Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help from men that have been sleeved

I got sleeved 4 days ago. I'm getting in my 64Oz. of Water daily, and peeing every 3 hours or so. I am having problems urinating. My "stream" is not very strong, and when I push hard, it feels as if something inside my "weiner" moves. I know it's a result of the catheter, but wanting to make sure it is normal & will go away. When?

jason317,

I am not a man, but I am a nurse. Few questions: Are you having any pain when you urinate? Are you noticing any foul odor or blood when you urinate? Do you have any history of prostate problems? If no to all of those questions I would say that you are most likely fine, keep drinking your Fluid as you have been, if the problem continues call your doctor to have a urinalysis done.

I was sleeved just over 4 weeks ago and have noticed that even though I drink atleast 2 liters a day that I do not urinate nearly as much as I used to, nor is the "stream" as flowing as it used to be. You are only 4 days out and there will be many fluid shifts in your body over the next week or so. I am assuming that things will improve, but like I said if not contact your doctor.

Good luck! And Congratulations on a new begining!

Anesthesia affects us for about a week or so... It makes our bladder and bowels sluggish

No pain, no blood or foul odor, & never had any prostate issues.

I got sleeved 4 days ago. I'm getting in my 64Oz. of Water daily' date=' and peeing every 3 hours or so. I am having problems urinating. My "stream" is not very strong, and when I push hard, it feels as if something inside my "weiner" moves. I know it's a result of the catheter, but wanting to make sure it is normal & will go away. When?[/quote']

I'm having precisely the same issue...4 days out from surgery, and it is really hard to urinate. It's in there, in my bladder, it wants to come out, but it's like there is a clothespin on it or something! I'm hoping that its the after effects of a catheter, the anesthesia, and some dehydration. Des anyone have a rough idea or experience indicating when ill be able to pee normallly? I had no trouble peeing in the hospital, in fact I about filled a half-gallon container.

I think you should get tested for a urinary track infection. The catheter actually can cause this and then since your urine is sitting in your bladder longer because we are not peeing like we used to it can harvest bacteria. Don't wait to long to call your Dr. Because bacteria can spread to kidneys.

I am not saying you have one but it sounds like you have some of the symptoms and its better to be safe than sorry. Best of luck.

I tried the warm shower and that did the trick. I don't have any other symptoms besides just feeling weak in the bladder, but since the shower worked I'm thinking it is likely still residual after-effect of the anesthesia.

As long as you don't submerge your incisions you might try sitting in a shallow warm bath. My uro recommended that for me and it helped.