Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you meet your wl goals

Have you met your WL Goals?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Have you met your WL Goals?

• I have met recommended weight range, have a healthy BMI.
    • I have met my personal WL goal for me.
    • I have not me my own or my surgeons goals for me.
    • I am still in progress but can see total success.
    • I have not had any success with the band.

I haven't posted in a long time. I haven't been in to read posts in a long time - probably five weeks or more.

I'm another one that lost well in the first month, and now I've been at the same weight- going up and down 5 pounds, for 2 months.

I'd love to know what you are doing that you have had such success at losing - I mean 70 pounds is so great!

I guess, because of the problems I've had, lots of pb's, sliming, throwing up, burping, farting, and not being able to eat much of anything ... I don't think I would do it again. I guess I need a fill, but I'm not hungry, and I fill up fast.

This feels like all my diets have felt. Like I failed.

I walk every day - 3 times - with my dog.

I know some of what I'm doing wrong, not enough Water, etc ,,,

but I don't really know why I'm not doing well.

Makes me sad ;)

My doctor's goal for me is to get under 200. My goal is to get to 180, have a Tummy Tuck, then see where I am. I'll probably wind up 150-160 -- something like that.

The band was the perfect tool for me. I don't keep it very tight and it turns off the head hunger and the need for mass quantity without limiting the types of food I can enjoy. I'm so thankful for it.

Would like to make this thread sticky so more people can vote. I think its interesting that noone has reached a healthy BMI? I would love to see some more responses, any suggestions? Thanks again, this info is really helpful for me and I hope others as well.

It was tricky answering your questions because....I've reached a healthy BMI, however I am not at my personal goal weight. The thing with your statements are...I can respond to all of them but my response/answer will varies.

1. I have not been recommended a goal weight or weight range...but yet I have met a healthy BMI.

2. I have not quite met my personal weight loss goal that I set out for which changes between 120lbs - 135lbs.

3. I have not met my surgeons goals because he did not set one for me and as far as my own goals, see #2.

4. Yes, I am still in the process of losing and at this point, I believe my banding and WLS is a total success either way (with the loss of 100lbs).

5. Does not pertain to me as I have had success with the band.

Would like to make this thread sticky so more people can vote. I think its interesting that noone has reached a healthy BMI? I would love to see some more responses, any suggestions? Thanks again, this info is really helpful for me and I hope others as well.

The problem is that most people who have met goal don't come on here as aften as they used to, so you might not get the responses you are looking for. There are a few like Telly who still hang around to help us out and give us support. I think I will be able to make a healthy BMI. I am only 6 1/2 months out and have lost 122 pounds. I have no doubts that the band will get me where I need to be.

The problem is that most people who have met goal don't come on here as aften as they used to, so you might not get the responses you are looking for. There are a few like Telly who still hang around to help us out and give us support. I think I will be able to make a healthy BMI. I am only 6 1/2 months out and have lost 122 pounds. I have no doubts that the band will get me where I need to be.

Aww hey Ousooner! Thanks for noticing.

But you are right. Alot of the "goal reachers" just aren't around to answer these good questions. So the poll may not have a good, reliable outcome.

I know how frustrating it was for me to read about people who met goal but they weren't around anymore. Most of the people on here are either concurrent losers, veteran bandsters, newly banded and pre-banded. I had alot of questions for the "goal reachers" but noticed none were around. I've seen some people meet goal during my banding and they are no longer posting. I promised to stick around. As long as I go online and browse the internet, I surely have the time to peek and chime in on the lapband forums.

Though I have some pretty good success with my band, I know that my weightloss is not common with banding, meaning the time frame in which I lost, my fill frequency and the crazy stuff I do. So yeah, I can answer whatever questions thrown my way about the band and my experience but I don't think I will give common responses or answers. Either way, I hope to help where I can.

Thanks again Ousooner.

P.S. - Your weightloss is amazing. 122lbs in less than half a year is remarkable. You have really disciplined yourself. Strong-minded and disciplined.

I have met my original goal of 160, but now that I am there, I would like to lose about 10 more lbs. I think that will be about it for me. I am no longer obese!

I too have a healthy BMI, but am not at the goal I have set for myself. My doctor is totally pleased with my band results. We just talked about the fact that they consider me a great success. I lost more that 80% of my excess weight, that is the goal with the band. I am there, but want to go further. I have another 15 or pounds to go but most of that is skin. It will go when I have the lower body lift next year. ~Mandy

I see where you are coming from. Its almost impossible for me to understand being at a healthy bmi and not being satisfied so I am sure the ? are hard to answer and probably written in the before wl mentality.I just want to get in the range of normal ive been obese for so long. I think maybe the key to losing and maintaing is never being truly satisfied? I really appreciate your thought and answers, you as well as a few other have been SUPER in helping me make this decision. I pray someday I will have the energy and ability to not be happy at the top of my healthy weight range. I also didnt realize all dr's didnt go by the BMI scale, mine does and is more concerned about BMi than # so that is what i assumed most dr's did. Thanks again!

Yet BMI in and of itself means very little. If you're very muscular and fit with lots of weight training, then you are probably going to have a higher BMI because you will weigh more. Just as you can have a low BMI and still be too fat. What you weigh is less important than your body composition.

I'm several pounds below my personal goal. My BMI is now about 26.5ish. Now I want to lose another 10-12 pounds or so. That would put me at a "normal healthy" BMI.

Jacqui, very true. When I found out my bodyfat% I was in awe and pretty excited. BMI does not factor in alot of things that are important in determining a good weight for someone such as muscle mass/muscle weight/Lean.

Bodyfat% is very important. I was 38% body fat @ 240lbs and now @ 140lbs, my % is 25.06 which is "Good or Normal" for my height and age.

Like you said, someone could be 120lbs at 5ft 3in and be very fatty v/s someone at 5ft 3in @ 120lbs with a very lean body. I've seen many people that look skinny but have a belly and love handles, no muscle tone at all so yeah, bodyfat% is important when determining your fitness goals.

I want to thank you all, this is a learning experience for me and I feel more prepared and knowledgable every day. I think when you are starting out just being viewed as healthy is more than one can imagine on any scale, bmi, body fat% etc. I would give anything to be witin normal limits on any of them. I have actually learned more from some of the post than I did from the poll results. Thanks again Telly, you are always full of invaluable info. Keep it up!

I want to thank you all, this is a learning experience for me and I feel more prepared and knowledgable every day. I think when you are starting out just being viewed as healthy is more than one can imagine on any scale, bmi, body fat% etc. I would give anything to be witin normal limits on any of them. I have actually learned more from some of the post than I did from the poll results. Thanks again Telly, you are always full of invaluable info. Keep it up!

You are the best kind of pre-bandster. You ask alot of great questions and you are willing to learn and absorb the info. My only advice is take what you need and carve out what you don't as you probably are finding out on this forum. There's alot of info here...sometimes too much.

Happy, happy , happy! I am 16 months post op and have lost a total of 205 pounds. Goal you ask? I have adjusted my goal three times in the past 9 months, and yes I'm there. I started out with a BMI of 54, and just broke into a 24 BMI. I was at 430lbs. and am 6'3. Currently 225lbs and feel great. I have decided to lose about 5-8 more pounds just to give me a cushion. It can be done, but you gotta do your part too.