Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Older looking than a rock singer...turkey neck

Not a rant...

post-20464-1381366371658_thumb.jpg

Here I am with Peter Noone, lead singer for Herman's Hermits. He is one year older than me, 65, he's a rock singer,(notorious for hard living), and he looks younger. Granted, he didn't balloon up to 330+ pounds and then lose it in a year, get treated for prostate cancer, and he has a ton of make-up on, but..dang!

The biggest difference is the turkey neck..gobble, gobble.

I am glad my wife loves me whether my neck flaps in the wind or not. I have no desire to blimp it out again with fat globules. Surgery is out of the question at this time. I just have to lay low at Thanksgiving. :unsure:

Well, you don't look older than Keith Richards or Mick Jagger!!

The Surgeon General should put a picture of Richards on cigarette packages as a deterrent!

G man you don't look 64 , and you are a rockstar to us!! Grey hair=crown of wisdom

*sneaks into vets room* Oh hush Gman, you look great! *runs out!*

I think that Peter Noone guy needs to lay low at thanksgiving! (And the rest of the year) you look awesome Gmanbat! And you don't need makeup!!

Makeup on a man... And in broad daylight! Yuck!

I don't even wear it and I'm a girl!

Anyway your hot he's not!! :P

I have to laugh. A few years ago my girlfriends and I went to see Crosby, Stills & Nash in concert. We noticed ALOT of older people in the audience. The only people without grey or white hair clearly used Clairol products!!

We saw a group of people on the lower level being wheeled in as well and a fair share of walkers, canes, etc.

We looked at each other and started laughing...and said Dang there's a whole lotta really old people here tonight....everyone but us!!

Ok, we're approaching our 60's these days, but funny how our own perception of ourselves was still that of being young and hip.

I tell my grandson that I'm fresh, young and hip. He tells me I'm just an OLD GRANNY.

I think I'm both :P

Hehe. I remember when I had my son, I had to attend a informational class about amniocentesis

I walked in and saw a bunch of OLD pregnant women.... And then realized OMG I'm here too. I'm one of them!!! 0_o

My Nana used to always tell me "Laura I am the same girl I was before but now when I look in the mirror an old woman looks back at me"

Gman you look so good!!! You are a rock star!!!

Darn, you guys are making me feel good!

I might have to contact the members of my old rock band, The Spyders, and get the band back together!

We might have to rename it though, ....The Spyder Veins? B)

Who is Herman's Hermits, & Crosby Spills & Nash?

Naww, you look good gman . . . i understand the turkey gobble though, have it myself as well as major loose skin on tummy and legs. . . but hey nothing duck tape can't cure right! hahahaha. . . like yourself, as long as my hubbie loves me how i am, i'm happy as a clam. . . . yuuuuummmmm claaammmmsssss..... runs out for lunch

I think you look pretty damn good! I am 34 and I have a bit of a turkey neck from losing weight...as well as turkey breasts, turkey thighs, turkey wings....you get the picture, or maybe you might not have wanted it!!HA!

GMan, you are looking great. Truly. (And I didn't say "you look great... for your age - because you look great for any age!). The look of healthy and fit is recognizable whether or not there is some little bit of extra skin here or there. I am working on getting rid of my extra skin, but even if I kept it all I'd be thrilled with the transformation. And you and your wife have a lot to be thrilled about, too!

Gman, you have been an inspiration for many of us in the last 6-12 months. You have done so well supporting others with your advice. And from one guy to another, ii think time treats you well. Keep on fighting the good fight.

I also think you look great! I should think the Keith Richards could get the best cosmetics fixes that money can buy and that guy is UGLY and has always been skinny (I am sure the heroin and cigs helped with that!).