Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Jesser' date=' I looked at your profile and saw we live about 1.5 hours away from each other. I am also having surgery on March 9. We could be sleeve buddies and help each other out! If you went with Dr. Fernando Garcia we could even have our surgeries together. That would be awesome to have someone so close to talk to and maybe even meet.[/quote']

Really? Where do you live??

I live in Cypress. Its on the West side of Houston.

Jesser' date='

I feel exactly like you! I haven't said anything to my mother because she is so negative about everything, I just don't want to hear it. I am struggling on a decision about Tijuana surgeons. The one that I really want is 5,500. I just learned last night that his former asst surgeon has opened his own practice and is charging 4,000. But, I can hardly find any information about any of his patients. Is this good because he performed 1,000 surgerys with my preferred doctor? If I helped someone 1,000 times, I think I would be really good at it, so why do I question the junior surgeons experience??

My husband is very supportive, thankfully! However, he just closed his business as it was costing more to keep the doors open than not. So, 1,500 seems much more important. Then I feel like I'm so crazy for wanting this surgery! I picture my self wearing a gown and being wheeled into surgery, and I start flipping out! I'm such a mess! I don't want to tell any of my 2 Friends that know, as I don't want anyone knowing these crazy range of emotions that I'm going through. Don't want anyone to have ammunition to talk me out of it.

I have enough cash to pick the better surgeon. I should stay with who I feel comfortable and in the long run, 1,500 extra in my pocket won't really change things. Maybe I just talked myself into going with the surgeon where I would trust my life in his hands

I guess you have to do what you are doing....weighing your comfort level with the cost. I wish the best in your decision!

Fawn[/quote']

I'm going with Dr. Illan this Sunday. I'll be keeping everyone posted on here on how everything went.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using VST

I like in Katy too!!

Oh that is so cool!! We should get together! I am going March 9 so we are really close on dates. I would love to have support from someone else going through this. Do you have kids? I have a 14 year old daughter, 13 year old son, and 4 year old son.

Oh that is so cool!! We should get together! I am going March 9 so we are really close on dates. I would love to have support from someone else going through this. Do you have kids? I have a 14 year old daughter' date=' 13 year old son, and 4 year old son.[/quote']

Ooops! Meant live. Lol. N that's awesome. I leave Sunday morning n I'm soooo ready!! =)

I have a 11, 10, 9, 4, 2

Jesser,

I understand where you're coming from. I knew I would only get negativity from my parents, so I chose not to tell them. I realize you don't have that option, so I can only suggest that you remember you are doing this for you and your child. Not for your mom or anyone else. This is all about you. It will be one of the few times in your life you have permission to be completely selfish. I don't think you are likely to get support from her on this one, but we (your virtual friends) understand and will support you.

As for your choice of surgeons, I know I did what you are doing. There are many excellent surgeons to choose from. I made a list of what I felt were the top 10, then narrowed to 5, then 2. I prayed about it, agonized over it, pros and cons, and woke up one morning knowing who I wanted to be my surgeon. I went alone, so I wanted to be in a hospital where I knew I would get 24-hour care and would be in a hospital "just in case." I loved having the hospital bed, the nurses at the touch of a call bell, and not having to move to another facility. For me, all these things and so many more made it worth the money I paid. Was it more than most surgeons? Yes. Was it worth every penny for my own peace of mind? Absolutely. I have lost almost 70# since my surgery on 8/31. I had no complications, and feel great.

Wishing you the best in your decision. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about my experience.

I'm going with Dr. Illan this Sunday. I'll be keeping everyone posted on here on how everything went.

Looking forward to your report!! I think Omar is great and I'm totally comfortable with the surgeon. I'm scheduled 3/23.

~Kat

Get out of Town!!!!!! I want to go to Dr Kelly! Where did you get that information? Lora? I have planned to have want my surgery April 1st! Seriously' date=' who to I speak with to get that offer??? Do tell!!![/quote']

I would like to know this too! If Dr. Kelly is price matching in April we are there! My hubby needs surgery in the next few months and we would love to use Dr. Kelly since I had such a positive surgical experience and recovery. I got a deal from him with my surgery and would love to get an even better deal this time.

I've read thousands of great referrals on seemingly all the popular surgeons in Mexico so I think you're pretty well in good hands whether you spend 4500 or 6500 there. I was going back and forth between dr Garcia and dr Kelly but when I started reading posts about how some people were referred to dr Kelly when they were higher risk I really felt confident that other surgeons also view him as highly skilled so that is why I chose him. My surgery is on Thursday so I will post back to let you know my true thoughts after! ;)

I've read thousands of great referrals on seemingly all the popular surgeons in Mexico so I think you're pretty well in good hands whether you spend 4500 or 6500 there. I was going back and forth between dr Garcia and dr Kelly but when I started reading posts about how some people were referred to dr Kelly when they were higher risk I really felt confident that other surgeons also view him as highly skilled so that is why I chose him. My surgery is on Thursday so I will post back to let you know my true thoughts after! ;)

Exactly the reason why I picked Dr. Kelly! I feel safe in his hands. I love the way his patients speak so highly about his bed side manner and skill.

Wishing you safe travels and successful surgery!

Linda

I would like to know this too! If Dr. Kelly is price matching in April we are there! My hubby needs surgery in the next few months and we would love to use Dr. Kelly since I had such a positive surgical experience and recovery. I got a deal from him with my surgery and would love to get an even better deal this time.

I sent you a private message!

Can you send that PM to me as well please?? I would greatly appreciate it.

I sent you a private message!