Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hey guys well I'm being banded in 5 days ahhhhh!! lol so nervous 25th has gotten here really fast, please pray for me and I will pray for all of you , best of luck talk to you on the other side!

Tulip... My second day home I was really shakey. Started adding up my calories, Protein, fat grams and realized I wasn't getting much at all. THe 2nd day home I had 345 calories and 17 grams of protein, 3rd day I got it all the way up to 550 calories and 27 grams of protein!! It's hard when the doctor says only liquids for a few days. I have been eating broth, egg drop Soup (blended well), potato soup, Protein Drinks, k20, orange juice smoothie with Protein Powder added. Last night I was able to start on thicker things like runny mashed potatoes. Going to try Malt o meal this morning and refried Beans and cheese for lunch......

I'm afraid to eat....a first for me.....ever!!

WHat are you allowed to eat? How many calories, protein are you getting in?

:wave:Congratulations to all the new bandsters!!! GREAT JOB!!!!:o I hope you all feel better soon!!

:wow2: It's interesting to read how different every experience is...My MD will NOT let me solids for at least a week. NO EXCEPTIONS! I mean, we have a completely liquid diet for 8 days!!!!!:faint: We'll see how it goes...:cry

Sending prayers and best wishes to those joining the land of bandsters: PruposeDriven4, Juno610 and RSBell. Please come back and let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to it.

Audree, Oooh, I love to hear those NSVs. :clap2: Congrats! The only thing that I have noticed is my bra is getting a little loose. My hubby notices that my tummy is not as swollen.

<O:p</O:p

How many calories are in the Kellogg’s Protein Water? How many grams of protein? What is your favorite flavor?

I took up your advice and named my band too. Bandele – which means “given life”. That seems so appropriate for me, since my Bandele is going to restore my health, reduce my dependence on medications and will liberate me!

Shesha – Will be sending positive thoughts your take to care of that cold. Call the doctor to check before you go. I was told that as long as I was not running fever, and there was no congestion in my chest I would be okay to go.

PurposeDriven4 – I was told I could drive as soon as I quit taking the prescription pain medicine.

Sunshine2 – I hope you call your doctor if your blurry vision isn’t totally resolved by Monday. It might just be the meds, but better to be safe. Thanks for your work on the master list.

Lap – welcome to the losers side. I had all those same thoughts before surgery just like you. You have given good advice to those waiting and scared – do it anyway!

NickNack – That light- headed feeling is probably from not getting enough liquids. Try to take just a small sip every 15 minutes if you can. Hope you feel better real soon, if not call your doctor on Monday and let us know how you are doing.

MySpace – I am very new to my space, but have started a profile. I have tried to add friends from this thread at lapbandtalk. I have Audree and Olga’s page link but am still trying to find out how to get them added to my friends. Is there anyone else out there with a my space page? My page is http://www.myspace.com/joytowin

This has been so nice to catch up and read how everyone is doing. I’m improving each day.

Is anyone else on “soft foods” yet. What is your daily menu look like? For me I had oatmeal at Breakfast, Split pea Soup at lunch, and some Tomato Soup with a scrambled egg for dinner. Around 3 in the afternoon I had snack of lite yogurt with unflavored Unjury mixed in. I definitely got my 64 oz of fluids in today (but didn’t do as well yesterday). Took a 20 minute walk.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Terry

:wave:Terry~ Good Morining! I sent a friend request to myspace..I know how frustrating :frusty: computers:smash: can be...let me know if you got it! Keep me posted!! :wilted_rose:Olga

I need a name for MY band!??? Being that for all my life I've been called everything from 'Shirly, Sharon, Shelia, Shelly,...' I thought I'd go with something like that. But I want it to be clever, like when us girls say "Ruby" is in town.

:o

Tulip... My second day home I was really shakey. Started adding up my calories, Protein, fat grams and realized I wasn't getting much at all. THe 2nd day home I had 345 calories and 17 grams of protein, 3rd day I got it all the way up to 550 calories and 27 grams of protein!! It's hard when the doctor says only liquids for a few days. I have been eating broth, egg drop Soup (blended well), potato soup, protein drinks, k20, orange juice smoothie with protein powder added. Last night I was able to start on thicker things like runny mashed potatoes. Going to try Malt o meal this morning and refried Beans and cheese for lunch......

I'm afraid to eat....a first for me.....ever!!

WHat are you allowed to eat? How many calories, protein are you getting in?

I'm not geting enough calories in either, but I use Protein Drink to make up the difference. I find myself really, really shaky and weak if I don't get in enough Water. Honestly! Here is a sample if what I eat:

breakfast - coffee with splenda, Profecta protein drink (only 2.9 oz but 25 grams protein), Small amount of cream of wheat, really thin

lunch - pureed stew, with meat pieces picked out beforehand

snack= cottage cheese (about 3 teaspoons)

dinner - 3 bites of grilled salmon, 3-4 bites of canned asparagus, 1 teaspoon of baked beans

All of these food items are on my doctor's food list for stage 2. Lots of water, crystal light and tea in between. My day above consisted of 530 calories and 51 grams of protein.

Now that you are on thicker foods, you can puree most any soup. I take one can and divide it into 3 4oz storage containers, using one for each meal. When I use one container, I heat it and thin with water even more, even then I don't usually finish all of it. There are still a few very small chunks that I use to practice chewing. As your swelling goes down, you will find that you can tolerate a little more. Good luck on your change to the thicker foods.

