Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Sherilyn,

Have you been drinking your Water? Have you been able to go to the bathroom okay? Are you constipated? Sorry to get so personal but I had the same problem with nausea about 9 days after surgery. I was admitted to the hospital to get hydrated because I had been vomiting. They found out through xrays that I was constipated and gave me a laxative. also had a lot of air/gas in my colon. Do you also feel chilled? Tell the dr. about your whole picture, not just the nausea.. Hope this helps, sorry to be so graphic, just thought you needed to know.

Hi Imsusie,

No worries about being too personal on THIS forum!

I'm not having a probelm with going to the bathroom at all. Yes, still a ton of gas bubbles coming up.

I don't think I'm dehydrated, I'm getting in plenty of liquids; other than today where I have no energy to drink...but I'm trying!

Doc did call me back - pissed me off big time actually. He actual comment to me was "Well, why didn't you call the original doctor that gave you anti-nasea medication, instead of calling me, if you don't think this is surgery releated'. I was so taken back. I said, "Ok you're right - no problem". Now - it could be me, b/c i'm having a bad day - but I thought his comment was rude. If he was going togive me the RX anyway - why make the comment?? He is foreign, from Russia; so maybe it's something culteral - I don't know. At this point, I don[t have the engergy to even put into it. I got the RX; what I wanted - now I'm happy. I meet with him for my 2 week on 2/14. Maybe I'll bring him a Valentines heart. lol

Hey all...just checking in. It's been about a month, 19 lbs, no pre-op diet, so I can't complain. I have my first fill on Wednesday, and I am a little freaked out. I should be medically cleared by the doctor then too. I haven't been working out at all, and really look forward to going back. I have been trying a bunch of different things, especially soy products. I absolutely love soy chicken nuggets.

Catching up on some of the posts, it is good to hear how well everyone is doing. Hopefully we will all be in sexy 2 pieces this summer. As I tell people at work, I'm gonna be in a bikini this summer, I might not look good in it, but I WILL be in it lol.

I was banded January 18, have been on solid foods for 3 days. The scales are driving me crazy!!!! Clothes are fitting better a lot better, rings are loose, watch twists on my arm, people can't beleive how much better I look.......all good things! Problem is, the scales say I'm gaining. Is this happening to anyone else and can anyone explain why a person can lose so many inches but gain weight? Don't even know what to tell as a loss total, it fluctuates from 14 - 20 pounds on any given day!

Hi! I would try to stay off the scales if I were you. The weight gain that you are experiencing is probably due to Fluid imbalance/redistribution. My doctor said not to pay attention to the scale until after you get a fill. He said that your body needs a good 6 weeks to heal itself. It sounds like you are doing well. I am only 6 days post-band. I am so tempted to get on the scale,but at the same time kind of afraid. I lost 16lbs on the pre-surgery diet. I hope I've lost more despite of what my MD says about the 1st 6 weeks being a time for healing and not weight loss. Best of luck to you-Gigi:)

OK checking in for the day..went back to work, it was hard because my bra was rubbing on my rash and stab wounds, so I took it off mid day~ I was wearing a button down shirt and a sweater so it wasnt obvious..the oral surgeon I work for told me the rash may have been from the surgical solution they slather you in, then when they put on the surgical drape it "burns" your skin slightly..it is getting better, but still itchy if I get sweaty there..I am more and more hungry, but trying to keep it to three meals a day and lots of liquids. I have never felt like pb'ing at all, and never have felt really uncomfortable..I am sure I could scarf three peices of pizza if I had the chance:heh: , but I just keep thinking I didnt pay that much money to cheat, so I am following my doctors orders to the T..he only has you eat two ounces at a sitting after the one week post op...and you are eating like you are restricted, but youre not..I think it is a mental thing..anyway, I am bound and determined to do this thing right..someone asked me if I went to a superbowl party yesterday! yeah right, cant eat, cant drink, I DONT THINK SO>>>

so I took a benadryl, womens one a day(I take em at night, so they dont bother me as much) and a vicoden because work made me a little ouchy..and I am going to bed to watch tv...keep up your spirits, gals..we can do it~ if I can cut back on eating, ANYONE can, for real..I have a voracious appetite, and Im doin it~ooh yea, and my creation today was campbell bean Soup with some Tomato juice, blended, heated, then some cheese on top;;;yum

At this point, I can eat anything and everything and not feel full. I know a lot of people are having the same issue but my question is is it possible to stretch your stomach at this point?

