Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this has been posted a lot but I am starting my pureed foods today and just wondering what people ate and when on this stage. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Meat!!

If fills you up and is warm and satisfying!

Roasted chicken with some watered down gravy

Puréed ( looks gross) tastes good!

Turkey meat loaf watered down gravy and I bit if runny instant mashed potatoes... Again looks yucky tastes like real food!!

Oh and measure your amounts after you make it, you just need a little it will fill you up! :)

Had one scrambled egg for Breakfast. I dont think it gave me any problems. I am afraid to eat anything!!

My wife works at Chipotle. I was thinking of having her bring me a little of the chicken and mild salsa and throwing that in the food processor. That should be good right?

I know :) it's scary but just do a little at first! Now that you ate the egg wait and make sure it continues to sit well with you...

You may just want to add one or two new things a day and only a little bit, to make sure your tummy handles them well.

Any and every Soup, pureed. Doesn't look as nasty as the baby-poop pureed meats. If you are eating those, just don't look at it when you eat.

I pureed lentil/ham/veggie Soup, chx veggie and turkey chili. Easy on the tummy and soooo delicious.

Sounds good! Make sure the salsa doesn't have seeds in it though (from tomatoes) seeds can be troublesome according to some people here in the beginning...

I had salsa and hot sauce on my eggs though :)

So I could make Soup or chili like I normally would and just put it in the food processor??

You need to be careful with all your ingredients. Sodium is a big problem. The scale stops when you eat too many foods with sodium. I eat greek yogurt, eggs, oatmeal, mashed potatoes, pureed fruits. Pureed meat made me gag. So I will wait till i am on soft foods. I mix Protein Powder with everything so that I feel fuller longer. And i drink to Protein bariatric shakes per day.

So I could make Soup or chili like I normally would and just put it in the food processor??

That is exactly what I did.

Bought a hickory smoked hambone (ask the meat dude at the grocery store) and made lentil soup with onions and carrots.

Grabbed a rotisserie chicken from the store and after it cooled in the fridge, pulled the meat off, added veggies, cooked, pureed.

I use the 8oz mason jam jars and toss them in the freezer. Then, on my way out to work, I grab one and I am set.

As you progress though, you puree your Soups less and less until you are eating like a real person!

And don't forget to add veggies, even to the chili, as those are the best carbs to get. I have suggested to so many folks on here to not do the low-carb thing. With such limited calories, we need carbs for energy.

That's true about the sodium. Thats why I cook my own food. I have a great and easy chili recipe

If you want it.

I would also be careful with the sugars and carbs in the fruit.. And carbs in potatoes oatmeal and such..

Yes about needing the carbs but Protein is very important with so little room in our stomachs..

I make an easy chili for my family:

1pound ground turkey

I red bell pepper chopped 1 green bell pepper chopped

1onion chopped

I small can Tomato paste

1 can diced tomatoes

2 cans black Beans

1 can chicken stock

a handful of chili powder to taste And garlic powder, salt, pepper..or if I'm feeling even more lazy I just use a packet of chili spices and disregard the directions on it! Brown the turkey I'm a big pot Dump the rest in and cook until peppers are tender

Thanks guys!!

I heard celery is ok if cooked thoroughly?

Only if it is diced thoroughly. Those little threads do not digest. Even in normal stomachs. The can cause a bezor. Same reason why no coconut.

I avoid it mostly as it doesn't add that much bang for the buck. If you want the flavor, use celery salt.