Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would like to add some friends with the surgery date the same as mine so we can help each other in our journey! 4 days pot op and feeling almost human with some energy today. The worst couple of days were def the hardest with gas pain n back and shoulders! Not hungry at all but would love a bannana!!!! Anyone else have an odd craving?

Had mine march 8 also.Today was the first time i was able to keep down anything but Water. Had some Tomato Soup and am now working on a Protein Shake. I am craving tuna salad. And ya, the first couple days were bad. I even was wishing i hadnt done it. I was in hospital until Sunday night. I wasnt using hardly any pain meds. I thought i would feel better quicker if i wasnt doped up. Plus they really knock me out. But i gave in yesterday. Between the pain meds and nausea meds, i am much better today, even if i am sleeping most of it away!

I had mine a day before you ladies. March 7th. Day 5 for me is today and it has been the turning point. I feel really good. Gas pains in my back and shoulders have subsided to a minimum. I think I want to try so some creamy Soup a little later. I was feeling like a knot in my chest everytime I swallowed - between my breast bone and that has gone too. So I am getting in way more liquids.< /p>

I had mine a day before you ladies. March 7th. Day 5 for me is today and it has been the turning point. I feel really good. Gas pains in my back and shoulders have subsided to a minimum. I think I want to try so some creamy Soup a little later. I was feeling like a knot in my chest everytime I swallowed - between my breast bone and that has gone too. So I am getting in way more liquids.< /div>

I was sleeved on the 8th. I pray the pain when I swallow will go away soon. I'm def not getting enough liquids in. I went in for surgery on Friday the 8th and didn't come home till Monday afternoon. Had some terrible nauseousness. Starting to feel pretty week, haven't had anything bit Powerade zero and sugar free Popsicles.

Had mine on the 7th the gas pains have subsided a bit just feel a little discomfort inside idk if its just bruising. Also did u take off the bandages yet from the incisions made?

Lady I sure hope u r feeling some better today. I'm sorry u have had a rough start, but as we know it will get better. Hang n there. Newme, I also had that knot in my chest when I swallow, still do a little....... Ate some creamy Soup yesterday and it was sooo good! St2011 bless your sweet heart! I had a good friend that had a lot of that but was good after about a week. Sip sip sip and it will pass soon! Jennifer, they used glue like stuff on mine so no bandages. Today has been a good day for me. Hoping to get more liquids in. Not been hungry at all which is a good thing lol. Thinking day 5 is a new start!!!!! Hope everyone is feeling better and God bless each of u!

THe pain when you swallow will subside. I still feel it a little bit day 6 but not too bad. I do have gas still but no where near what it was. I have to focus on sip sip sipping I am not getting enough liquid. I did eat about 4 ounces of greek yogurt this morning. It does get better everyday.

Hi all, I'm new to this, too. Had my surgery on March 7, and really no big problems. I made sure they kept giving me anti-nausia medicine in the hospital and they gave me a perscription for pain and anti-nausia to go home with. However, haven't had to open them at all. I had the pain between the breasts off and on - guess it is heart burn for a couple of days, but nothing really bad. Love Fruitopia yogurt (peach or the strawberry) with the unflavored Protein added. Actually had broccoli and cheese Soup yesterday at Panera bread. I had 1/2 cup while there an the other half about 2-3 hours later. Let's hang in there!

Great Beth! Glad u r doin so good! Still just a little swallow issue or feeling like a knot n my chest but as new me said, it soon should pass! I was able to blend a tad of Greek yogurt in my Protein Shake today and it was sooooooo good! Does anybody else have a chatty belly?

Had mine march 8 also.Today was the first time i was able to keep down anything but Water. Had some Tomato Soup and am now working on a Protein shake. I am craving tuna salad. And ya' date=' the first couple days were bad. I even was wishing i hadnt done it. I was in hospital until Sunday night. I wasnt using hardly any pain meds. I thought i would feel better quicker if i wasnt doped up. Plus they really knock me out. But i gave in yesterday. Between the pain meds and nausea meds, i am much better today, even if i am sleeping most of it away![/quote']

That's too funny! I was sleeved on the 8th also, and for some reason the thing I'm really looking forward to eating when I can is tuna! I like tuna, but never thought it would be the thing I was looking forward to.

Seeing all these issues with swallowing, I'm actually a little concerned that I don't have any. Fluids are going down pretty easily. I'm still drinking slow, but could drink faster if I wanted. My doctor fixed a fairly large hiatal hernia, so maybe that has actually helped my swallowing? I don't know.

Bigdaddyjoe me too!!! I'm not having any problems! I'm able to get my Protein in and some liquids! Currently having onion Soup broth. I was sleeved on march 6 and I feel like when is the hard part coming????

I was sleeved march 8 too!! I'm feeling good, I'm getting about 20-30 oz of fluids. I ate cream of chicken this morning, watered down. And then I had about 1 teaspoon of sugar free pudding for lunch. It just weird because I can't tell when I'm full, or even when I'm hungry. I feel alot of bubbling like, gas, just not sure if its hunger or gas. Lol.

Stephanie

Bigdaddyjoe me too!!! I'm not having any problems! I'm able to get my Protein in and some liquids! Currently having onion Soup broth. I was sleeved on march 6 and I feel like when is the hard part coming????

Oh, I definitely feel like the hard part was the first 24 hours. Things get better and easier every day. I'm loving chicken or beef broth. I'm not liking the taste of my Protein shakes (I liked them before surgery), but am forcing them down.