Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New From Ireland

Hi , Tommorow is My day for surgery, I'm quite nervous but also looking forward to it. Not quite sure what to expect as I know everyone reacts differently. I came accross this board looking for some support looks like you are a friendly bunch. This procedure is only available since May in Ireland so not a lot out there at the moment for support. But the surgeon is from France and is very experienced so that at least is good news .

Looking forward to getting to know you all as I start my journey.:rolleyes

Welcome Lori!!!

Yes you did happen upon a really great support site--I have found it invaluable!!!

I hope your surgery and recover are very easy on you. Mine was! Walk a lot, it helps with everything!

Be sure to come back and let us know how you are doing!!! If you have any last minute questions, don't hesitate to ask!!!

Once again---WELCOME!!!

Kat

Thank you so much its good to know there is someone out there I will keep you posted and I thank you for your good wishes. Congratulations on your success Its amazing Looking forward to reporting mine! Thanks agin will get back to you soon

Well I hadSurgery on Tuesday Quite a lot of pain after but feeling better today 2 days post op havent felt much like eating because of anaesthetic

but have had some yogurt and Soup since.

looking forward to recovery and getting back to excercise.

hope all is going well i to have only found this site and its great. I have had my ban on for 6 years and am very happy and hope you will to . We have great banding drs in australia and are very lucky looking forward to hearing about your progress

Thanks everyone for your wishes really excited now and looking forward to discovering the real me that has been hidden for so long.

Top of the Morning to You....sorry I could not help myself..ha! I just wanted to welcome you to Band Land! We are so glad you are here safe and sound with us. You are embarking on a journey that will last the rest of your life and that will give you great joy. Use this site it has been a lifesaver for me! Good luck in every step!

Thanks "Go raibh Mile maith agat."Terrilen you made me smile now am i just being stupid post surgery or is there a trick to having your ticker factory thing working? any help appreciated

Hi ya Lori!

Congrats on having your band fitted :) You didn't have it done in Chimay by any chance?

Witht he ticker, there is a thread that tells you how to do it. I'd try and tell you but pretty hopeless with techno babble. But, all I can say it's actaully easy once you know how! I thinkthe key thing is once you have the link, in your signature you click the image button and place the 'http' in the box that pops up. Hope it helps a little.

Look forward to hearing about your progress

regards

Suzanne xx

Thanks Suzanne Ill try find the Thread or try the sig thing again

I had my Surgery Done in Dublin So at least not too far to travel for fills ect. Where are you from ? Your progress is amazing Im sure 210 will be no Problem by Christmas ..good luck with it Kindest Regards Lorraine

I am sure your loss will be just as good.

It's great that they are doing it in Dublin. The reason I thought it might be Chimay was because one of the ladies, who had the op the same day as me. came from Ireland/Dublin. I remembered her saying that they had only started offering it to Ireland residents earlier this year.

Good luck with the tickerfactory, I think you just need to use the search box and it should bring up the different threads with 'tickerfactory' in there.

So how are you feeling post op? Did you get a lot of gas pain, it amazes me how it varies with each person. I've been far to lucky with this band, I am waiting for something to go wrong lol!

Loriha, Glad I made you smile and I will go do......that......thing ...you said to do... as soon as I figure it out! Ha! I am a blooming idiot on the ticker thing , somehow I did mine and then could never figure out how to change it afterwards..can you say DUH?? So how far from Dublin do you live? I have always wanted to go to Ireland....green is my favorite color! Ha! Hope you are doing okay.

Yeah quite a lot of gas pain under ribs and shoulder but feeling a lot better today where are you from? Im sure at this stage all is well settled and nothing will go wrong did you get a fill yet and do you have to go back to chimay for it? what did your diet consist of after the op.did you have a fill at time of banding how did you find it. so many questions....

Terrilen that thing I said is just the irish for "thank you very much". I wouldn't like you to stress for too long. As for the Ticker i figured it out I think you just redo it when you change info?Maybe there is an easier way.

Im Living in Westmeath approx 60 miles from Dublin. traffic depending 1 hr15 mins to airport. Do you chat in the chat rooms I think I would like that as it is so instant. maybe we could link up there sometime. where are u from? what is your current loss if your ticker is wrong.

Talk soon