Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi all,

I'm catching a plane for Monterray Mexico tomorrow, an all day journey. I am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday the 15ths. I have such a peculiar situation. I orginially planned/scheduled this with Dr. Sanchez. Well, he apparently was murdered by some robbers as he was going to his ranch to pay his employees. The anesthesologist (or however you spell it) was the driver and the one who I had corresponded with.

So the liason is via Belighter.com and Ann Marie. I have a general idea about who is doing the surgery, hopefully a Dr. Trevino, but he is with the Obesity Control Center, which is different than the Dr. Sanchez organization. His credentials are fine so I feel good about that. He works with Dr. Rumbault.

Anyway, I'm not nervous as I'm pretty prepared for this process. I am doing this long journey on my own, to Mexico, but have total family support about the surgery and process afterward. Just kind of strange circumstances.

Shawn:think

Shawn - well that is rather strange circumstances. Too bad about Dr. Sanchez. However, I am sure the replacement will be fine and you'll do great. Have a good trip!

Stephanee- thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I have lost all grandparents and both my parents and am an only child. My son is now having huge difficulties with his asthma so it looks like my hubby will have to stay with him tomorrow instead of coming with me.

I feel so alone and am wondering if I have made the right decision.

LALA,

Even though it seems like you are alone, remember that you are NOT. God is with you every step of the way...and you have us, too! Even though I am in Oklahoma (and we are under a HUGE Ice/Winter Storm), I am still praying for you! Its easy to have self doubt, I suspect I will have it right after I wake up from my procedure. Just stay focused on the reasons why you are having this procedure done. And keep us in contact, please!!!

Hi all,

I'm catching a plane for Monterray Mexico tomorrow, an all day journey. I am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday the 15ths. I have such a peculiar situation. I orginially planned/scheduled this with Dr. Sanchez. Well, he apparently was murdered by some robbers as he was going to his ranch to pay his employees. The anesthesologist (or however you spell it) was the driver and the one who I had corresponded with.

So the liason is via Belighter.com and Ann Marie. I have a general idea about who is doing the surgery, hopefully a Dr. Trevino, but he is with the Obesity Control Center, which is different than the Dr. Sanchez organization. His credentials are fine so I feel good about that. He works with Dr. Rumbault.

Anyway, I'm not nervous as I'm pretty prepared for this process. I am doing this long journey on my own, to Mexico, but have total family support about the surgery and process afterward. Just kind of strange circumstances.

Shawn:think

Obesity Control Center is Dr. Ortiz's center. Dr. Ortiz is one of the top in this field, with over 4000 under his belt. If your surgery is at OCC, you are in good hands. Dr. ORtiz would not be affiliated with anyone who was not good!

Audree

Stephanee- thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I have lost all grandparents and both my parents and am an only child. My son is now having huge difficulties with his asthma so it looks like my hubby will have to stay with him tomorrow instead of coming with me.

I feel so alone and am wondering if I have made the right decision.

I will be praying for you and your son.

Audree

I was glad to see that others haven't told their kids and friends. There are only 2 people (besides the medical people) that know about my surgery and that is my husband and one friend. I didn't tell my sisters, daughters, employer or any other friends. I took off a few days and hope I can pull this off at work starting next week.

Audree, I had the exact same thought before surgery about not telling my daughters. I guess it was just panick.

Doing pretty good today. I absolutely love my Magic Bullet. I take any Soup, remove the meat, and puree to mush. I have some 4oz plastic storage containers (from Walmart) and fill each one. For a meal I can take one container, add Water to thin it out and heat in microwave. Yummy! I've tried the vegetable beef soup, homemade cheese soup, beef stew. They don't look so good but taste great. My doctor has asked me to not eat beef, chicken, lamb or pork until 5 weeks. Fish is okay though.

I am not able to each much more than 4 oz before I am FULL! I hope this feeling lasts until the first fill.

Each day gets better. I take GasX regularly and use my heating pad. Have been able to take 2 walks a day. I heard that will help with gas pains, I hope so. Sometimes I just stand in the shower and let warm water spray on my left shoulder.

I haven't put anything on my scars because I still have the steri-strips.

Thanks for all the support here. You bandsters are wonderful encouragement.

I am glad to hear you are doing well! When were you banded? I was banded Jan. 5th, 2007

Audree

Tomorrow is the big day! I am still excited, not nervous at all about the surgery, but concerned about being able to get there. We are under an ice storm warning, suppose to get pretty bad tonight. Terrified that I won't make it to the hospital or surgeries get canceled or something. Keep me in your prayers too. I'm a strong believer in prayer, and I also don't think I'd be getting this procedure if God didn't have a hand in it.

Tomorrow is the big day! I am still excited, not nervous at all about the surgery, but concerned about being able to get there. We are under an ice storm warning, suppose to get pretty bad tonight. Terrified that I won't make it to the hospital or surgeries get canceled or something. Keep me in your prayers too. I'm a strong believer in prayer, and I also don't think I'd be getting this procedure if God didn't have a hand in it.

