Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PEOPLE WHO ONLY DID 3 day liquid pre op diet

You are obviously the one with the crappy attitude. All I asked is why on Earth would someone with a 30 BMI want to be cut open and have 85% of their stomach removed for the rest of their life. Unless you have some serious medical condition which warrants this surgery, you should really give it some thought. I can't see an American doctor doing this to a person that has a 30 BMI.

I don't know who told you that you don't have hunger after surgery, but you do. It all comes down to how you let your mind handle that hunger.

A lot if us still have hunger. And most of us ate because we wanted to, not because we were hungry... You know when I first had this surgery I likened it to having my "free choice"

Taken away... Because I still really wanted those foods I just couldn't eat them though because of the pain factor...

I think it's really important to say also if you really wanted to you could eat "around" the sleeve after the first month or two.. So it's important to really build up your willpower.. Something I'm still working on..

Also it's not the same - after surgery as u know you don't have hunger which makes it much easier to live on a liquid diet ...

I just wanted to say that this isn't true. I found it important to tell you that because it seems like this is a reason you want the surgery (among others, I'm sure..but I've never lived in your shoes) and I wanted to correct you so that you don't make a decision based in false info.

I know that after time your body finds a new way to tell you it's hungry ^ so while you're going through your first stages its easier to stick to the liquid purée diets ... This lady I'm talking with is 2 weeks post op & she's not hungry - yes, for now I realise

That's fine. But you will want to eat. You just won't be able to. And then one day you will be able to and you will have to choose not to. You will never be able to eat the volume as you could before the surgery. But you can definately eat small amounts many times throughout the day to gain weight. That's why it's a tool. If you want the surgery because you think it's going to take away your hunger and do all the work for you, then you will fail and you shouldn't get the surgery.

You're right Laura. I personally believe that will power is THE absolute most important factor in this whole journey. For me personally, I think that's why I think I have been so successful. I am rigid to a point of craziness sometimes. I have lost 126 lbs in 4 months and a week for a reason. I have stuck to the fundamentals of this surgery and have not wavered off the path even once. Having this surgery is no freakin joke. For a doctor to allow a person with a 30 BMI to do this to themselves is almost criminal in my opinion. Unless again, like I said, they have some sort of serious medical condition which warrants it. (whatever that could possibly be)

My whole hungry point was not for ongoing life but just the debate of getting used to eating less before and after diet - it's very different after - less Ghrelin and less stomach

My whole hungry point was not for ongoing life but just the debate of getting used to eating less before and after diet - it's very different after - less Ghrelin and less stomach

Serious question....do you REALLY believe that you NEED this surgery?