Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its been 19 days since I was sleeved. The vets are not joking when they say the first few days are rough. I even stalled my second week. Didn't loose a pound for 9 days. I have lost about 20 pounds to date (no pre-op diet) and 10". It takes some getting used to. Sitting at dinners out watching everyone else eat. Trying to get all the Protein Shakes in ( cant handle Protein powders) and Water. Also trying to get "activity" in. I have anxiety over getting a blood clot (not overly obsessed about it but on my mind) so I try to get walking at the mall in and just did 20 minutes on the elliptical today. My hunger did not go away like some ppl say theirs did. So yes I spend a part of my days hungry. I don't have cravings just feel deprived. Yesterday I ate something I shouldn't have, (chicken jambalaya) I put it in the bullet since I am in the pureed stage.Even still I regretted it after I ate it. I dont think just because you can puree it that it makes it acceptable. Just a bit fills me up. Sometimes I can eat more than 4 ounces. I can def drink just like pre op. Big gulps. Its sounds weird but I feel like as little as I eat I should have lost a little more weight than I have. The scale is not diving down like I thought it would. Yes obviously 20 pounds in 19 days is outstanding. I get it. And I am grateful. I do miss food at times. Usually at night. I miss the comfort it gave me. The feeling of home. Sounds strange but that's the only word to describe it.

I am 14 days out...I completely know where you are coming from...with the comfort and home statement. I live alone. I have told no one about this surgery. It's like my best friend is gone. I haven't craved anything, just the 'companionship' of food...that sounds crazy, I know.

You have done great! I hear you on the shakes; I can't stand them either. I have been lucky so far - no appetite, but unluckily, no thirst, either....I am struggling to drink anything.

We can do this. Just stay positive. Take it one day at a time.

Someone told me or I heard somewhere to make a list of 30 other things you can do to fill in the time when you used to eat and now their is just a void. So maybe like an online class, knitting, read a book, write a book (lol) mosaic tiling, planting flowers, rent a movie etc etc. but you get the idea. I like the possibilities of giving myself a list of things I would enjoy doing or exploring the idea of that I never did before. So If I lived alone as you do that is what I would do. :)

I'm 18 days out. I'm so used to being on liquids that I feel guilty eating food! I baked talapia last night and steamed zucunni and squash for my family. It was so tender I just mashed it with a fork...was so good. I am finding I can only eat about 2 ounces at a time and I'm very full, then 2 hrs later I'm hungry again. Fluids are getting better but still am not getting 64 oz in. My main problem right now is acid reflux. I'm taking a protonix in the morning but wake up at night with a mouthfull of acid. I'm really thinking about taking it twice a day?

I'm 18 days out. I'm so used to being on liquids that I feel guilty eating food! I baked talapia last night and steamed zucunni and squash for my family. It was so tender I just mashed it with a fork...was so good. I am finding I can only eat about 2 ounces at a time and I'm very full, then 2 hrs later I'm hungry again. Fluids are getting better but still am not getting 64 oz in. My main problem right now is acid reflux. I'm taking a protonix in the morning but wake up at night with a mouthfull of acid. I'm really thinking about taking it twice a day?

I felt guilt or weird too about the first cpl bites I took. Same thing about being hungry a cpl hours later. I am taking Famatodine for acid. Works awesome and you can take it twice a day. How much weight have you lost since your surgery?

I've lost 15 lbs since surgery as of Saturday (35 since I started preop). I'm visiting my parents and left my scale at home lol so I'm hoping to add a few pounds to it when I get home :)

I've lost 15 lbs since surgery as of Saturday (35 since I started preop). I'm visiting my parents and left my scale at home lol so I'm hoping to add a few pounds to it when I get home :)

You are about the same as me, my scale bounces although its brand new and expensive ( I hate that! the old scale doesent do that)

But how exciting to come home to those lower numbers! Good incentive to drink tons of H2O now !

My starting BMI was 60.5 and currently 54.3. Seems amazing that number has moved so easily lol. Funny thing is I loved Water and SF kook-aid preop and can't STAND it now... But I am getting it down. I think the surgery effected my taste buds lol.

I was sleeved 2/28 so just about 2 1/2 weeks and same here...I feel do hungry or maybe it my head and I'm sure watching everyone eat fast food around me doesn't help, I'm a tad concerned cause I haven't had any trouble with food or drinks...I've lost 20 lbs although that's good I Derek a tad bit discouraged when people on here lost like 40 I know I know font compare everyone's different but I'm so scared of being a slow loser!! Maybe I should not weigh in everyday today the scale said I gained a pound I've been stressing about it all day!

I was sleeved 2/28 so just about 2 1/2 weeks and same here...I feel do hungry or maybe it my head and I'm sure watching everyone eat fast food around me doesn't help' date=' I'm a tad concerned cause I haven't had any trouble with food or drinks...I've lost 20 lbs although that's good I Derek a tad bit discouraged when people on here lost like 40 I know I know font compare everyone's different but I'm so scared of being a slow loser!! Maybe I should not weigh in everyday today the scale said I gained a pound I've been stressing about it all day![/quote']

Take your measurements!!!!! And yeah. Maybe don't weigh everyday? Lol. So hard not to.