Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*So Anxious* Need support and advice! :-)

Lets keep our courage and hopes high! It'll all work out in the end. I only have 2 more months with the PCP, and I already did the psych eval. I just had the Upper GI test, which was totally AWFUL!!! Lol, then the cardiac clearance next month. So, I don't really have that much longer which makes me more anxious and I have all the same concerns that u guys have about getting to the end and getting rejected, that would suck. So I'm praying hard!

I know how you feel! I only have one more Nutritionist visit after Monday and then whatever pre-op things my doc wants. My mind keeps jumping from: What if I go through this' date=' put all my hopes and dreams into this surgery and my insurance does not approve it?!? What if I get the surgery and I don't get the results I need? Can I do a liquid diet? etc, etc, etc. OH and my favorite, what if my insurance stops covering the sleeve and I have to go with something else?

It's nerves, I am doing what my insurance requires. They are not going to change... (I pray!) and it will all work out in the end, but seriously; where is all the courage I started off with?[/quote']

Oh God, I have all those thoughts too, so I just pray them away!!! Keep that courage girl!!! I think I'll go watch the wizard of oz now, lol!!! Keep up the positivity!!!

I have a 6 mos diet supervised "waiting" period too. I am using that time to do research and to make sure I am ready. I am wondering though and am going to ask my dr to submit my papers with every except this and have them say that once i finish the 6 month diet with my pcp will I be approved. I just don't want to get to the 6 month or 7 months out and have them say' date=' wait we also need "whatever". I would rather know now and make sure I have all that in 6 months. I want my surgery in August. So if I have to lose 10% of my weight or 30 lbs whatever, tell me sooner or later.

Good luck and know we are all behind you and are prying with you.[/quote']

It'll go by fast. I've already done 4 months of mine, it seems to be going by fast! And I'm getting mine at St. Francis center for surgical weight loss, and they've done everything for me. They even make all of my appointments. Maybe you should see if there is a center for wls in your area because they are sending the letter for me!

I haven't written any research papers' date=' BUT, I have done some nerdy things too. I have made lots of lists. For example, I made myself come up with 20 pureed foods that I like. :) That's super weird, but hey. Whatever works. I also plan on making a little book for myself. In it, I am going to put a whole bunch of pictures of myself fat, along with some of my lists, (eg. why I hate being fat, and things I look forward to doing when I lose weight). Then, if I have buyers remorse, get discouraged or just start to feel sorry for myself, I am going to take out that book and look at it. I want something to remind me of how I feel now, so I remember why all of this will be worth it.[/quote']

That's such a good idea about the book and the purees!!! I'm gonna do that too!!! And u should probably buy one of those healthy smoothie books. My doctor told me about them!!!

Hello, just had the Sleeve 19th Feb. I started working with my insurance company in March of 2012. I had to lose 10% of my body weight, and also I had to see 3 or 4 doctors for EKG, Stress Test, Diet Doctor, Stomach Scope, and a few other test.They approved me Dec 2012. I planned the date for Feb myself. Needed extra time to get personal things in order. Here is a tip, after you get approved and make you date, enjoy all your favorite foods a week before you start the liquid diet, that way its all out of your system.

I feel sorry for myself knowing I have to drink liquids for 3 days prior ... I don't know how u guys diet for 6 months! Power to you!!

( Mines May 11 hopefully)

Lol, to be completely honest, my doctor never really made me do a specific diet. She just made sure I was on the right track cuz my insurance didn't require me to lose any weight, just the weight loss attempts!

I totally understand. I'm in the same position. I started in December and my insurance required 3 months of doctor visits and meetings with the dietician. I thought I'd be having surgery around now. Then' date=' in January, my company changed insurances. Yippee. The new insurance requires the 6 months thing. I've done 4 of the 6, but I'm discouraged. I wonder if I will get approved. I wonder if this will work for me. It feels like it will never happen, but I am trying to think positive. I am anxious and an emotional eater. I've actually gained weight since December. It's depressing.[/quote']

I was in the same boat, doing mandatory 3 month weight coaching with Insur as last requirement and Insur changed in Jan. I thought I would be having surgery in Jan for my bday 1/11 but it took a little longer. Luckily, surgery wss still covered by new insur and there was just one extra requirement to meet and I got my approval pretty quick after that and had surgery 2/20.