Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Shannon, did you get the newsletter that was sent out? It said the "new location and for now the plan is to hold it at Wadley hospital. Please check the website each month to make sure of the location and date for the support group." I guess you're right.

Yes, Hippmom, that was me.

I am doing okay. Just trying to walk and sip.:P It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was the last one and we had been there (Wadley) since 5:30 that morning and I didn't have it until about 2ish. Made it home around 4:30 or 5. Everyone was nice and that's what made the wait bearable. It wasn't until this morning, that I stiff and hurt a little bit, but I am still doing what I need to do----walk and sip.:whoo:I had lost 14lbs Tuesday and when I got the hospital Friday, I had lost another 2lbs. So tomorrow can't I have slim fast and sf popsicles? :)

Have a bless day tomorrow, Everyone.:)

Was looking for info and came across this forum at the tip from someone.

I'm having band procedure next week here in TXK. I've already lost 10 lbs on this (ugh) "tasty!" liquid diet. I can't wait to drink 7 to 9 more SlimFast Optimas between now and surgery. I used to love chocolate but those things make me crave dirt.

wish me luck...

THJ

yay glo sounds like you are doing great!!!!

THJ glad you found us the ladies here are a great support group and question you have someone has the answer and if not mrs betty and deb a ps does.

Hey, again, ladies!!!!

Just check'n in...glad to see so many new people added on...

Glo'...hang in there...I promise it gets better...just gotta get over the first few days of everything and it's down hill from there...

Been keeping up with everybody's losses...good to see those tickers moving...

Billy and I are doing fine...Billy is down about 70 lbs, so I am still ahead of him a bit...Not having as much trouble as I was...have learned to slow down even more and chew even more and things have gotten a lot better...Really trying to pack in the protien...for those of you who aren't losing, this is what is working RIGHT NOW for me...I drink one of those Myoplex Protien shakes in the mornings, get in at least a yogurt or cottage cheese during the day or a cheese stick, and then a piece of chicken either for lunch or supper...I am trying to take in more protien than carbs...it's working, but like I say "FOR NOW"...

I am having problems with being really tired and run down, though...I am taking my Vitamins everyday and my other medicines, but I just want to sleep most of the time...what could that be? I thought I would have more energy with getting the weight off, but seems like I am still really tired all the time and don't really do anything that I should be. HELP?:bored

Post again later...take care all...

Welcome Thj!!! Glad you found the Texarkana Bandsters thread. You will have a good support system here, we love questions, and you might even get a few laughs. What day do you have surgery? Any questions? Fire away.

Hi Lynn. Glad things are going down easier, but sounds like you may need some blood work. Also, did you have high blood pressure before? If so, you might need to have that checked. Could be much lower. Lo2us blood pressure did a big drop and meds were adjusted, then dropped. You are right, you should have more energy. Also, you might check your sugar. You could probably see your pcp for that in OK. I know your time is probably more limited now that you are back to work. Take care.

Hi Lisa, Susan, Betty, Glo, Shannon, and the rest of the gang. Got back from my trip yesterday. Glad to be home. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Shannon, congrats for your nephew! We might venture to the festival today and see what's left. Check out the mark downs. Everyone said it was soooo hot this year. I'll bet you did sweat off pounds.

I guess everyone got the letter about the support meeting being at Wadley Hosp. this month. Glo and Thj, hope to see you guys there. All are encouraged to come, even pre-surgery.

Thj, be sure and have adult Tylenol, heating pad, broth, sf popcicles, Jello, Tomato Soup if you like it, or any Soups with nothing in them, no bits and pieces to start with. You can thin them down. Also sf hot chocolate w/ fat-free, skim, or 1% milk is good too. All these will taste wonderful after Slimfast for two weeks! Stick to the plan they give you, it will pass just like the past two weeks did. You are almost through the hardest part. Hang in there!

I got the letter yesterday. Hubby fogot to pick up mail!

Helen the chicken bit the dust yesterday. Now I'm down to just one kitty. She seems to be pretty street-wise now and stays hidden most of the time unless called. I hope she makes it. She puts up a good show if she's scared, thus her name is Spitfire.

Congratulations on the new bandsters and badsters to be. Is that meeting tomorrow?

lynn, i went to my regular doc friday and told him how run down i was feeling so they did blood work. he is checking my b-12. may have to start taking a b-12 shot.

hi everyone!!

Lo2us, I am assuming we go tomorrow (Monday night) as usual. Ours (Texarkana) is the second Monday of the month. So I am assuming it is at Wadley at 7:00 p.m. I plan on being there. I thought it would be posted on the noscales.com site by now but it wasn't as of 15 minutes ago. I think Ms. Betty is going to announce our thread at this meeting. It did say in the letter we recieved that is where we would meet. Hope everyone got the letter. Noscales was kinda newsy this month. I guess it changes every month? Haven't been looking on there that long. I didn't even know about it in the beginning. Hope to see you and your new size tomorrow night. You are doing so great! I am very happy for you. keep it going! I'll bet your husband is happy too.

Good afternoon all,

Feeling a little nasuated today. :cryI have been taking the medicine, but I still feel the same. I did try some apple juice, but can I have a sf popsicle? I'm trying so hard to do what I need to cause that paper confuses me.;) I'm on my third day. I am so gald that I don't have to go back to school until 8/20 and the students won't start until 8/27. Also can I start taking the Proteinex? I looked for a meeting in Mt. Pleasant (every 3rd Monday) but I didn't see one.

Have a blessed evening.

glo it's been over a year since i was where you are in this journey and i honestly can remember the post diet but i bet a sf popscicle would be ok just let it melt in your mouth before you swallow. i dont know anything about the Proteinex it was around a year ago. last time i ck the dates for support meeting weren't posted on noscale but yeah it is the 3rd monday

glad you are doing ok

Shannon, sorry to hear about Helen. At least you had protection for a while. lol

Yall have a good nite.

Hey Yall.......tis another Monday mornin. Yes, Susan, I said it, MONDAY!

Glo, since you have lost 14 pounds, go fix your ticker girl! :lol:

I have lost another 1.5 pounds, but can't move mine yet as this is from the speedy trip we made a couple of weeks ago where I gained a few. I'm playing ticker catch up. lol

Thj, welcome aboard... when is your surgery? If you have any questions, we will be glad to help if we can, so ask away.

Well, I think I have recovered from my 6 flags trip. Man, it was hot, and tiring. I think the traffic to and from the place was enough "joy" ride for me. I hate Dallas traffic. Of course what would you expect from a country girl? I hate Mt. Pleasant traffic. :eek:

Sharon, glad you are home. Did yall have a good trip?

Where is Sunlight?

Yall have a good day!:P

Glo, the meeting is August 20th at the hospital (classroom :lol:. There will be signs. Come on. Susan already knows who you are, but it's nice to be able to put a face with the name.