Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Angy12314 (Jen) - Can you please add the following to your first post, these are the new bandsters to be added to the list. If you would like, I could email you the entire master list and then you could just copy and paste to your original post. Or you could just add the following to the original post? Whichever you prefer, just PM me your email address if you want me to send the entire list - it is in on a word doc.

PS welcome new January Bandsters!

Tulip - 1/08/07

girlinnyc - 1/08/07

Mikeomando - 1/10/07

IntheBreeze13 - 1/12/07

Revoloution - 1/17/07

Stephanee - 1/18/07

Shellyfromohio (shelly) - 1/18/07

Shayne9927 - 1/19/07

lap - 1/19/07

purposedriven4 - 1/22/07

Bandida - 1/26/07

Texasbighair - 1/30/07

gig8 (Gigi) - 1/30/07

your247realtor - 1/31/07

1bunni4me - 1/31/07

Jen - I just emailed you the master list so it would make it easier to update the list. Let me know if you did not get it.

I hope everyone is doing great, - IntheBreeze13, how are you doing now? I have a feeling I might have to spend the night in the hospital but not sure. So sorry you had a lot of pain, are you doing better?

Texasbighair - I love your name. Everytime I go to my hairdresser, I always tell him, I want the Texas big hair! He laughs everytime I tell him that, I tell him, I'm not joking, I love big hair! LOL

I'm on day 2 of my liquids, and today seems to be going a little better. I'm running to the bathroom every 30 minutes, but not too hungry today, so that is better. I'm so ready for my surgery, I'm just ready to get it over with!

Audree - thanks for sharing the info on erosion, that is one of my biggest fears!

Okay, I've got to get work now, busy week for me since I will be taking off for a few weeks, I have a lot of work to catch up on.

Talk to everyone later.

Does anyone have the information on how to get the teal colored 'bandsters' Bracelet? I tried it once from here; but never got my bracelet.

***The kind that Lance Armstrong made famous for cancer; but these are for bansters

I tried to google it and find any information on this, but could not. I do know there is a medical alert card you can get, but I haven't seen the bracelet. Please let us know if you find one and how to get it.

Hello again - now I may be going nuts but last night I woke up in a cold sweat thinking about how my kids and husband would be if everything does not go well on friday. I am freaking out at this stage, and the worst part is that I haven't told anyone other than my husband. I even got to the point of writing letters to each of them telling them how much I care, and how sorry I am etc etc... just in case. It took me hours to calm down and relax enough to go back to sleep. I came downstairs and started reading all the posts in here - so encouraging and supportive:) and totally responsible for the calming effect - I think if it had not been for this forum I would have chickened out at this stage!

Did anyone else feel like this? I talked to my husband about it this evening and hes very supportive and reassuring, but I can't help worrying!

I guess I just have to have trust in God at this stage - my surgeon is very experienced and has done over 1000 lap bands, and even trains other doctors on the technique, but my head is not listening to logic at this point.

I just can't wait to wake up after surgery on friday and phone home!

Does anyone have the information on how to get the teal colored 'bandsters' Bracelet? I tried it once from here; but never got my bracelet.

***The kind that Lance Armstrong made famous for cancer; but these are for bansters

Sherilynn, this is the closest I could get..Let me know if this helps!!! Good Luck and keep me posted..I'd love to get one!!!:P

Hello,

Let us introduce ourselves: We are Caroline Dumas (a future bandster) and Nancy Teasdale (1 year post-op). We are both young French speaking ladies living in the province of Quebec, Canada.

As members of a French Canadian bandster support group, we followed-up on a suggestion to create a silicone band for the lap-band, in a similar fashion to the Live Strong band for cancer or the pink band for breast cancer. The response was amazing!

This bracelet exists for several reasons, the first being to represent a symbol that identifies us all to each others as bandsters. For lots of us, it also serves the purpose of encouraging and reminding us, on a constant basis, of how proud we are that we took this great path towards health and a better life, as well as to get the support from those close to us, ones as they wear it too. Ultimately, this bracelet represents an excellent way to raise awareness of the lap-band.

About 7 weeks ago, we collected suggestions from members of our forum to find a slogan to write on the bracelet. We then proceeded to a survey with all members to chose which of these slogans would be their favourite. "Renaissance - O - Rebirth" came out as the slogan that represents what the lap-band means to the clear majority of us. "Renaissance" is the French translation to the word "Rebirth" and the circle (- O-) actually represents the lap-band. The colour that was favoured by the majority is midnight-blue, that we feel is sober and of good taste. The picture of the bracelet can be found here: http://scratandboo.com/rebirth%20band.htm)

Once all decisions were made as per the aspects of the bracelet, we proceeded to order 100 of them, which are currently sold out. There is now a waiting list for a second order. Since the bracelet is written in both English and French, we think ic could be of interest to bandsters from outside of Quebec. That's why we are offering it to you.

