Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*So Anxious* Need support and advice! :-)

I am still pre-op and I'm so anxious. My insurance required that I do 6 months of weight loss attempts with a PCP. I only have 2 more months to go, then they submit for approval!!! **fingers crossed** Can't wait, I feel like I'm about to jump outta my skin!!!

I totally understand. I'm in the same position. I started in December and my insurance required 3 months of doctor visits and meetings with the dietician. I thought I'd be having surgery around now. Then, in January, my company changed insurances. Yippee. The new insurance requires the 6 months thing. I've done 4 of the 6, but I'm discouraged. I wonder if I will get approved. I wonder if this will work for me. It feels like it will never happen, but I am trying to think positive. I am anxious and an emotional eater. I've actually gained weight since December. It's depressing.

I am still pre-op and I'm so anxious. My insurance required that I do 6 months of weight loss attempts with a PCP. I only have 2 more months to go' date=' then they submit for approval!!! **fingers crossed** Can't wait, I feel like I'm about to jump outta my skin!!![/quote']

I know how you feel. I had to do the same thing. It was really good for me...it made me more confident about my decision to go through with the surgery. Now I am almost at the starting line...my surgery date is march 22nd and I am REALLY getting anxious! Hang in there...itll be here before you know it!

Just curious...why did you choose the sleeve over the other methods?

ElaineB- geez, that does kinda suck, but hang in there! Don't let it discourage you, let it motivate you! Easier said than done, I know, but you gotta stay positive!!! It'll work out!!!

I know how you feel. I had to do the same thing. It was really good for me...it made me more confident about my decision to go through with the surgery. Now I am almost at the starting line...my surgery date is march 22nd and I am REALLY getting anxious! Hang in there...itll be here before you know it!

Just curious...why did you choose the sleeve over the other methods?

Yay!!! Congrats, I can't wait to be where you are!!! Please let me know how everything goes!!!

And, I chose bariatric surgery because I'd tried everything else. It wasn't until I talked with my surgeon and he suggested the sleeve that picked it. And ur right, these last couple of months have been good for me, I've done so much research and even a 5 page paper about the pros and cons for one of my classes! Lol, and even with all the research I've done, I haven't run across anything that scared me. I am ALL positive and ready to go. And thank u so much for ur encouragement, whether u know it or not, those little boosts help a lot!!! :-)

Thanks for the encouragement. I know it's going to be worth it. On the plus side, we will have 6 months to lose weight before New Year's! It's fun to think about what I might be able to wear by then. Are you nervous about how things will be after the surgery? In a way I am, but I'm more feeling like, "Bring it on." I'm totally over being like this and am so ready for a new way of living. I just really need this kick start. What are you most anxious about?

Yay!!! Congrats' date=' I can't wait to be where you are!!! Please let me know how everything goes!!!

And, I chose bariatric surgery because I'd tried everything else. It wasn't until I talked with my surgeon and he suggested the sleeve that picked it. And ur right, these last couple of months have been good for me, I've done so much research and even a 5 page paper about the pros and cons for one of my classes! Lol, and even with all the research I've done, I haven't run across anything that scared me. I am ALL positive and ready to go. And thank u so much for ur encouragement, whether u know it or not, those little boosts help a lot!!! :-)[/quote']

That's great! I didn't go that far...but I definitely became more aware of my situation after having completed it. I first decided to do lap band and then Friday I requested to change the procedure to vs. Right now im just stressing about the recovery time because i need to return to work asap...Its funny that throughout this whole process, I have been so eager to get to this step and I havent been nervous at all. Now that its becoming more real and i now know thats its really going to happen...I am becoming a little anxious and full to the brim of questions. So happy we have this site!! So ready to get this over with so I know the unknown lol!

< ElaineB> I'm so happy that we can encourage each other!!! I'm not afraid of the surgery, since the sleeve is a little less invasive people on YouTube say they didn't have much pain. But I reeaaallllyyyy hate hospitals! Haha!!! I'm not real crazy about the gas and nausea that comes afterward, but apparently it doesn't last long at all!!! And YES, I can't wait to wear one of those "itty bitty, teeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikinis" lol

<KimmieMarie> lol, I know I kinda went rogue with the research, but I'm OCD like that!!! And I am too happy we have this site, this is my first day and I luv it so far!!!

I hear ya on the hospital part! I want to get in and get out!

I have a 6 mos diet supervised "waiting" period too. I am using that time to do research and to make sure I am ready. I am wondering though and am going to ask my dr to submit my papers with every except this and have them say that once i finish the 6 month diet with my pcp will I be approved. I just don't want to get to the 6 month or 7 months out and have them say, wait we also need "whatever". I would rather know now and make sure I have all that in 6 months. I want my surgery in August. So if I have to lose 10% of my weight or 30 lbs whatever, tell me sooner or later.

Good luck and know we are all behind you and are prying with you.

This is my first day as well. The mire info you know going into it the better. From what I have been reading on here, many people hate the Protein suppliments and arent getting enough fluids...those seem to be the most crucial parts of the recovery. Thankfully...i found a Protein Shake that i really love!

I know how you feel! I only have one more Nutritionist visit after Monday and then whatever pre-op things my doc wants. My mind keeps jumping from: What if I go through this, put all my hopes and dreams into this surgery and my insurance does not approve it?!? What if I get the surgery and I don't get the results I need? Can I do a liquid diet? etc, etc, etc. OH and my favorite, what if my insurance stops covering the sleeve and I have to go with something else?

It's nerves, I am doing what my insurance requires. They are not going to change... (I pray!) and it will all work out in the end, but seriously; where is all the courage I started off with?

I haven't written any research papers, BUT, I have done some nerdy things too. I have made lots of lists. For example, I made myself come up with 20 pureed foods that I like. :) That's super weird, but hey. Whatever works. I also plan on making a little book for myself. In it, I am going to put a whole bunch of pictures of myself fat, along with some of my lists, (eg. why I hate being fat, and things I look forward to doing when I lose weight). Then, if I have buyers remorse, get discouraged or just start to feel sorry for myself, I am going to take out that book and look at it. I want something to remind me of how I feel now, so I remember why all of this will be worth it.

I know how you feel! I only have one more Nutritionist visit after Monday and then whatever pre-op things my doc wants. My mind keeps jumping from: What if I go through this' date=' put all my hopes and dreams into this surgery and my insurance does not approve it?!? What if I get the surgery and I don't get the results I need? Can I do a liquid diet? etc, etc, etc. OH and my favorite, what if my insurance stops covering the sleeve and I have to go with something else?

It's nerves, I am doing what my insurance requires. They are not going to change... (I pray!) and it will all work out in the end, but seriously; where is all the courage I started off with?[/quote']

Just be patient. I know that it's difficult but it comes before you even know it...i feel like I just started all of this. I had to go through the same process.