That is what kept me going. I believe that all the circumstances that led up to my banding were ordained by God. So many things went so smoothly. Everything fell into place. If it is His will, nothing can get in the way!:amen:

Tomorrow 1-15 is my banding day and I really appreciate reading the responses of all you with prayers and good wishes for those of us who are still getting banded. Such great companionship on this journey to being "fit and normal." I can't wait for more energy and less joint pain. It makes my mild apprehension about the procedure well worth it. It also

helps me deal with no caffeine and no wine. I'm not sure how long after banding I can hold out - even half a cup of coffee would get me through the day. Does anyone drink coffee or wine with the band?

Smilliegal:phanvan

Tomorrow 1-15 is my banding day and I really appreciate reading the responses of all you with prayers and good wishes for those of us who are still getting banded. Such great companionship on this journey to being "fit and normal." I can't wait for more energy and less joint pain. It makes my mild apprehension about the procedure well worth it. It also

helps me deal with no caffeine and no wine. I'm not sure how long after banding I can hold out - even half a cup of coffee would get me through the day. Does anyone drink coffee or wine with the band?

Smilliegal:phanvan

Coffee is my Breakfast with one cup of soy milk everyday!!! I used to read that with a lot of bandsters and I couldn't believe it, but it is all I can consume in the morning due to being so tight in the morning.

Audree

Hi all!!

Monday 1/15 is the start of my pre-op diet. I just need to do low carb/high Protein for 10 days to shrink my liver. I am very excited...

My hubby and I took before pics and wrote down all our measurements earlier this evening. Even though he is not getting a band (doesn't need it) he hopes to piggy back off mine and lose his lovehandles! :)

I came upon a fortunate surprise yesterday. They had a Mind, Body, Spirt seminar in my town. I went and one of the local hospitals was doing free checkups! I got stats on my weight, bmi, body fat content, blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol!

Besides the fact that I am slightly MO and 1/2 fat (50%!!!!!) I am pretty healthy. Everything else was in optimal to normal ranges! Yay me!

I am glad I have this baseline to see just how healthy I become after being banded - not just the numbers on the scale!

Hi all!!

Monday 1/15 is the start of my pre-op diet. I just need to do low carb/high Protein for 10 days to shrink my liver. I am very excited...

My hubby and I took before pics and wrote down all our measurements earlier this evening. Even though he is not getting a band (doesn't need it) he hopes to piggy back off mine and lose his lovehandles! :)

I came upon a fortunate surprise yesterday. They had a Mind, Body, Spirt seminar in my town. I went and one of the local hospitals was doing free checkups! I got stats on my weight, bmi, body fat content, blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol!

Besides the fact that I am slightly MO and 1/2 fat (50%!!!!!) I am pretty healthy. Everything else was in optimal to normal ranges! Yay me!

I am glad I have this baseline to see just how healthy I become after being banded - not just the numbers on the scale!

Sounds great!!! The measurements will get you through those plateau times. I took mine and posted them on my journal.

Pre op diet also got me prepared for post op eating. Prior to Pre Op, I was totally pigging out badly!!!!!

Sounds great!!! The measurements will get you through those plateau times. I took mine and posted them on my journal.

Pre op diet also got me prepared for post op eating. Prior to Pre Op, I was totally pigging out badly!!!!!

Yes, it's frustrating when you KNOW you've been working out, the clothes fit better, yet the scale isn't moving!! When I can look back at those measurements I'll know I am making progress!!

I really didn't do too bad with the "last meal pig out syndrome". I did have some of my husband's birthday cake and a piece of broasted chicken for lunch today, but nothing too crazy. I do wish I would have gotten a plate of Pasta in, but oh well, Lord know's I've had enough of them!

OMG, I am on day 1 of liquid phase.....and I've taken a bite of pizza, and 1 choco chip cookie, the rest liquids. I've got to do better!

I'm so hungry! I'm drinking a nectar shake right now, hopefully it will fill me up. Man, I still have three more days of liquids and I haven't even made it thru day 1, I suck.

I've been doing laundry all day, trying to get it all done before my surgery. The weather here in Oklahoma is really icey and roads are slick. I've been stuck in the house all day, but I really need to be so I can get all my work done.

Hope all is doing well.

Yes, it's frustrating when you KNOW you've been working out, the clothes fit better, yet the scale isn't moving!! When I can look back at those measurements I'll know I am making progress!!

I really didn't do too bad with the "last meal pig out syndrome". I did have some of my husband's birthday cake and a piece of broasted chicken for lunch today, but nothing too crazy. I do wish I would have gotten a plate of Pasta in, but oh well, Lord know's I've had enough of them!

Forget about the last meal syndrome, when my surgury date got postponed I went nuts from Dec. 15 to my pre op Dec. 30!!! I called it the Un-diet! I ate EVERYTHING I never allowed myself to have due to always being on one diet or another.

It was total nuts!!!!! :)

OMG, I am on day 1 of liquid phase.....and I've taken a bite of pizza, and 1 choco chip cookie, the rest liquids. I've got to do better!

I'm so hungry! I'm drinking a nectar shake right now, hopefully it will fill me up. Man, I still have three more days of liquids and I haven't even made it thru day 1, I suck.

I've been doing laundry all day, trying to get it all done before my surgery. The weather here in Oklahoma is really icey and roads are slick. I've been stuck in the house all day, but I really need to be so I can get all my work done.

Hope all is doing well.

You are doing great!!! We are just a work in progress! Your surgery date is only a few days away!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It will be here before you know it!!!