The price of the bracelet is $4, plus actual shipping ($1.50 for shipping to US and $1.00 for shipping to Canada). The shipping price remains the same whether you order 1 or 10 bracelets. You can either mail us a cheque to that amount or send us the money via Paypal.

We wish to emphasise that we are not a company nor an association. We are not selling this silicone band commercially or to incur a profit. We are simply two bandsters, pre-op and post-op, who responded to a request from our fellow members, nothing more. We are actually offering you this bracelet at cost, considering that we only order small batches of them at a time (which increases the price per bracelet), and that we also have to pay for taxes, brokerage fees, duties, enveloppes, milleage to go to the post office, not withstanding the numerous hours we gladly dedicate to the task of promoting the bracelet, receiving the orders, preparing and mailing them, etc.

It's up to you to decide if this silicone band is for you. If so, do not hesitate to e-mail Caroline at nelf000 @ yahoo.ca and to indicate the quantity of bracelets you need and your mailing address. Upon receipt of your e-mail, a confirmation reply will be sent to you, including the mailing address to send your cheque to or the e-mail address to send your Paypal payment to, whichever is your favourite method.

We appreciate your trusting us and hope to hear from you!

Caroline & Nancy ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>

<O:p></O:p>

I am new here , but i feel like this will be a place a visit very often ... I am being banded on 1-17-07 just 2 days from now and i think i am having a nervous break down

Hello again - now I may be going nuts but last night I woke up in a cold sweat thinking about how my kids and husband would be if everything does not go well on friday. I am freaking out at this stage, and the worst part is that I haven't told anyone other than my husband.

Lap, I felt just like you do before I had my surgery. I did not tell my sisters or daughters or friends, and began to panic thinking about "what if". I guess that is pretty normal. I didn't even confess to my husband about my worries because I didn't want to admit how I felt, even to him.

Try to take a deep breath and think positive thoughts that will instill confidence about this surgery. It sounds like you have chosen a very skilled and experienced surgeon. I bet you come through surgery just fine and will be back here posting soon after. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

I am new here , but i feel like this will be a place a visit very often ... I am being banded on 1-17-07 just 2 days from now and i think i am having a nervous break down

Hi, welcome to a place with lots of information. I have spent hours reading all through this forum and really appreciate the sharing spirit of fellow bandsters.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. I am sure everything will go fine. I'll keep you in my prayers.

last night I woke up in a cold sweat thinking about how my kids and husband would be if everything does not go well on friday. I am freaking out at this stage, and the worst part is that I haven't told anyone other than my husband.

I am in the same boat as you, so far here is who I have told, my husband, my mother, and my best friend, that is it. My mother because she is going to be with me, my best friend (who is also my cousin), because she just went thru the Gastric Bypass. I have not told my kids either.

You sound like you have a great surgeon, so that is reasurring. Look at all the people who have been bandid this month alone and how great they are all doing. Yes, there is a little pain that comes with it, but it is short, so have faith and you will be okay. I know how you feel, because I am freaking a little, however, I know it will be okay. Its only natural to feel a little freaky the closer we get to surgery! Hang in there!

I am in the same boat as you, so far here is who I have told, my husband, my mother, and my best friend, that is it. My mother because she is going to be with me, my best friend (who is also my cousin), because she just went thru the Gastric Bypass. I have not told my kids either.

Sunshine, that is interesting that your best friend/cousin just had gastric bypass. Are you using the same surgeon as she did? How wondeful to share this journey with a close friend.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. You are right about the pain only lasting briefly, if at all. Will your mother be able to help you out after surgery?

Tulip

Jen - I just emailed you the master list so it would make it easier to update the list. Let me know if you did not get it.

It's all done!

Sunshine, that is interesting that your best friend/cousin just had gastric bypass. Are you using the same surgeon as she did? How wondeful to share this journey with a close friend.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. You are right about the pain only lasting briefly, if at all. Will your mother be able to help you out after surgery?

Tulip

Yes, we are using the exact same surgeon. He is pro gastric bypass and has been doing them for years, however, he has done over 1000 lab bands as well. So he does both surgeries. I am not that impressed with his bedside manner, however, I am impressed with his knowledge and his reputation.

My mother will be able to help me out, and I have my husband as well. My kids just think that I am having a hernia repair (which I am getting my hiatal hernia repaired at the same time). I didn't want to tell my kids about the surgery because I didn't want them to feel they had to lie or not be honest with other members of the family. I felt it was unfair to tell them something and then tell them not to tell anyone.

It's all done!

THANKS! Wow, just look how many January Bandsters we have now. The list keeps growing and growing!