Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March into Formation March Sleevers! Roll Call...

Ahhh' date=' yeah, I get it. It's a huge decision. I think many of the doctors you've been considering are fantastic based on their records and patient reviews.. but I think the overall experience you might get with Aceves or Alvarez is definitely enhanced so I can definitely see why you might be more comfortable there especially if you are exceptionally anxious. No matter what you choose, you won't go wrong.[/quote']

Thanx for the understanding. I think the waiting makes it harder to rest easy and easier to 2nd guess everything. The reviews for Dr. Lopez are excellent. Truly. If someone was looking for an opinion I'd happily offer up my research on Dr. Lopez and ALM and suggest they get in touch with them. But I do need, in this experience, to be coddled and have my hand held. A lot.

March 29

Dr Fernando Garcia

Tijuana

Hospital MiDoctor

I chose Dr. Garcia because you remain under his care for 4 nights after your surgery, either 3 nights in hospital and 1 night in hotel or 2 and 2. I understand that many surgeons consider this an outpatient procedure, but I like that there will be professionals taking care of me through the hardest part of my recovery.

Just got everything together! March 8th Dr. Garcia!!!! So excited

Sigh...

Amanda Rae

I'm having surgery march 8 with dr. Fernando Garcia. I was initially going to go with Cabrera/Valenzuela but after more research I felt more comfortable with dr Garcia. I'm excited. Wish you the best of luck Amanda!

Stephanie

Just got everything together! March 8th Dr. Garcia!!!! So excited

Me tooooo!!!!!! March 8!! Dr Garcia:) see you there:)

I'm having surgery march 8 with dr. Fernando Garcia. I was initially going to go with Cabrera/Valenzuela but after more research I felt more comfortable with dr Garcia. I'm excited. Wish you the best of luck Amanda!

Stephanie

Thank you and best of luck to you too.

Amanda Rae

Sigh...

Amanda Rae

I'm so sorry you're struggling. It is a huge decision! If it makes you feel a little bit better, I changed my mind mid-stream and am ending up with a different doctor than I originally thought I'd choose.

Now, I'm totally confident with my decision and just am excited for the time to arrive!

Are you a list maker? I made a spreadsheet when I was initially attempting to choose and it helped me a lot.

~Kat

I'm so sorry you're struggling. It is a huge decision! If it makes you feel a little bit better' date=' I changed my mind mid-stream and am ending up with a different doctor than I originally thought I'd choose.

Now, I'm totally confident with my decision and just am excited for the time to arrive!

Are you a list maker? I made a spreadsheet when I was initially attempting to choose and it helped me a lot.

~Kat[/quote']

Actually it makes me feel a lot better. I am so happy for those who make their choice and never seem to waiver. Mildly envious too. :-)

I guess I'm feeling a little melancholy.

Amanda Rae

This is a huge decision! I wouldn't let just any surgeon operate on me, and remove a portion of my stomach. Maybe I overanalyze it a bit, but I'm seriously stressed out over it. Of course, I have my Mother always asking me what am I gonna do if I have complications afterwards... What doctor would help me here in the US after I went to Mexico for my surgery. Just the stress of it all!

March 13 th

March 30 with Dr Alvarez

This is a huge decision! I wouldn't let just any surgeon operate on me' date=' and remove a portion of my stomach. Maybe I overanalyze it a bit, but I'm seriously stressed out over it. Of course, I have my Mother always asking me what am I gonna do if I have complications afterwards... What doctor would help me here in the US after I went to Mexico for my surgery. Just the stress of it all![/quote']

I understand your issues. I was lucky enough to find a PCP who has had VSG recently. Just do your research.