Terry

I have 10 days to go..last night I was lying in bed wondering if I am doing the right thing. I will never have the same attitude about food again. We had a big stir fry dinner last night, and this morning, I had a cinnabon! I can not wait until my life is normal, and doesnt revolve around my next meal! UG! I appreciate all the POST OP tips you all have been sharing! Keep it up.[/quote

Funny you feel like your horse is thinking that way .... I have felt the same way and have promised my horse that i was doing this all for him and in a few weeks he will see when i get on him that i am not so heavy and will keep getting lighter ... good luck :o :clap2:

Hello everyone. My vision is slowly coming back. I can see great improvement today! I'm so excited, I was really freaking out last night.

I am still pretty sore around the port area, and cannot walk straight yet, I am still humped over a bit due to the pain. I was hoping to be one of those with NO pain. There is no way I could go back to work today. I'm glad I'm taking two or three weeks off. My short term disability called me the day of the surgery and told me I was approved to be off until 2/11/07. That is almost FOUR weeks. However, I feel too guilty to take off that long. So, I'll probably be back in two weeks.

I have a lot of catching up to do on the board, but I'm just not up to sitting up that long right now, so It will take me a few days to catch up on all the post, update the master list, etc.

I am on a clear liquid diet for TWO WEEKS, sucks. I can have Protein Shakes but that is the only non clear thing I can have. I've been trying to get my Water down, and sipping on it all day long. I feel like I'm losing weight, but who wouldn't with not eating. I'm dealing with a little head hunger, I sure would like some refried Beans with extra cheese and some salsa. HOWEVER, I am not hungry and I cannot have them yet.

I'm shocked at how little I can eat. Three or four sips of broth and I'm done.

Well, hopefully by tomorrow I will be better at seeing everything and can start going to the gym.

Hello! I'm back to work. Which means, for a while, I'll be doing more reading then contributing. Just wanted to check in and say that I'm still doing well. I'm still struggling to get the Protein in though. I can start pureed food this Friday. To me, that means soft food - pulverized. :o

At least, that's what I'm going to do. I'm on full liquids. I've had Water downed Farina and milked down mashed potatoes. I sure hope the mashed potatoes are okay. I keep them close to the consistency of the Farina, and I was told if it could get through a straw, I'm okay.

Still, I'll wait until Friday before I add in the refried Beans, which by the way I never did like, but they sure sound good today. What was that...shredded cheese and a little salsa mixed in. Mmmmm, sounds good to me. :)

Congratulations to all who were banded today! Check in when you can. Good luck to those who are up this week.

Well, my week is finally here!!

I go to work tomorrow, then Tuesday morning fly out to Denver. I meet with the Dr. on Wednesday and have my surgery Thursday afternoon!

I have been very good on my preop diet and have lost almost 4 lbs! Yay me!

Unfortunately, I have a bit of a cold at the moment. I have been OD'ing on Zicam and Airborne hoping to be rid of it by wednesday!! It started last week on Tuesday, so I think I should be over it by then. I would hate to fly out to Denver only to be turned away!

I was also sick right before surgury. I thought I was getting strep throat, it hurt so bad! I was popping Airbornne and I got better!!!

:cry Yeah, I did get sick. I was supposed to be having my surgery tomorrow; however, I ended up with bronchitis/asthma. I'm so bummed..but, glad I got it now instead of after the surgery. UGH! So, I'm rescheduled for next week.

With my downtime of trying to get better, I've been bugging the nurses with tons of questions. They are probably thinking that I'm rethinking this but they have been so helpful. I can't wait until I get this next week. In the meantime, the steriods are making me gain weight. UGH!! Oh, well.....I'll get through it. Just hope I'm better next week.

I'm glad I have this board..you guys are great teachers.

Hello everyone.

I was excited Saturday, I tried a pair of pants on that had never fit before and I'd refused to return them, and they fit! Very comfortably.

One week out today, still on liquids, eatting mostly just Soups and still learning how to slow down, small sips etc. Ate hot and sour Soup at the mall yesterday and couldn't get over how good it was!!!!

I love Hot and Sour soup....I think I'll be eating a lot of that!! :)

Hello everyone.

I was excited Saturday, I tried a pair of pants on that had never fit before and I'd refused to return them, and they fit! Very comfortably.

One week out today, still on liquids, eatting mostly just Soups and still learning how to slow down, small sips etc. Ate hot and sour Soup at the mall yesterday and couldn't get over how good it was!!!!

What is Hot and Sour Soup and where do you get it? I am not getting my Protein in either. I am not hungry but I can tell that I am getting weak from not getting my protein in. I need to go find some protein powder to put into my soup or something.

Hello everyone. My vision is slowly coming back. I can see great improvement today! I'm so excited, I was really freaking out last night.

I am still pretty sore around the port area, and cannot walk straight yet, I am still humped over a bit due to the pain. I was hoping to be one of those with NO pain. There is no way I could go back to work today. I'm glad I'm taking two or three weeks off. My short term disability called me the day of the surgery and told me I was approved to be off until 2/11/07. That is almost FOUR weeks. However, I feel too guilty to take off that long. So, I'll probably be back in two weeks.

I have a lot of catching up to do on the board, but I'm just not up to sitting up that long right now, so It will take me a few days to catch up on all the post, update the master list, etc.

I am on a clear liquid diet for TWO WEEKS, sucks. I can have Protein shakes but that is the only non clear thing I can have. I've been trying to get my Water down, and sipping on it all day long. I feel like I'm losing weight, but who wouldn't with not eating. I'm dealing with a little head hunger, I sure would like some refried Beans with extra cheese and some salsa. HOWEVER, I am not hungry and I cannot have them yet.

I'm shocked at how little I can eat. Three or four sips of broth and I'm done.

Well, hopefully by tomorrow I will be better at seeing everything and can start going to the gym.

I hope you are feeling better. My heating pad helped in the beginning.

Isn't is a different world to not really be hungry? I love it!