Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Well, I made myself get going on my four mile walk today. It seemed for the past week I've been extra tired and haven't had the extra energy. Not to mention we are think with smoke here, having numerous big forest fires so it stinks out there. But I did it and I feel GREAT!!

So all you out there who are struggling with the exercise today...get after it. You can do it!

I've been waiting on you to get back!!! I posted a few days ago that I couldn't wait for you to get back so you could tell us about your trip. Tell me all about it!

Hi Tonya ~

I am sorry I wasn't able to get back with you before you left. Now it is Tuesday so that means you are enjoying a beautiful day at sea and will be in Jamaica tomorrow!!! :confused:

I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back . . . We went to Dunn's River Falls and to Dolphin Cove and swam with the dolphins in Jamaica and had a wonderful time. (Except for when I fell about 25 feet down the falls - I am still waiting for THAT video to surface on YOU TUBE! :phanvan )

In the Cayman Islands we went to 7-Mile Beach and rented Jet-Ski's. My husband and son snorkled there and also at Eden Rock and our day in the Cayman's went by wayyyyy tooooo fast. I would love to go back to the Cayman Islands and just stay there for a few days.

In Cozumel the boys did another snorkeling excursion and my daughter and I just shopped and ate lunch at Senor Frogs.

We had so much fun on this trip and will definately do it again!

We had the neatest waiter and the most awesome cabin staff. We were on the SPA deck, 11. Where was your room? Wasn't the ship awesome?

The husband and I got hot stone massages the last day and I had a deep tissue facial. It was wonderful and I didn't want to come home!

I hope you are having a wonderful time and am anxious to hear about it when you get home.

Lynn

Tooslow Banded Jan 30,2007

Thanks for the answers. What kind of Biotin do you buy? I am just taking a one a day hair Vitamin from wal-mart.

Welcome Tooslow. I'm sure when Tonya/Sunshine gets back from vacation she will put you on our list. How has the journey been for you?

I went in for another fill yesterday and the Dr. was actually pretty pleasant. He wasn't much for personality but I was in rare form and being silly so I got him engaged!! He did check the saline levels and said it was all there. My weight loss was 10 pounds since my last fill in late may, he was pleased, but I want more!! I'm up to 7ccs...and I suspect that future fills will be done in fractions. But hopefully this will be the one and I can just drop some weight without struggling like I've been for the past four months.

Hit the road again today...how are all you doing with your exercise?

Glad to have you joining our group Tooslow!

Has anyone's doctor said no lettuce? Met a lady tonight who has also had lapband (I think she'd lost like 150 pounds in 16 months or something like that!) anyway, her doc said no pop, which I'd heard. But she also said no salads because the lettuce could turn just right and block the opening! I don't think I've read anything like that on here.

O.K....new NSV's....besides being able to fit in every ride at Worlds of Fun last week, and being called skinny (again!!) and having people do double takes and say things like, "almost didn't recognize you!!"....another huge NSV was the fact that I was at Target last week, bought a size 24 pair of short, after wearing it for about 30 minutes I had to get a belt.....I can pull them off without unbuttoning them! So today I went back to Target and bought a size 20....they fit! O.K. a little snug but after I wear them around the house I'm sure they'll be perfect!!! I love my band!!

5jacks,

That is terrific. What a great thing for you. I find this band to be a miracle.

Hi everyone! I've been offline for a little while, but boy do I need to be back here! I'm still on my plateau, but I did get another fill and I feel like I'm in a good spot. I'm still struggling with exercise, but seeing Tonya's pics really makes me feel motivated!

I have a support group meeting tonight -- thank God. They always seem to roll around just when I need a little nudge back on track.

You all have been doing great! It took me forever to catch up on these posts! I gotta get here everyday to keep up with everything!

Where is everyone? Sunshine when do you come back to keep this post moving??!!!!!!

Helloooooo, is anybody out there!!!???????

Some of us are still plugging away here...but it appears we don't do so well without Tonya. Hope she is having a marvelous time on her cruise. I am going to be gone next week through part of the following week, so others will have to keep the posting up!

We need people to post and keep us updated. It really does help all of us and keeps us motivated. Please take time to check in and let us all know how you are doing!!

My fourth fill was tuesday...7cc's in a 10cc VG band. Feeling great about it and it has slowed me down..which I really needed. I'm hoping I will see some weight drop off rapidly for a while. I want that 50# marks soooo bad! 4-6 to go depending on what the Dang scale says!

I'm here! Not much to report.

Has anyone ever noticed that you take so long to eat something that it eventually goes cold and is no longer appetizing? I was trying to eat a chicken breast stuffed with cheddar and broccoli today, and I only managed about 4 bites before it was gross and cold. I think this is why is pisses me off to cook anymore. It just doesn't seem worth the $$ for this stuff when I can only manage a few bites and I can't do leftovers because the meat is too dry! ARG!!

Hope y'all had a good Friday!

Hi,

Thought I'd check in since I haven't done it in a long time. I seem to be going SO slow with any weight lost. Eatting way too many carbs, still eat at times when I'm not hungry, but at Christmas I weighted 275 pounds. Today I weigh 235. I've got to start exercising... still haven't done hardly any since surgery.... keep thinking how much I need to but just haven't done it. Checking in here gives me encouragement. I find myself thinking that just because I eat such smaller portions it should be okay, but I've got to start making better food choices. I'm going to start doing that starting RIGHT NOW!

I'm here! Not much to report.

Has anyone ever noticed that you take so long to eat something that it eventually goes cold and is no longer appetizing? I was trying to eat a chicken breast stuffed with cheddar and broccoli today, and I only managed about 4 bites before it was gross and cold. I think this is why is pisses me off to cook anymore. It just doesn't seem worth the $$ for this stuff when I can only manage a few bites and I can't do leftovers because the meat is too dry! ARG!!

Hope y'all had a good Friday!

Absolutely!!!! I have always been one of those kind of people that like my food really hot. Now 9/10ths of everything I eat is cold. Never thought I would see that happen since the invention of the microwave!

Never thought I would see that happen since the invention of the microwave!

That's the thing too! I would get up and reheat, but then it would be too dry!

Hiya Patsy,

I think we all struggle with making good choices and certainly the exercise component. I do good for a while then fall off. When I get a fill that sort of gets me going again and keeps me on the straight and narrow. I do believe that exercise is necessary for WL. And I truly believe that it needs to be a part of our lives. I would bet that if you started something, like walking, and did it consistenly for 3-4 weeks, then you'd come to at least enjoy it when you're doing it. I started getting up early..5:30 and going and I do enjoy it.

I struggle with portions. I sometimes have to get out the salad plate and use that to keep my portion sizes right. I generally always eat my Protein first, but old habits..a bite of meat, a bite of veggies, a bite of carbs. Never eat all the meat first...then veggies, then carbs.