<!-- / message -->

I emailed my nutritionist with the same question. She basically said that the quantity of food before your first fill varies because you will not have the same feeling of fullness you have after a fill. Don't be concerned about stretching the pouch but you do want to limit the amount of food you eat to make sure you lose weight and to prevent any concern of overeating and vomiting.

Hi!! I am just checking in this evening!

Today was a good day!

Breakfast: 3 eggs with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, 4 cold cuts sauteed and salsa (about 380 calories)

Lunch: 1 small can of sardines and a dollop of hummus (about 250 calories)

Snack: 10 almonds ( about 100 calories) and 1 Laughing Cow cheese

Dinner: 1 sirloin steak hamburger patty with cheddar cheese melted on top (about 400 calories)

Calories: about 1150 ish

Exercise: elyptical machine for 30 minutes

Supplements: 1 tbsp. Glacial Milk, 1 Biotin, 1 QuickSlim30

Liquids: 64 ounces of crystal light (watered down with Pure Lemon )

Good morning everyone,

Well, I'm glad to see that most are doing well. To those who aren't, I hope you feel better soon. Audree, I love the fact that you post your menu for the previous day. It helps those who are behind you to see some of the possibilities.

As for me, my doctor's office...as I mentioned before, had me on 2 weeks of liquids at 4 oz per meal, for 6 meals. Then I went to 2 weeks of mushies at 4 oz per meal, for 6 meals (which I'm finishing up). Then this Friday I move to 2 weeks of soft food for 4 to 8 oz per meal, for 3 meals and one snack if needed. After which I move to solids, amount as tolerated, 3 meals only. I'm allowed a snack if I truly feel that I need it.

Well, had my check-up. I'm doing good, he said the incisions were healed up nicely. I go back in 3 weeks for my first fill on Feb. 26. I'm down another 7 lbs, for 17 in total. I wanted a little more, but I'll take what I can get. :)

How's everyone else doing?

I was banded January 18, have been on solid foods for 3 days. The scales are driving me crazy!!!! Clothes are fitting better a lot better, rings are loose, watch twists on my arm, people can't beleive how much better I look.......all good things! Problem is, the scales say I'm gaining. Is this happening to anyone else and can anyone explain why a person can lose so many inches but gain weight? Don't even know what to tell as a loss total, it fluctuates from 14 - 20 pounds on any given day!

HIDE THE SCALES! Remember this is the time for healing, so just focus on eating right. I made the mistake of getting on the scales yesterday to find I'm up 1 lb. I am having my family hide them from me again. This time, I will not get back on them until my 6 week check up - March 1.

Please add me to the list. My husband and I were both banded on January 18th by Dr. Malley. Hello all! :biggrin1:

I've added you to the master list! Welcome!

Has anyone read the book - "Weight loss surgery for Dummies"? I just bought it off Ebay and it is really informative. It takes you thru the entire process from approval with insurance companies, to dealing with appeals (even has sample letters) to after the surgery and how much you should be eating with each stage. It seperates the Rxy from Lap-band so it is very helpful. It also talks about dealing with head hunger.

Hey Sunshine2, Yes - I bought it and read it over the holidays - I thought it was fabulous!

Today is another not so good day, still feel 'very sluggish' for 2nd day in a row. I am not hungry and definately not thirsty - so today will be a huge struggle for me. I have everything ready for me to eat and drink - but I hate forcing it all. Thank goodness for my Protein bullets...I can get all my protein in just 6 oz. of liquids! Still not the best way...but I'm not feeling it at all. Don't know if its just mental, or if I'm physically not hungry.

Read BGB post that she ate three eggs! I think I would die at that point - I can't even eat 1/2 cup of Soup now, w/o putting it down and being 'done'. This part has to get better for me, or I won't be healthy.

Still Debbie Downer today, sorry folks!

Hi, All. Today is really hard. I am so hungry I could eat a horse. I am trying to drink Water instead of eating, but it is not very satisfying. I have 4 more weeks til my first fill. Argh!

Please add me to the list. My husband and I were both banded on January 18th by Dr. Malley. Hello all! :biggrin1:

Lisa,

This is Lisa that had surgery the same day as you. Glad to see you on here!! Hope you guys are doing good. When do you go in for the next appt.? Mine is February 26th at 1:15. Can't imagine getting a fill right now, after a small saucer of food I'm stuffed....hoping that doesn't change anytime soon!