Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleeve 4 days ago in Jaurez

Well I made the big trip to Mexico and had my band removed and after 4 1/2 hours of surgery with doctor Rodriguez and two other Doctors I was luck to get my sleeve. I had my band done over 6 years ago. I had lots of soreness in the port area but did not get sick often . I had no clue my band had slipped . It was like that for many years I guess, just no clue. It took all three doctors working 4 1/2 hour to remove band scar tissue and clean any areas with infection. I was so lucky to have such a great team of Doctors fighting for me. I woke up very sick due to amount of medicine used to keep me knocked out. They also did the upper GI at the same time so my throat was so sorry! It was a rough 10 hours after. I will say this I was truly blessed with great doctors and nurse who worked around clock to take care of me! I will never be able to repay my husband for all his support to walk and cleaning up every time I got sick!! Which was A LOT! The Star Medica was super clean and Juarez was safe! My husband went next door and ate awesome Mexican food. Think that's what kept him going! The only hard part was the English with the nurses, all doctors spoke English very clear. My husband can speak some Spanish so ... Again he took care of talking for me. If he was not around they would bring in someone to speak English . I am still super sore and healing. This was a blessing! I was taken care of for three nights before sent home. Was given my leak test and video. They even took time out to show me my area that still needed to heal from the lap band. I have a lower BMI so I had an easy pre op diet. Now since all the damage I have 6 weeks of liquid diet. I am down already 8 pounds in 5 days! Here is my story.

Thanks so much for posting! I am headed to juarez march 11th (surgery on the 12th). I am trying to get every first hand experience possible. I am getting so nervous and scared but don't worry, NOTHING will stop me from getting this done :))

I was hoping you would update us on your experience there. I am glad that you are back home and healing.

Gilly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!