the sweetest smile EVER. I bet he doesn't have an enemy in the world. He shows the surgery procedure, speaks with you and you're wheeled off. Dr. Garcia called my husband immediately after the procedure. I woke up on my room I met the internist following recovery. YOU WILL SEE THEM ALL THE TIME. A doctor is on staff 24 hrs. He sits at the nurses station.

Day following I had a lot of nausea but the nurses managed the pain and nausea well. Oh yeah...they didn't touch me with a needle until they were confident they could find my vein. One stick folks. They're English at Florence/ Oasis was superb, they work on a tight schedule. They were already doing before I could even ask. I was directly across from the station and can tell you all, I saw with my own eyes, they wash their hands constantly!

PS drain removal feels like a snake in your tummy. Strange but zero pain

Days 3-4

Back to that super comfy bed at the Marriot. Only gripe: I could not get them to connect calls to me on my last night there. Never stayed at a hotel that didn't transfer calls to a room. With the amount of international patients that stay there, they may want to consider a line for incoming calls. Also, didn't sleep much because of banging due to repairs. I got unlucky. All in all the hotel experience was good. However, I wait to get to the hotel to start with gas issues, smh. Not much sleeping.for this girl.

On my last night, Rosie came by with Dr. Luna and he removed my staples, painlessly. I got my paperwork, detailed information about how to eat, and my x-rays.

Day 5 Going Home

Going home started at 6am. We ran.into traffic, crossed the border and I was still 2 hrs early for my flight. Flying home is another long story I won't bore yall with. But, I'm home safe and sound. The Cartel didn't get me and all my organs are still in there. I would recommend Dr. Garcia and Ready 4 a Change to someone I love! The experience was great, I'm so happy I did this for myself. Please PM, or comment any questions. I'm here to help. I remember how much your posts helped me :-)

Thanks a lot, it gets better everyday!

That's awesome to hear and I'm glad your doing well! I will be there to see Dr.Garcia on May 31st.

That's awesome to hear and I'm glad your doing well! I will be there to see Dr.Garcia on May 31st.

Good for you!!! You will not regret it.

I'm with dr Garcia on May 11 ... So he must work out of a few hospitals? I'm going to Mi hospital ... Is the florence one nicer? I guess it must just depend on which day you choose where he's working out of.

Thanks for your play by play (I forwarded it to my dad) I like sending him all the great detailed posts so he knows that I will be safe and everyone is happy with choosing to go to Mexico.

Glad you're doing so well!

Hi!! I am new here...i would like to know if someone can give me a phone number to contact Dr.Fernando Garcia in tiguana...i need to know where to start from. Please help!!!

Call Alma the coordinator or him and she will set it up for you!!! For dr Garcia with ready for a change!!

She is awesome 2107451114