Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PEOPLE WHO ONLY DID 3 day liquid pre op diet

Well your contradicting yourself - I have to have willpower with the sleeve as a tool - assuming I don't - but then saying I shouldn't have it done because I'm not big enough. I didn't get myself as big as you obviously were, so I therefor have better will power than you do. Lucky for me you're not a dr or have any say in what I do

I know that after time your body finds a new way to tell you it's hungry ^ so while you're going through your first stages its easier to stick to the liquid purée diets ... This lady I'm talking with is 2 weeks post op & she's not hungry - yes, for now I realise

I'm not picking on you because I thought it would be fun, but how the heck do you know how you're going to feel as you go through the different stages of post op VSG???? Seriously, I would just think about this before you spent 6g's of your hard earned cake to get radically altered for the rest of your life. I will add one more thing. You look pretty young in your profile pic. Think about being gutted with 85% less stomach when you're 80. For me it was an easy choice. I could have been gutted at 80 or dead by 50.

My goodness! Who in here has any right to judge whether someone else qualifies for or should have surgery. We're all here for support and to share information. Simply appalled right now.

Serious question....do you REALLY believe that you NEED this surgery?

What kind of question is that?! I'm traveling 1000s of miles spending $$ I don't necessarily have to do this .. And have thought about it for years.... I've been on this site for weeks and thought it was a safe place to discus this

Rollagirl, you sound like an immature kid when you keep making personal attacks about how "big I am" or how effed up my liver was, or how I have no will power. Knock off the childish crap and read what I have written. I have not personally attacked you but have questioned your logic and the crappy information you were given.

I'm not picking on you because I thought it would be fun' date=' but how the heck do you know how you're going to feel as you go through the different stages of post op VSG???? Seriously, I would just think about this before you spent 6g's of your hard earned cake to get radically altered for the rest of your life. I will add one more thing. You look pretty young in your profile pic. Think about being gutted with 85% less stomach when you're 80. For me it was an easy choice. I could have been gutted at 80 or dead by 50.[/quote']

Not that I have to further defend myself but I'm 35 this year ... I'd rather die on the operating table doing this than carry on ... I'm an ex amature boxer who's been on and off diet pills for years - by the end of the year no doubt ill be up to 35 BMI .. And as I qualify now I don't want to waste anymore of my life battling this.

What kind of question is that?! I'm traveling 1000s of miles spending I don't necessarily have to do this .. And have thought about it for years.... I've been on this site for weeks and thought it was a safe place to discus this

Just hear me out. I'm not judging.

I was very thin in high school. And after a series of traumas and a bad thyroid condition, I gained over 100 pounds. I also have a food addiction that I have tried to control on my own, to no avail. I didn't want to need this surgery, but I did. A lot of people here have food addictions. And ghrelin or no ghrelin, the only reason we don't overeat sometimes after the surgery is bc of how sick we can get. I just don't want you to be horribly disappointed if you still find it very hard not to eat after surgery even though you aren't technically hungry. You aren't that big, so I don't tho knits out of line to wonder if you need this surgery. Just trying to prevent lifelong regret.

I know that after time your body finds a new way to tell you it's hungry ^ so while you're going through your first stages its easier to stick to the liquid purée diets ... This lady I'm talking with is 2 weeks post op & she's not hungry - yes' date=' for now I realise[/quote']

Some people find that they are still physically hungry after the surgery. There were several posts from such people on these forums.

I say if you are willing to risk being one of those for whom the hunger doesn't shut down, you have thoughtfully decided on this as a true last ditch solution, and you have a doctor willing to do it, then it's clearly your decision to make. After all, I haven't walked in your shoes and I don't know what battles you've fought already. But do take into account the real world scenarios of the people here, please. For all the successes, there are failures and complications that can and have been fatal.

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

rollagirl, let me ask you something. Did you go to an American doctor and inquire about VSG surgery?

Rollagirl' date=' you sound like an immature kid when you keep making personal attacks about how "big I am" or how effed up my liver was, or how I have no will power. Knock off the childish crap and read what I have written. I have not personally attacked you but have questioned your logic and the crappy information you were given.[/quote']

Well obviously your BmI was over 30 or we wouldn't be havin this discussion. I thought we were all in the same boat here .. I have QUOTED a lady who jut had the surgery and ISN'T HUNGRY... It's not crappy information. I KNOW I will have hunger but my point was the liquid diet would be easier to manage after than before. As u said everyone should have to do it. NOTHING TO DO WITH FUTURE HUNGER THE REST OF MY LIFE.

rollagirl' date=' let me ask you something. Did you go to an American doctor and inquire about VSG surgery?[/quote']

I went to a doctor in New Zealand (where I live) where it cost $17000. I was scheduled for July 9th.

I'm not doing this because I want my stomach removed so I don't have to eat anymore ... People chiming in please go read it was a comment about pre op diet and I thought it would be easier only drinking liquids after because u wouldn't have "ravenous" hunger like I do by mid afternoon

What kind of question is that?! I'm traveling 1000s of miles spending I don't necessarily have to do this .. And have thought about it for years.... I've been on this site for weeks and thought it was a safe place to discus this

It is safe, but with such a low BMI, people will ask questions. Here in the US, it's tough to get a doctor to even consider doing a sleeve if you're under 40 BMI, unless you have co-morbidities like diabetes or sleep apnea. Even then, they usually aren't willing to take on someone with less than 35 very often, though I won't say it never happens, of course! That's why you're hearing so much concern. Don't worry, there will still be plenty of support, it's just a bit worrisome :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

It is safe' date=' but with such a low BMI, people will ask questions. Here in the US, it's tough to get a doctor to even consider doing a sleeve if you're under 40 BMI, unless you have co-morbidities like diabetes or sleep apnea. Even then, they usually aren't willing to take on someone with less than 35 very often, though I won't say it never happens, of course! That's why you're hearing so much concern. Don't worry, there will still be plenty of support, it's just a bit worrisome :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST[/quote']

Thank you, just find it odd as I'm sure you've seen me on here for weeks and all of a sudden feel like I don't belong ... I was really enjoying the support. I know I'm on the smaller side - but I still have all the same issues. I will be bigger the longer I leave it - I had a fight last year and was on horrible diet pills for 6 weeks - they are horrible and I'm sick of the yoyoing ... I was up to 92 kgs once off the pills. My moms whole family is obese. And my dads side is large. I don't have genes on my side ... I've put this off for years ... I've made the decision this is what I want